Trump parading "Angel Moms"

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Question. How come Trump doesn't speak or share the stories of Angel Moms and Dads who lost their children to gun violence? A parent who loses a child is tragic.

Selective politicizing.

Solver

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Politics can be used to distort people‘s perception of reality by an overwhelming dose of emotions.
(Of course not only politicians do this)

Last edited:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Politics can be used to distort people‘s perception of reality by an overwhelming dose of emotions.
I agree. Trump shouldn't need to resort to theatrics for declaring an emergency. He already knows it will be challenged. This was pure theatrics.

jdclifford

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2011
I don't think those mothers should allow their dead children to be used disrespectfully as props in partisan politics. Can anyone truthfully say a wall would have produced a different outcome?

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Link? It was his address today. It's all over youtube and the news.

Don't think you're deflection to Obama wasn't noted. Typical. Heaven forbid you just discuss the topic at hand without but but Obama... but but Hillary...
Your responsibility to source your claim . Not all of us follow trump like you do
And the last clown I was referring to was Hillary

Reactions: Solver and webbuzz

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Your responsibility to source your claim . Not all of us follow trump like you do
And the last clown I was referring to was Hillary
Excuse me. Source a claim that Trump had and referred to women as angel moms during his speech?

You do know that's not how the "source your claim" works. But since it's clearly too hard to go on youtube - here you go. Next time, you can get the link yourself :)

[doublepost=1550265381][/doublepost]
yeah "Trump" because this is truly a new thing... never happened before.
Nice deflection. Why doesn't Trump refer to parents of victims who lost their lives in school shootings as angel parents? I believe that's the topic.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Nice deflection. Why doesn't Trump refer to parents of victims who lost their lives in school shootings as angel parents? I believe that's the topic.
It's not deflection. It's politics. It's not a new thing. Why didn't Obama sing and cried at any of the funerals for all the citizens killed by an illegal immigrant? Why didn't he cry and sang for the Dallas cops? Did he ever invite anyone killed by an illegal at the SOTU?
Come on sam, you know that it's a dirty emotional trick they all play one way or another.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Wtf are "angel Moms". As to Trump declaring "A State of Emergency" to get funds to build his wall - this is an interesting topic. If it succeeds, in the future a Democratic President could use the precedent for Gun Control, or for mandatory Alternative Fuel Infrastructure (to name a few examples) slippery slope. If it fails, well...Trump has whining ammo for 2020.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
It's not deflection. It's politics. It's not a new thing. Why didn't Obama sing and cried at any of the funerals for all the citizens killed by an illegal immigrant? Why didn't he cry and sang for the Dallas cops? Did he ever invite anyone killed by an illegal at the SOTU?
Come on sam, you know that it's a dirty emotional trick they all play one way or another.
It's a deflection. I never said it was a new thing. And more deflection re: Obama. Is the question too hard? ;)

Reactions: JayMysterio

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Is the question too hard? ;)
It's not hard, it's silly ;)
The topic is illegal immigration, and the focus of the policy is illegal immigration. It's silly to ask him to "parade" something else. We might disagree with the focus, by all means, but since that's his focus the actions will be consequential to it.
[doublepost=1550266515][/doublepost]
Thankyou. What the hell does that have to to do with Trump and his wall?
It's a typical rhetorical argumentation - one that I don't like - to use emotions to steer the conversation. The typical "why don't you ask the parents/sons/daughters of the victim(s)" etc. to bring up a point using emotions to prevent focused discussions.

Reactions: jkcerda and Solver

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
It's not hard, it's silly ;)
The topic is illegal immigration, and the focus of the policy is illegal immigration. It's silly to ask him to "parade" something else. We might disagree with the focus, by all means, but since that's his focus the actions will be consequential to it.
True. But has he not spoken about school shootings? Has he referred to any of the parents as Angels?

He shouldn't have to parade anything. He's declaring a national emergency. He's not campaigning for it. He either declares one or not. Instead he got back up on his pulpit and spewed a bunch of lies and fear mongering. For no reason.
[doublepost=1550266807][/doublepost]
Sorry man but I gotta call out anything thats not fair.

The title of this thread is
Trump parading "Angel Moms"

Please provide a link or anything that shows trump parading angel moms.
LOL.. Fair? A valid assessment. Did you watch?

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
Putting aside the question of using the mothers, Trump's press conference seemed particularly unhinged. He simply refuses to accept facts, even those provided by his own administration, and instead makes them up to suit his agenda.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
It's a deflection. I never said it was a new thing. And more deflection re: Obama. Is the question too hard? ;)
Honest question, but why is everything a president does have to measured in a vacuum? Trump is hardly the first to pull this **** but to claim "deflection" is just willfully ignoring past behavior by presidents you probably favored. Wasn't it Obama's COS who boldly stated; "You never let a serious crisis go to waste". These people politicize everything and anything in order to further their agenda. "Deflection" seems to be the code word for "ones hypocrisy is not the topic, move on".