Trump picks a non-scientist climate change skeptic to lead the environmental protection agency

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by juanm, Nov 9, 2016.

1. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

Thank god for president Trump!

No more climate change nonsense.

We can finally focus on real issues.

I told you Donnie will deliver and he will.

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

5. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Son of a bitch Trump and Ebell. I do hope this doesn't fall through, it would be massively stupid. Given that Ebell says, "climate change does not stand to be a problem until 100 to 200 years from now" ... you would think this would call for at least PREVENTION or are we supposed to wait for it to become a problem so we can try to fix it then?

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

You can't prevent the climate from changing and neither should you.

7. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Do you live in a world where science means nothing to you?

I guess not when you live in flat earth land.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

9. MarkusL macrumors 6502

It's as the saying goes:

In Europe, 100 miles is a long distance. In America, 100 years is a long time.

10. Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

How is it that in 2016 we can have a debate about whether or not climate change EXISTS? Every other developed country acknowledges it and is trying to fight it. Greenhouse gases exist because of the way the Earth's atmosphere reflects light...hence why your car is hot when you step in it after even a mildly hot day. Obviously ice melts in these conditions. I am not a scientist and I know this.

Even the conservatives in the U.K. believe in it.

If you don't, you either have a financial stake in the whole thing or are just ignorant, because the same could be said about the geocentric model that was proven wrong, or that the Earth is flat. Try convincing people that pop is healthy; you can't.

I can sense the wave of brainwashing next year.. .

11. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

So trump has started his crazy anti-social anti-environment protection and anti-peace campaign right now???
    Well, if anyone needs to be punished by climate change, Trump should be the first one.

12. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

It does, but the science has to be settled. It's not when it comes to the causes of global warming, cooling, climate change or whatever they are calling it this week. Just because Obama says it is doesn't mean it really is. There are plenty of well credentialed and eminent scientists that do not agree with the current "consensus" views on the subject.

I'm going to enjoy watching liberal/progressive/snowflake heads explode while he enacts his policies and fills positions.

13. Scepticalscribe, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Name one credible - I mean credible - scientist who disputes the existence of climate change.

And secondly: I get a sense of pretty skewed priorities from your post.

Which you you really prefer, the implementation of dangerously illiterate and uninformed policies or the pure self-indulgence of gracelessly gloating at liberal discomfort and discomfiture?

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Isn't energy efficiency good?

15. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Oh yeah, cause Obama is obviously my guidebook to everything. Plenty is a loose word. The consensus amongst the credible scientific world is that humans contribute to climate change through many means. The science is very simple. I take it you'd rather the world be destroyed while we 'settle the science' because taking any sort of action would be inconvenient to you or something.

I'll bet you enjoy the complete and utter disregard for any sort of minority group, or even women Trump will show, as its obvious thats the sort of thing that provides pleasure to people.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The premise of global warming is that it started right after the industrial revolution due to carbon emissions of humans. The solution is to tie all of our economies together and handicap ourselves relative to other countries like China, meanwhile redistributing wealth to poor nations. We are going to bring billions of people online and be below industrial revolution emission levels if only we do this.

It's funny that the solution to emitting carbon just happens to be what the liberals agenda was before climate change "started"

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sarah Plain for Interior Secretary being floated. Make it stop.

18. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

You snowflakes going to melt at every turn? If so it's going to get boring pretty quickly.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    Yes, but going full nut bag isn't good.

19. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Nothing compared to what Trump would have done had he not won. Hope he's gonna still demand recounts, I mean he said it himself, the election is rigged.

20. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

You guys are epic.

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Who is going full nut bag?

22. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Look around.

23. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Clearly those who believe in scientific consensus, rather than the highly educated climate expert Trump.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

At the cost of economically crippling regulations? Expensive energy bills? The last US lead smelter was forced to close because of EPA regulations. Lead, an item necessary for National Defense, now must be outsourced.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Which environmental regulations are crippling? And how is lead needed for defence?