Trump: President Barack Obama 'Is the Founder of ISIS'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Aug 10, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

I recall the rise of ISIS upon Obama's troop removal and Obama doing nothing as ISIS grew. After ISIS attained a level of notoriety, Obama shrugged them off as a JV team. ISIS continued to grow.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Seems off that Trump being a founder of so many businesses himself would confuse the definition of the word, which would be "a person who establishes an institution or settlement". Specially odd that ISIS organization and what they represented existed before Obama took office. But hey who needs facts, certainly not Trump.

4. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Troop removal happened with Bush era agreement.
    Obama tried but did not press to leave a US advisor contingent.
    Foundation of ISIS occurred in Syria, not Iraq.
    Chaotic nature in Syria made it very difficult to get weapons to "good guys"

Hindsight is 20/20, but had Obama sent weapons to Syria very good chance it would go directly to ISIS.

I have an astute long time Pakistani and long time US citizen friend and he said ISIS would have happened no matter what Obama, or Bush, did.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Obama and Hillary co-chair, I would say.

And don't worry about ISIS. According to Obama they are the "JV LEAGUE".

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

There's more to that story. Such as elective decision-making pursuant to any changes having taken place. And also military weighing in that it would be unwise to totally withdraw. Even Leon Panetta voiced disapproval.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/leon-panetta-criticizes-obama-for-iraq-withdrawal/

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

i don't think Obama should have undermined Assad the way he did. I also remember the pictures of parades of ISIS Toyota trucks all in a straight line. 1 A-10 could have taken out the whole mile long parade of them.

Our rules of engagement prevented us from taking them out early.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

9. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Can you name any period where terrorism didn't exist? It's been a persistent global problem. it's neither Bush nor Obama's fault that some people give in to their worst nature and take up terrorism. It grows under conditions beyond the control of any American president. I believe terrorism develops amongst groups who feel oppressed or unable to affect change through normal channels, and so they choose to exert their will through violence. How do you stop that from developing?

11. Robisan macrumors 6502

Obama has 55% approval, while 70% think Trump is an unsuitable dumbass. Keep humping that chicken Donny-boy.

12. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I was expecting a link to the Daily Star with the headline: 'Obama ate my hamster'.

13. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

In no way was I solely blaming Bush or Obama, but they have both contributed SIGNIFICANTLY to ISIS’ rise. They both helped to create and cause ISIS; they both helped to exacerbate terrorism problems.

14. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Donald Trump is the founder of the How to Run a Political Campaign like a Narcissistic Moron Institute.

15. 617aircav Suspended

I've said this before. His policies have facilitated the rise of Isis. Ghadaffis Libya had no Isis or beheadings. Trying to replace Assad by all means and supporting terrorist groups fighting Assad. It's a crazy foreign policy. The US armed the Mujhadeen and Taliban against the Russians. Fast forward those very same stinger missiles given to them have been used to shoot down American helicopters. You can never control jihadis in the long term.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm not sure Libya under Ghaddafi post Arab Spring would have been super stable...

17. FieldingMellish Suspended

Things were copacetic immediately before Obama's troop withdrawal.

Maliki started his favoritism.

Tempers flared.

The ISIS as we know it today was in its gestation stage, all but ignored by the American administration, because to commence counteracting it would be an admission that troops are needed right from where they were just removed from.

You can say that such hand-sitting by Obama from that point forward puts Obama in partial responsibility for all deaths by ISIS since then.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I thought I would have some pity the more desperate Trump gets but I must admit, I have none. The man is doing and has done irreparable damage to the US.

19. vrDrew, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016

vrDrew macrumors 65816

Many, many years ago, when I was taking a class in marketing, we had a guest lecture entitled "Don't send your best customer a coupon for a free meal at your failing restaurant"

I was reminded of that class upon hearing Donald Trump's revolting rhetoric. Because that is exactly what he's doing here.

Is blaming President Obama for the rise of ISIS likely to sway many undecided or wavering voters to switch their votes from Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump? Probably not.

Trump's disgusting libel is likely to amp up the enthusiasm amongst the mental defectives and closet racists who were already going to vote for him. But it's unlikely to change too many minds among the undecided.

Rather the opposite, in fact. But Donald Trump, billionaire (?) businessman obviously hasn't learned the first thing about marketing.

20. FieldingMellish Suspended

Trump alleged this, as reported by Fox News:

"Last week, his campaign tried to draw financial links between the Clinton Foundation and the terror group. Wednesday, he called Democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton the group's “co-founder.”

"Trump has long accused Obama and Clinton for pursuing Middle East policies that created a power vacuum in Iraq that was exploited by Islamic State."

"He had criticized Obama for announcing he would yank U.S. troops out of Iraq, which Obama critics believe created the instability in which extremist groups thrive."

From the linked report re: Funding:

"Meanwhile, the Trump campaign put out a statement late Monday alleging Clinton Foundation ties to a corporation “funding” ISIS."

"The campaign detailed financial contributions the Clinton Foundation received from a cement-making company called Lafarge.The same statement cited reporting in French media outlets that the company had entered deals with the Islamic State and other armed groups in Syria to protect its interests there."

“More than any major presidential nominee in modern history, Hillary Clinton is tied to brutal theocratic and Islamist regimes. Now we learn she has accepted money from a company linked to ISIS,” Trump senior policy adviser Stephen Miller said in a statement

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The more ******** that comes out of his mouth, the more I believe he's owned by Russian oligarchs, the only fools left in the world who will loan his highyl leveraged ass money.

22. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You see the thing about a Pathological Liar is they have lost all perception of true and falsehoods. From Trumps point of view he is not lying he is just unable to distinguish one from the other.

23. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

But that goes with what I said:

Bush had a negotiated total troop withdraw per wishes of Iraq (Malaki), even over objections of his advisors.

Obama made some effort to keep troops in Iraq, but they refused, he was not going to waste time arguing so he stuck with Bush's agreement.

90% of US leaving Iraq was Bush, and Americans had no desire to stay in a country that was mostly unwelcome to us staying there (not to mention the region considered US as invaders).

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

"The US should declare victory and leave." - Donald Trump to CNN in 2007.

Looks like Trump is the founder of ISIS.