Trump Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DrewDaHilp1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

@samcraig
    Here is the conference you were looking for.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Thanks - now feel a bit silly about that other thread LOL

3. DrewDaHilp1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It's good. This one has subtitles.:D

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Watching - he still plays the victim.

ETA: He called Comey a liar and said he would testify under oath. However - I will have to watch again because that whole line of questioning and answer seemed muddled because it sounded like Trump believes Comey said that Trump asked for a "pledge of allegiance" - which was not was Comey testified. Could just be word play.

Now - do we think Trump WILL actually testify UNDER OATH?

And the whole tapes things is smokescreen and mirrors.

5. DrewDaHilp1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I only caught a few minutes of it. Not enough to catch the gist of what it was about other than meeting with the President of Romania.

6. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

He probably would testify under oath, but that doesn't mean he'll be honest. You need not look further than the confirmation hearings of some of his own cabinet. He knows that a sitting President cannot be indicted in a criminal investigation so I take that with a grain of salt.

If he does end up testifying it'll either be one of two things. He'll be completely vindicated based on facts already known to the different investigative agencies or he'll go straight into political suicide and take the express train towards impeachment, and we all know the crazy stuff that comes out of Trump's mouth.

7. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

He may not have a choice but I am certain he will follow whatever his lawyers advise him to do.

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Sitting president can't, but a former president can be indicted. Executive immunity would not apply because that immunity only applies to personal liability whereas this would be a criminal matter, and also because lying under oath is not part of carrying out the duties as president.

The Federal statute of limitations for perjury is five years, plenty of time to bring charges after he's out.

But in Trump's mind, this challenge to testify under oath is a test of his manhood, and he won't back down no matter how idiotic it is.

I am certain Trump does not follow the advise of his lawyers. Source: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Clinton was being impeached for perjury. Trump could easily set himself up for the same situation if he testifies under oath.

10. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Til it comes time to testify, he wont be able to testify while under IRS audit.

11. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Just going to leave this here. Amazing how much gibble gabble someone can speak in their lifetime and the stuff you can find trawling through pages of video on YouTube.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Trump sounds strongest when he's in his liars groove. I listened to him use the same tone he used when he said Comey asked to have dinner with him, the same tone that the smug Liar thinks he can deny without jeopardy and somehow, if you can imagine, his reputation as a habitual liar will evaporate and his towering personality will shower bull **** all over those listening and they will remark how wonderful it smells. If there is a smidgen of divine providence, Trump will get his teat caught in a legal ringer at some point very soon. Standby...

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Trump is right.

14. Zenithal macrumors 68040

No, he's not. Plenty of people are of an ethnic background while not looking like what people believe they should look like.

Would you enjoy being treated in a certain way based simply on your natural hair color and pasty complexion? I recall you stating you're a red head/ginger. Would you enjoy being told you cannot do something or must do something a certain way because of your looks; something you can't control?

You could dye your hair, but it would akin to someone of dark skin having their skin bleached or someone light to tan enough to pass some test with.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

He's right about the mashantuckets in CT.

16. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Nope.

17. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

He will testify as soon as his people who look for Obama's papers in Hawaii come back to report.... and start looking for the three million fraudulent voters.

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Awwww, he had real hair!

19. Zenithal macrumors 68040

It's real now, too. Implants from the back of his head. Elon Musk has implants, too. Except Elon doesn't look ridiculous. When done right, as in Elon's case, implants are fantastic to have the hair you used to, with a normal hairline. I'm not sure what DJT was thinking. A decent haircut would solve many of his problems. I don't believe any man of his age range should have long hair like him unless they were a well known rock star.

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

21. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

How about Comey and Trump take lie detector tests to settle this?

Trump might break the machine.

22. MarkusL macrumors 6502

I'm all for releasing any tapes of the conversations between Trump and Comey, but let's hope they're not released until after Trump has already lied under oath.

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I highly doubt that tapes exist. For one, I've heard that the White House doesn't have a system in place for recording conversations. That leaves it up to trump to have some system/device of his own. And if he did personally tape the conversations, there's no way he wouldn't simply erase or destroy the evidence if it wasn't in his favor.

24. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Agreed. He has a big mouth & doesn't know when to ****
    --- Post Merged, Jun 10, 2017 ---
    Not sure since actually believes all the crap that comes out of his mouth

25. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag