Trump pulls ahead of Clinton in new national poll

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, May 19, 2016.

1. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Funny, because there was another national poll that just had Clinton up by more than 10%.

National polls are ****ing irrelevant six months before an election that isn't even decided by popular vote.

2. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Breath deeply... think safe space..lol.:D

3. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I only heed Nate Silver's predictions concerning Trump.

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Why? I don't give a **** which walking poster child for lobotomy wins at this point. Regardless of who wins, they will fail miserably and nothing will change.

Just pointing out that a national poll doesn't mean anything. This election will be decided in Florida, Ohio, and a few other swing states.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Oh goodie, a Fox poll that oversampled Republicans.

6. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

No greater truth has ever been spoken.

7. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Notice that the poll was of likely voters. Now that the election is near enough, polls can reliable survey likely voters, and they're going to be much more favorable to Trump than Clinton--as his huge crowds and her weak turnout proves.
    --- Post Merged, May 19, 2016 ---
    You don't link it, but I'd bet that poll is of registered voters, not likely voters.

8. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Ever thought of the possibility that not as many people want the kind of change that you and your boy Bernie want? ;)

9. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Yeah, god forbid we fix our failing roads and infrastructure or get money out of politics.

Let's just keep perpetuating the same failing system that has turned many of America's cities into borderline third-world over the last 50 years!

America is in a race to the bottom and when we hit there it's gonna hurt.

11. Robisan macrumors 6502

Ah yes, memories of Republican-weighted polls past...

[​IMG]

12. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Reality check from RCP
    rcp.jpg

13. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Does the word "trending" mean anything to you? Check the dates of the polls and the results as they approach the Fox and Rasmussen polls.

14. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Okay, using your logic then Clinton is "trending" past a 13 point lead over Trump. Glad you pointed this out, thanks!

15. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Now that's funny! If it makes you happy that she's trending in a downward direction, weirder things have happened I suppose.

16. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I'm just going to point out that tump has broken any past voting records in the past. I don't know if anyone is going to complain about the link but the numbers are right.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...tion-hillary-one-step-forward-two-steps-back/

With his win tonight in the State of Oregon along with previous victories throughout the country, Donald J. Trump broke George W. Bush’s record with the most votes won by any Republican Primary Candidate in party history.

George W. Bush won 10.8 million votes in the 2000 Republican primary. Donald Trump has won 11.1 million votes so far this year.

Trump is doing a lot better than your media would have you believe. Several states including california have not even held their primaries yet.

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

No argument here and I appreciate you citing the math. It's also worth noting that this is just within the Republican party, how that will play out with the rest of the country has yet to be seen. Polls at this stage of the race are notoriously close and will likely remain that way until election day, both campaigns will tell you this.

18. Toltepeceno, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016

Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

Funny how the us had roads and infrastructure even before taxes.

I think they way they are being spent is the problem, sanders would not be inventing roads and infrastructure. How would he fix those while he is trying to pay for free college and all the other things he promises? The roads and infrastructure would get even worse. That's what should be concentrated on, not freebies for the lazy. Pet projects ALWAYS get taken care of first and sanders' pet projects are not roads and infrastructure. In fact they would probably get worse under him than anyone else, you can only tax people so much. The lower 48% do not get taxed, except sales, and would be getting all of his benefits.

--- Post Merged, May 19, 2016 ---
    Polls are not trustworthy, true statistics are the way to go. I tend to think things are tilting toward Trump. Believe it or not there are a good number of sanders supporters that will vote for trump over clinton. I would never vote for clinton in any way, shape or form. I do not support the criminal politicians here in mexico either.

Obviously some cruz voters will not support trump but many will. Trump breaking the record makes me believe conservatives are turning out.

19. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

You been living under a rock?

[​IMG]

20. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Oh, I believe it. On Tuesday I posted a "congratulations to both with a 1 -1 tie, we're on the same side" and nothing more and Bernie supporters ripped me up and down.. lots of "fk you!!!!" "KKKillery" "Bernie or bust". Honestly, a majority Trump and Bernie supporters are very difficult to tell apart.

21. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I live in mexico, we do not use us dollars.

22. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Surprised you didn't receive death threats.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

To win Trump has to get women and minorities to tolerate him. I doubt that will happen.

Republicans, especially women, won't want to say they won't follow their party affiliation even if they end up staying home.

24. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

What does Bernie and US elections have to do with Mexico?