Trump Pulls Out of Virginia

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Not another sexual assault allegation. I mean the state.

Donald Trump's campaign is "pulling out of Virginia," a move that stunned staff in the battleground state, three sources with knowledge of the decision told NBC News.

The decision came from Trump's headquarters in New York and was announced on a conference call late Wednesday that left some Republican Party operatives in the state blindsided. Two staffers directly involved in the GOP's efforts in Virginia confirmed the decision.

The move to pull out of Virginia shows Trump is "running essentially a four state campaign," with the focus now shifting to battlegrounds critical to his chances in November: Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio, a source with knowledge of the decision told NBC News.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-s-campaign-pulling-out-virginia-n665541

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
I'll admit, that's weird. (Both his leaving a swing state and your stooping down to locker room level. :p )

Virginia has only 13 votes.
PA has 21, FL has 27. NC has 15. And land of Devo has 20.

Must be spending his money wisely to not bother with a piddling 13 or thinks it's too close a call and has chosen a different strategy.

But I'm only guessing. Either way, it's a fruitless endeavor.

Oh, I also see your sig line. "Attention Trump Supporters - The MSM says Election Day is 11/8 but Trump says it's 11/28. Don't be fooled by the MSM again. " Are you a Republican? They're the ones accused of misleading voters all the time, never Democrats...

Reactions: Gutwrench

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Oh, I also see your sig line. "Attention Trump Supporters - The MSM says Election Day is 11/8 but Trump says it's 11/28. Don't be fooled by the MSM again. " Are you a Republican? They're the ones accused of misleading voters all the time, never Democrats...
He's referencing the speech Trump made a couple days ago where he told his supporters to go out and vote on November 28th.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
As somebody who grew up in Virginia, and who cast their absentee ballot already, all I can say to Trump is 'don't let the door whomp your a$$ on the way out'. Just my two cents....

jerwin

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2015
Must be spending his money wisely to not bother with a piddling 13 or thinks it's too close a call and has chosen a different strategy.
The way recent elections have worked is that candidates come into this election with firm red or blue states-- states which would take a miracle to lose. The Democrats can expect to win California/ The Republicans can expect to win Texas. That leaves on the order of 100-150 electoral votes "in play", and success in those states determines the election. This is considered the best use of scarce resources. It tends to make the rest of the country feel a wee bit disenfranchised, but that's life.
However, according to fivethirtyeight, Clinton has a 90.5 percent chance of winning Virginia.

Conceivably, if Trump is to eke out a small victory, he needs Georgia, Arizona, Iowa, Ohio, North Carolina, Florida, Nevada, and Colorado, with perhaps Pennsylvania thrown in for good measure. Virginia is just too hard to flip compared to those other states.

Reactions: APlotdevice