Trump Pulls Out of Virginia

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 13, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not another sexual assault allegation. I mean the state.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-s-campaign-pulling-out-virginia-n665541

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I'll admit, that's weird. (Both his leaving a swing state and your stooping down to locker room level. :p )

Virginia has only 13 votes.
    PA has 21, FL has 27. NC has 15. And land of Devo has 20.

Must be spending his money wisely to not bother with a piddling 13 or thinks it's too close a call and has chosen a different strategy.

But I'm only guessing. Either way, it's a fruitless endeavor.

Oh, I also see your sig line. "Attention Trump Supporters - The MSM says Election Day is 11/8 but Trump says it's 11/28. Don't be fooled by the MSM again. " Are you a Republican? They're the ones accused of misleading voters all the time, never Democrats...

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

He's referencing the speech Trump made a couple days ago where he told his supporters to go out and vote on November 28th.

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

As somebody who grew up in Virginia, and who cast their absentee ballot already, all I can say to Trump is 'don't let the door whomp your a$$ on the way out'. Just my two cents....

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

He is pulling out because I doubt Virginia consented to him being in in the first place.

6. jerwin macrumors 65816

The way recent elections have worked is that candidates come into this election with firm red or blue states-- states which would take a miracle to lose. The Democrats can expect to win California/ The Republicans can expect to win Texas. That leaves on the order of 100-150 electoral votes "in play", and success in those states determines the election. This is considered the best use of scarce resources. It tends to make the rest of the country feel a wee bit disenfranchised, but that's life.
    However, according to fivethirtyeight, Clinton has a 90.5 percent chance of winning Virginia.

Conceivably, if Trump is to eke out a small victory, he needs Georgia, Arizona, Iowa, Ohio, North Carolina, Florida, Nevada, and Colorado, with perhaps Pennsylvania thrown in for good measure. Virginia is just too hard to flip compared to those other states.

7. Limey77 macrumors regular

And he knows it's the only way to stop her getting pregnant as he has the best sperm ever!

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

With everything in the news lately, my eyes initially did not see the word "Virginia" when I read the thread title.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Piddling? He needs every delegate he can get. Math is not in his favor. He seems to have no problem fighting for one delegate in a certain district in Maine.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Why did this thread remind me of that Train song? Now I can't get it out of my head.