Trump Pushing Sessions Out to Get Rid of Mueller

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Tapiture, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Tapiture macrumors 6502a

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/opinions/trump-targets-sessions-then-mueller-callan-opinion/

It's becoming more and more obvious that Trump is trying to get rid of Sessions and Rosenstein so he can presumably make a recess appointment and put minions in the top positions at the DOJ, getting rid of or blocking Mueller's investigation. This is some scary sh*t. What are we going to do if he is successful in stopping the investigation?

*Recess Appointment: A President is allowed to make an appointment of a federal officer during a senate recess without requiring the candidate to be confirmed by the senate. For example, Trump could appoint Rudy Giuliani as AG and he would be allowed to serve until 2019 without senate confirmation.

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It's quite shocking, really. Hiding in plain sight. You have to admit his brashness. He's literally trying to discredit or fire anyone who's tied to investigating him. Or, in the case of Sessions, get rid of those who can't aid him in making this go away. It's like an episode of 24 or something.

3. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

If he fires Sessions to get someone else to fire Mueller, that's a play by play Nixon tactic right there. Just when you think this man couldn't get any dumber, and let's not even mention Don Jr. Of course his base will cry that nothing is there and that there's no proof when he's getting rid of everyone left and right that's remotely close to the investigation itself. smh. I give Sessions till the end of the week if not Monday to be out of there. I guess this tends to happen when someone feels cornered and doesn't know who to trust anymore, even those loyal to him are not safe.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If McConnell had the balls, he would technically not let the senate go into recess which would block such a maneuver. But I am not sure McConnell has it in him.

5. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Does McConnell even care? Over the last year or two, I've been having more and more trouble trying to figure out what (if anything) McConnell actually believes in. Certainly, your party needs to secure power in order to accomplish anything. But with crass partisan moves like denying a hearing for Garland and using the nuclear option on Gorsuch, as well as backing the crazy, ever-shifting policies of Trump, I'm not really sure why he is in this job in the first place. I don't know if he cares enough about precedent in Washington, or about what's written in the constitution, to really worry about Trump trying to become dictator. If it enhances his power, I could see him going for it...

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'm not a Sessions fan by any means, but Trump, my God, the man (Sessions) was given legal advice from the Dept of Justice to recuse himself based on actual or perceived conflict of interest. He heeded this advice and Trump wants to fire him because of it??? Our waaa temper tantrum, be loyal to me, **** legalities POTUS. :oops::mad:

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Who would want the job if Sessions is fired. Trump is having a hard enough time as it is filing positions.

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

If I were Sessions I'd walk out. Head to the first camera and announce my resignation. Then proceed to destroy Trump and his dictatorial tactics and caution everyone in his cabinet to GTFO as fast as possible. Anyone who fathoms taking a role in this administration (esp AG) should undergo psychological evaluations in the face of this 3-ring circus.

The fact that Sessions is sitting there silent taking all of this, makes him look weak. It makes him look like a bigger vagina than the one that peaked the camera when I was watching "My 600lb life".

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Sessions is just as dictatorial if not more so than Trump.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

It really shows.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This is why I don't see Sessions resigning. He wants to push his anti-drug pro-prison agenda.

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

He cracked down on pill mills, not a horrible thing. Point is these attacks are personal and character attacks, eventually the mans pride has kick in (if he has any).

13. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

You know damn well Chris Christie is salivating at this.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Personal agenda outweighs personal pride. Power is almighty.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 26, 2017 ---
    He salivates every time someone mentions food.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

Rudy G. But even Rudy (at least now) says Sessions did the right thing.

If Trump believes he is innocent - then as annoying as the investigation is - he would not be trying to stop it - but rather speed it along.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Is there another President in our life time who besides can't attract qualified help has the combination worst hiring and firing record ever? And consequently has the most unstable White House, composed of a stable of liars. The man is incompetent, his inability to attract qualified people, his expectations of personal loyalty over the law and job description of important positions, and firing the way he does, often lieing about the reason why and then admitting he lied when his reasoning doesn't hold water. He is clearly a con man out of his ideal element. :oops::mad:

17. samcraig macrumors P6

18. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

In related news, Graham is writing a bill to prevent Trump from firing Mueller.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ill-to-stop-trump-from-firing-special-counsel

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Awesome. I was hoping some new rules and laws would come in the wake of a Trump administration and it looks like we are starting to see that! Things definitely need tightening up.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And then held it up proudly showing that he signed it. Like a little child showing his homework to mommy and daddy. :D

23. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Good, kill two birds with one stone. Traitors out.

24. Tapiture thread starter macrumors 6502a

I really hope Graham’s bill is passed. Trump could try and veto it but they’d probably have the votes to override him. That’s why he won’t veto the Russian sanctions bill, because he’d just be overridden anyway.

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

We shall see. He's a pretty arrogant guy. He might want to use the experience to tell his supporters how awful establishment republicans are being to him and that they need to reelect him as he is the only one that can get things done and drain the swamp. I wouldn't put it past him. Everything is a political opportunity to him.