Trump Rages At Fox News, Says It's Now Worse Than 'Fake News CNN'

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-fox-news-worse-than-cnn-031019231.html
Trump Rages At Fox News, Says It's Now Worse Than 'Fake News CNN'

Trump Lashes Out At Fox News — Again

President Donald Trump lit into his once-favorite network on Sunday, saying Fox News is now even “worse” than his longtime bête noire, CNN.

Trump said the network “forgot the people who got them there.” He griped Fox News was “loading up with Democrats” and complained it was citing The New York Times as “a ‘source’ of information,” an apparent reference to the newspaper’s Sunday article about disease, hunger and overcrowding at a Texas center holding migrant children.
ALL U.S MEDIA IS CRAP.............. yes it is.

Reactions: theapplehead

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Which isn't really the issue raised. It's that Fox News "is NOW worse than...". Meaning now that Fox News has been having democrats on, been occasionally critical, and more, they are doing things which 45 doesn't care for, which makes them fake. Which is NOT the literal definition of 'fake news', but the made up version he and his supporters use.

Which of course is laughable.

statik13

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
hmmm, odd timing for him. As much as he claims to hate media, I'm sure Fox has a lot of influence on his voters.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
It's not the job of the press to "remember who got them there". It's to report accurate information, something Trump knows very little about.

Reactions: jerwin

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Wrong! Just another one of your equivalence arguments that simplifies your life. ;) Some is crap and some is great. The difference is adherence to the truth, relative partisanship, and basic humanity or lack there of.

Now Trump, he trashes anyone who is not obedient and subservient, especially if they question his basic competence, motives, and humanity.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Wrong! Just another one of your equivalence arguments that simplifies your life. ;) Some is crap and some is great. The difference is adherence to the truth, relative partisanship, and basic humanity or lack there of.

Now Trump, he trashes anyone who is not obedient and subservient.
No, @jkcerda is correct in a board sense.

As commented:
When the primary concern is selling ads, rather then "printing" the truth........
Accuracy and precision of new reporting is compromised by headline grabbing lines and severe time/space constraints to get the income generating article out.

What most often happens is reporters do not know technical details and do not have time to get the information correct. Some of the most famous reporting screw-ups was because the technical description was completely wrong.
Aircraft incidents tend to have about a 50% fail rate on accurate reporting and especially over hyped sensationalism. "Airplane makes emergency landing because of brake problem, news at 10!!!"
60 years ago it was common for aircraft to have an engine failure in flight, but that almost never was on TV news.

The difference is Fake, that is deliberate and known to be false data (alternate facts. what is alternate about fact??).
Opinion is not "Fake news", its just someones biased opinion.

So, yes, Jkcerda is right, because of the almighty capitalistic $$$

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
No, Jkcerda is correct in a board sense.

As commented:

Accuracy and precision of new reporting is compromised by headline grabbing lines and severe time/space constraints to get the income generating article out.

What most often happens is reporters do not know technical details and do not have time to get the information correct. Some of the most famous reporting screw-ups was because the technical description was completely wrong.
Aircraft incidents tend to have about a 50% fail rate on accurate reporting and especially over hyped sensationalism. "Airplane makes emergency landing because of brake problem, news at 10!!!"
60 years ago it was common for aircraft to have an engine failure in flight, but that almost never was on TV news.

The difference is Fake, that is deliberate and known to be false data (alternate facts. what is alternate about fact??).

I never said the News was infallible, but I’m sorry I just can’t agree that all US news reporting is crap. If that is the case we as citizens have zero to go on. You certainly don’t want to rely solely on Government pronouncements.

DearthnVader

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2015
Red Springs, NC
It's the people watching that don't know how to separate opinion from fact, and media on both the left and right tend to seize on that because people want to believe what they already think is true.

People want to be reassured that their world view is accurate, they don't want the factual news, they want an eco chamber.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
Yes, it is and exploitive too!
[doublepost=1562773200][/doublepost]

As commented:

Yes and if there ever was a news service which reported strictly on news programs and anchor men/woman including they’re families and all the dirty laundry these reporters would have a fit...the mainstream press is hypocritical and contradicting and exploits the general public like parasites.
[doublepost=1562773266][/doublepost]
I never said the News was infallible, but I’m sorry I just can’t agree that all US news reporting is crap. If that is the case we as citizens have zero to go on. You certainly don’t want to rely solely on Government pronouncements.
the mainstream press is not supposed to give opinions but news only.

Last edited:

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017

As commented:

it’s not just the dollar but to divide friends, family and acquaintances through political agendas.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yes, it is and exploitive too!
[doublepost=1562773200][/doublepost]
Yes and if there ever was a news service which reported strictly on news programs and anchor men/woman including they’re families and all the dirty laundry these reporters would have a fit...the mainstream press is hypocritical and contradicting and exploits the general public like parasites.
[doublepost=1562773266][/doublepost]
the mainstream press is not supposed to give opinions but news only.
Who Says? First off humans are humans who all possess opinions and points of view. There is no such thing as a completely neutral press. And as far as I know, as a mouth piece to the public, the news has always had editorial boards who express opinions. Yes, those should be kept separate from new reports themselves. In something like USA Today you see them expressed specifically like that.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
Who Says? First off humans are humans who all possess opinions and points of view. There is no such thing as a completely neutral press. And as far as I know, as a mouth piece to the public, the news has always had editorial boards who express opinions. Yes, those should be kept separate from new reports themselves. In something like USA Today you see them expressed specifically like that.
It’s was unethical for news to provide a predisposition or opinion on anything or persuade the public in anyway.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

Now Trump, he trashes anyone who is not obedient and subservient, especially if they question his basic competence, motives, and humanity.
of course it simplifies my life, trust NO ONE.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It’s was unethical for news to provide a predisposition or opinion on anything or persuade the public in anyway.
What do you think leaders do? Many of them, with noticeable exceptions were elected because their opinion was respected and voiced. Some news outlets are respected as being reliable sources of the truth.

ThisBougieLife

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2016
SF Bay Area, California
Which isn't really the issue raised. It's that Fox News "is NOW worse than...". Meaning now that Fox News has been having democrats on, been occasionally critical, and more, they are doing things which 45 doesn't care for, which makes them fake. Which is NOT the literal definition of 'fake news', but the made up version he and his supporters use.

Which of course is laughable.
Yep. The news can be as biased and opinionated as it likes as long as those biases and opinions agree with my own. That seems to be the attitude of many Americans.

Reactions: JagdTiger

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
What do you think leaders do? Many of them, with noticeable exceptions were elected because they opinion was respected an voiced. Some news outlets are respected as being reliable sources of the truth.
Yes but leaders are not the news.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Yep. The news can be as biased and opinionated as it likes as long as those biases and opinions agree with my own. That seems to be the attitude of many Americans.
Just to be more factual, that should be...
Yep. The news can be as biased and opinionated as it likes as long as those biases and opinions agree with my own. That seems to be the attitude of many.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Low educated (even if go to college) would say: "News is crap"
Best educated (even if not have HS diploma) would say: "News is fallible"
common denominator: news makes mistakes.
Opinion: too many mistakes.

Let me add: I do not disbelieve the good news sites, but have to be cautious/critical about what they say.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California

Let me add: I do not disbelieve the good news sites, but have to be cautious/critical about what they say.
I'm a bigger fan of the metrics used to judge news sources.

News that reports news one doesn't like, makes ONE mistake: "SEE ALL NEWS IS FAKE!!"

News that reports news one likes, makes ONE mistake: "Yeah, but whatabout..."

Favorite politician tells UMPTEENTH falsehood they believe: "SEE ALL NEWS IS FAKE!!"

Reactions: PrincePoppycock

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

I’ll look in the direction of Trump and say as an example I am not applying to you :), if what he says is all we have to base an appraisal of what is happening in the country today, we are in very deep ****. The Washington Post and NY Times have been very diligent and accurate with their reporting directed Supreme Leader. I have seen no reason so far to doubt their reporting.
This is the epitome of why we need a free and independent press, but not saying we have that exactly. It could improve, but, everything is run by human beings, so you can see the challenge. :) At least those two entities are there to counter Pravda West (Fox). Looking at Trump’s base, nobody in their right minds or maybe just the the gullible, insecure, end justifies the means MAGA types would go with the World and Word according to Trump.