Trump recently accepted 'a relationship with Christ', Expect Him to Sue Him Soon

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jun 27, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Let's lie to our religious base, yeah, that's the ticket.

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Till I see a halo or God coming down and recommending him I will call this bull. He would have to change dramatically to prove it.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

This summer's debates are going to get very high ratings.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Somehow I don't think lawsuits will ensue here. Maybe something more along this line.

LightningBolt.jpg

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Religious people are used to being lied to, I think it turns them on or something. This is a winning strategy.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah, a winning strategy for the other side. Trump's made such a mess of his potential electorate in November that even if every evangelical turned out for him in the fall, he'd still lose this election in spectacular fashion. I am not sure why he's bothering to run a gig of snuggling up to evangelical Christians at this point. He's likely a default pick for the religious right since they don't like the drift of social policy under Obama, Clinton represents a continuation of that, and a vote for Gary Johnson is... a vote for Clinton. But even their entirety the evangelicals are not enough to put Trump in the White House.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Ernie Chambers tried and failed. I don't see Trump doing any better, unless he's going to try harder and fail harder.

BL.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Trump's personality is not geared to losing well, and so far he always seems to try to dress up a fumble as something the media cooked up to try to discredit him.

But losing 50 states in a general election would be hard to brush off as a product of slanted media coverage, especially since there are so many Republican politicians already openly critical of his temperament, stance on issues, failure to raise funds well and the tenor of his campaign so far.

"Does not play well with others..." bodes poorly for the GOP's down-ballot races this fall.

So I keep thinking Trump's going to bow out any day now while he can still dress up his departure in a way that makes him look like a champ instead of a loser. If not, well... the RNC must wonder every day what to do later this summer if it turns out he can't take the heat of the general campaign.

10. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah he does love to file lawsuits, doesn't he. I don't think he can sue the USA. Election law details are state by state. He could try to sue his own party, its national committee or assorted state committees, over delegate issues I guess. But political parties are free to make their own rules for their conventions, which is where he's most vulnerable right now to getting tossed off the ballot if someone in the GOP finally comes up with a way to install an alternative nominee that the convention delegates approve. In many states, delegates are only bound to their candidate pledges (via the primary election results) on a first balloting in the convention.

If he gets the presumed nomination confirmed and then loses in November: He could try to sue for refusal to recount if he loses this or that state in by some popular margin not quite small enough for automatic recount and so sues alleging fraud etc. If he has lost the overall general election by a huge margin, there would not be much point to filing suits like that, but he might not be bound by such logic, who knows. He'd be using his own money, if he has any left over. It's not like his fundraising is going very well, at least so far.

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

When he loses, he will spend the rest of his life talking about how corrupt Hillary stole the election. He will say he has investigators working on it and believe me! They are finding some incredible stuff!

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

We're still waiting on his and Joe Arpaio's proof (and Arpaio's research, including flights, on the taxpayer's dime) that Obama is a Muslim, not a natural-born citizen, and born in Kenya.

BL.

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

There can be only one Statue of Liberty.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Well, it certainly isn't the statue looking up and saying "I am She-Ra!!!"

BL.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Only one Donald, too, he'd hasten to remind us.

But:

Exactly.

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Donald should probably avoid taking cues from Highlander seeing as things didn't go well for his doppelganger.

Blah. I didn't mind a female protagonist, but they did a terrible job on her opponents.

18. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Quoted from tweet, "Christ is such a looser, let himself be crucified" DT
    :eek:

19. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

"I like people who WEREN'T crucified"

20. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

How do we really know that Hillary Clinton is a natural-born citizen? Besides, all of her great-great::great-grandparents were immigrants.

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah I think Trump hasn't quite gone there yet, but he's made (absurd) remarks to the effect we don't know much about Clinton's relationship to Christianity, something about "there's not much out there." I remember laughing and thinking oh great here we go, next he'll suggest she's a closet atheist and start carrying on about how terrible that is, and there goes one of his last remaining potential clusters of demographic support, the actual atheists who were anti-Trump until he shook out his bag of insults that day. Too swamped right now to find the quote that caught my eye on that, but I'll put it up later here if I can locate it after lunch.

22. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Have trump prove his father isn't an orangutan

23. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I generally try to resist personal attacks. What a person chooses to believe is fine as long as they keep it to themselves, and accept that others have that right too (especially if it's a different view). However, I am highly sceptical about this 'relationship with Christ', and the timing. If it's genuine; ok, let's hope he takes to heart the lessons of kindness, charity and compassion. If it's not, the religious base he's pandering too should be appalled.

Oh so many to choose from too, but I think this applies:

24. HEK, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Nothing wrong with atheists. Christians are atheists when it comes to Zeus, Thor, Mohamid, Budda, The great ZuZu on the mountain, and thousands more gods. Atheists just take it one god further. Besides the majority of atheists are quite tolerant as long as the "believers" don't push their beliefs in schools and business settings. Keep your belief's to yourself.

That's why people came to the new world. To escape religious zealots. This country was founded on religious freedom, which includes freedom from religion. It amazes me how religion has creeped into so much of our government. Founding fathers were very adamant that religion have no place in government. That was a private concern everyone could practice as they saw fit. But not encroach, or impose their beliefs on their neighbors.

Easily 25-35% at minimum of population are atheists, yet congress has not a one that claims to be. If anything, religion, any religion has corrupted the premise that government should be free of promoting any religion. It's time for atheists to loudly proclaim equal time and representation. Representatives should stop pandering to religious groups. You could easily have a huge non religious voting block behind you.

25. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Here is a brief article about Trump and Christianity that invokes Bruce Barton and Muscular Christianity.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/the-trump-nobody-knows/486251/