Trump releases financial disclosures

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zin, Jun 17, 2017.

1. zin macrumors 6502

https://oge.app.box.com/s/kz4qvbdsbcfrzq16msuo4zmth6rerh1c

It's odd that this story didn't garner very much interest. This was a voluntary disclosure but does not seem to have been picked up on very much by the MSM or people on this forum. It seems people are more interested in narrative than fact.

Re: the disclosure. Haven't found any Russian loans / assets / income yet, but I'll keep looking!

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It's for 2016-17.

Any information regarding Russian ties would be found in previous tax returns.

Let us know when he release those.

3. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

Already has done so during the campaign. He filed disclosures with the FEC that listed the same information before he assumed office.

Furthermore, his liabilities are unchanged. Still no Russian monies owed.

But that is only proof that there is something he is hiding and we must continue to look for it.

4. Rigby macrumors 601

I think publishing the tax returns would be much more relevant for identifying conflicts of interest. For the Russia investigation, Mueller can probably subpoena them anyway if there is reason to believe they could help in the investigation (the Senate investigation has already requested and received financial records from the Treasury Department).

The new financial disclosure doesn't help much with conflicts of interest, since they don't disclose business partners (e.g. you wouldn't be able to see the quarter million dollars Saudi Arabia spent in Trump's DC hotel, or if some foreign person paid an inflated price purchasing a Trump property).

5. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

A tax return wouldn't show that either. FYI the disclosures do state transactions of Trump assets, but he did not sign any during the past year.

The profits derived from the Saudi spending at the Trump Hotel will also be donated to the U.S. Treasury.

6. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

Trump did not release those documents. The Ethics Office did. I'm pretty sure he'd much rather have had nothing released. Especially records that show his indebtedness.

7. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

He likely spend quite some time making sure everything looked good, after all the backslash he got in 2015/2016, so this is pretty much non-interesting news.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Look harder. He owes money to Deutsche Bank. A bank that has been fined for laundering money of...wait for it......Russian oligarchs.

Oh wow, yet another coincidence, right? Sure are a lot of those these days. The Trump and Russian worlds crisscross an awful lot for someone who has no business interest in Russia (other than a beauty pageant held there).

9. Rigby macrumors 601

Such transactions would likely be hidden under the income from his numerous LLCs, which is not detailed in the financial disclosure, but would probably be part of his tax return (when filed as a disregarded entity).
    I'll believe it when I see it. Trump has lied about donations in the past.

Another thing which we could see only from the tax returns is to what extent he benefits from tax reforms that he pushes.

10. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

I find it ironic that during Jeff Sessions inquiry, he kept referring to long standing traditions and policy regarding procedure and how Washington and state departments work as reasons for not answering questions, yet Trump refuses to follow long standing traditions and policy on just about everything, and claims he does not have to follow long standing traditions as reasons for not answering questions or providing information. So confusing.

11. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

Deutsche Bank has millions of customers. What you provided to support your assertion that Trump was a customer involved in Russian money laundering was a transcript of a Rachel Maddow show that details a single transaction of property to a single individual in 2008.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2017 ---
    The financial disclosure literally lists every single one of the LLC's he is registered under, together with income derived from them.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

None of this really matters. Investigations are in progress. They will determine trump's fate ... not this financial disclosure.

13. darksithpro macrumors regular

That's why the MSM is not talking about it. If it did have links to Russia CNN and NBC would be huffing and puffing with all their experts right about now.

Uh, oh! Concrete proof right there! BETTER GET THE MSM to cover this obvious conspiracy 24/7 until an independent investigation is formed!

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Individual? Well, that sure was a nice way to sugarcoat it. The individual in question was a Russian oligarch. Laundering his money through Donald J Trump's property.

And who happened to have his plane parked in the same cities as Trump was campaigning..multiple times. Even at the same airport in North Carolina. The same airport at the same time. You know..it's so common for Russian oligarchs to visit North Carolina of all places. Hmmm...

Again, what a coincidence!

Reading that post makes me glad some people aren't in any police or investigative type of work. Some of you wouldn't want to look into anything ever I don't think. :rolleyes:

15. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, but you cannot just point to a single transaction and claim it's money laundering because there's a Russian involved. Trump bought the property as a result of a bankrupt estate. He sold it for profit years later after it was listed for sale at almost 50% more than the final sell price. Donald Trump has publicly commented on the deal, even before he ran for president.

The property in question was demolished, sectioned, is pending sale, and the investment manager for the Russian in question has stated he expects to make a sizeable return on the original deal (part of the allotment has already sold for half of the original price paid for the entire property).

You should work for InfoWars.

In the police, you go into an investigation with an open mind and go where the evidence takes you. You have already decided a transaction constituted money laundering before even inspecting the details of said transaction, based on the reporting of a looney MSNBC reporter.

16. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

That's what you'll look like ;)

[​IMG]

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's not why I call it money laundering. I call it that because that's what it was.

Even your own response to me points in that direction. The property set around in disrepair for years and then all of a sudden a Russian oligarch comes in and pays more than it was worth. Why? So he could shelter money in American assets.

Rachel Maddow is not looney and the Trump supporters here wouldn't even want an investigation at all, much less follow where evidence leads.

Don't see. Don't hear. Don't talk about it. Don't even ever look into anything.

IMG_3491.JPG

18. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

They were submitted voluntarily and certified by the Ethics Office.

19. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

[​IMG]

20. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems you didn't read my post describing what happened and instead prefer to believe what you wished to have happened.

21. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Such a constant drumbeat attacking the media, in footstep with Trump's "fake news" nonsense.

I did a Google search "Trump releases financial disclosure" within the past week and it lists stories by: cbsnews.com, latimes.com, politico.com, time.com, money.cnn.com and washingtonpost.com on the first page. I searched nbcnews.com and the story is there. I'm sure if I went on I would find the story reported by every major news organization.

So it looks like the story was picked up "very much" by the MSM (Main Stream Media).

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I know what happened. You apparently....don't. Again hear nothing see nothing and don't talk about it. Instead explain it all away. Over and over and over and over again. It's a magical coincidence each and every time.

23. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

If this release had evidence that Trump has a loan from a Russian bank, it'd be splattered all over the front page of CNN and you know it.

The fact there's nothing there (and also nothing there in the FEC disclosures before he assumed office), despite the MSM begging for more information, relegates it to a minuscule sub-story headline, it seems.
    If you know what happened provide the evidence. Your 'evidence' is that a Russian billionaire simply bought the property and now stands to yield a big profit margin after the new allotments have sold.

This is a textbook definition of Trump derangement syndrome.

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Um ... okay?

I don't really know what that's supposed to do for you ... at this point everybody is waiting until they are completed. If you think that a month into an investigation is a long time, then you are simply inexperienced or unfamiliar with the process.

It takes a little time.

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Stop whitewashing this. First you suggested it was merely an individual who bought it rather than a Russian oligarch, now you are suggesting that a Russian "simply bought the property". Un huh. Sure comrade.

No, what happened is he bought it to shelter his money from divorce proceedings.

Oh, and did I mention this wasn't the first time?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/caroli...lot-to-hide-his-money-says-wife/#7a60c35d13b2

Your ad hominem attack is noted. I'm not deranged comrade.