Trump Removes Claim He’ll Ban Muslims Entering US from His Website

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zedcars, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Zedcars macrumors 6502

Zedcars

And so the u-turns begin. Soon he'll get dizzy and fall down from all the about turns...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21576...-than-24-hours-after-being-elected-president/

Such a stupid idea in the first place, let alone dangerously stirring racial hatred and intolerance. I feel sorry for you if you actually believed this was in any way achievable, sensible, or would increase the safety of US citizens. I wonder how many more of his crazy headline grabbing ideas will turn out to be outright lies.

2. zin Suspended

3. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

We're in the news cycle of low info voters discovering what the president elect is about. The stories and social media posts I've seen the last 2 days are laughable as they are scratching their heads thinking "this isn't what I was told".

4. Zedcars thread starter macrumors 6502

Zedcars

Could be just a glitch. You have to ask yourself why it was removed and put back. Was it some technical error or a foreshadowing of a genuine u-turn decision that isn't quite ready to be formally admitted. Only time will tell.

I'd be amazed and horrified if we see any of his bat-s***-crazy ideas turned into reality.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

A campaign idea that didn't make it. Governing is a lot different, anyone who's taken political science 101 knows that. Is Gitmo closed yet?

6. NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

According it was removed then it returned.

'Make Amerika Hate Again' is still the plan apparently.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Let the Roll Back's begin, and Trumpets please don't lose it. :)

8. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

The left should be praising Trump's tune changing most of which so far has been for the better.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Muslims are entering the U.S. from Trump's website? President Trump should ban that.

Build a firewall and make Assad pay for it.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump year one, sponsored by Walmart.

11. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

If he does nothing but sit on a couch, eating potato chips, the next 4 years will still be better than the last 8.

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Wal-Mart counts on inexpensive goods imported from China and other low-wage Asian countries. I have a feeling that more than a few executives from Bentonville will be buzzing in the ear of the Trump people before they start too many trade wars.

Alway The Low Price loses a bit of its appeal when the price of everything in the store jumps ~20% because of Donald Trump's bad ideas about trade and economics.

13. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Walmart has been under scrutiny for years for negatively affecting local economy. Everything from forcing smaller shops out of business to low wages, discrimination and lousy benefits. Why would Trump listen to them?

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Neither was "Hope and Change," but that didn't stop Righties from repeating that for the last eight years.

Now it's your turn to deal with it.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    Two days after losing an election based on outlandish promises and you expect us to start singing praises over it? :confused:

15. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

The Trump election promise flip-flops will make the Trumpsters feel betrayed. :D

He cares about his ego and his brand, and now he'll care about his "legacy" as the 45th President. And if that means having to cozy up to China, Iran, and all the globalist powers in Europe, and doing bipartisan compromise with the Democrats, and breaking 90% of his campaign promises, then that's exactly what he'll do.

16. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Hopefully he locks down the borders from ANYONE entering from the middle east and country's we're at war with.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

God I'd love to see him try to do that. [Schadenfreude]

That would take monumentally immoral acts, and watching Trump try to pull them off sounds almost too entertaining to miss.

18. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

He'll stick with his words...so far he has been..even before he pledged in.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Gee I spent all day getting to the acceptance point with our new President-elect, and now I pick up my news briefings and read stuff about Trump's transition team advisors and... then about Trump's pledge to erase by executive order whatever he can of Obama's policies in areas like regulation of environment and banking... so... I might not be in exactly the same place on acceptance that I had managed to find about six hours ago.

Well the great thing about everything being one day at a time is when you get tired of the day and it's almost midnight anyway... you can decide to call it what it's been (censored) and wrap it up! G'night!

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I think it sounds wonderfully entertaining.

A cabinet of Palin, Gingrich, Giuliani, Carson, and Christie?

Oh, the hours of fun that will provide!

21. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Because he does not care about the local economy being negatively impacted?

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

They're not gonna do that because it would make sense.

23. 5684697 Suspended

You can thank Obama's arrogance in bypassing Congress and using Executive Orders to subvert Congress. He made it very easy to undo his agenda, thinking that the next president would be a Democrat.

Think only three times in US history has there been a third term of one party. FDR obviously, was the king. Obama should have known.

The Iran Nuclear Deal should have been a Senate Ratified Treaty. Instead, it was done without consent, and will likely be rolled back to some degree.

Karma is a...

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

We're not gonna do that because,,,, not very inclusive sets of advisors for his transition team. There are some real extremists on there. He has to lead and help govern all of the country, not just the segments he likes or wants to like him. He needs to moderate this crew somewhat before getting too far down the road or he's building a bubble that can't even count enough votes in his own party in Congress. I'm sure McConnell or someone will point this out to him fairly soon. If someone else doesn't. Like.. us.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    You have the subversion thing a little backwards. Congress subverted the will of half the American people by dragging heels on plenty of Obama's legislative proposals. And seriously did we ask for 60-odd resolution to repeal ACA? We didn't want it repealed, we wanted it fixed. But no. And no, no, no, no... and did we want the government shut down over a debt ceiling jack that was required since we already spent the money? No, but...

But hey, this time, you got the helm and the congress too, so go ahead. The American people will judge the results in 2018. No excuses. Do it, own it. Ask for input only if you want it.

Free advice: I would say don't mess with the Iran Nuclear Deal. Just say thanks that it has been made. But it could be up to Mr. Trump. I hope he doesn't mess it up, since I'm a loyal American member of the opposition party and because ****ing up that deal could mean the end of a lot of things, party membership being the least of our concerns.

Karma is all of that and then some. I hope the USA doesn't get everything it deserves all at once, we might mistake it for that meteor some of us wanted to elect.

25. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Should the only focus of US foreign policy be to spite Obama, or should it also target other goals? The question has been asked over and over in this forum: What does the US stand to gain from backing out of the deal with Iran?