Trump reportedly heading to Mar-a-Lago for third straight weekend, obliterating campaign promise

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mudslag, Feb 13, 2017.

1. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mar...-house-broken-promise-14f6d5d609ef#.1ituj6bva

LOL, of course "the people" being the super rich who can afford a $200k initiation fee to a golf club.

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

So is he supposed to work 24/7??????
    Your heads are already spinning :D

3. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

He spends too much time in Mar-a-lago, people give him a hard time.

He treats the presidency as a job and actually starts creating policies that he promised on the campaign trail, people give him a hard time.

???

People need to pick one.

4. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Mar A Lago looks like a kitsch Mcmansion before the term was coined. It's made to look like an old world estate but it looks tacky and dated. FWIW, I've held this view long before Trump bought the place.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't care if the president wants to take vacations, it is a stressful job. That said it is very hypocritical for Trump to be taking this many vacations given his criticism on Obama for golfing too much.

6. SusanK macrumors 68000

7. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

Not saying I disagree.

But I gotta say -- wowza. I don't think Obama was criticized in eight years the amount that Trump has been criticized in three weeks. I'd be STRESSED if I were in President Trump's shoes. :oops:

I actually just watched a sound bite of Obama from 2014 in which Obama said that illegal aliens have broken the law and need to be deported. Now Trump says the same thing and people march the streets. :confused:

8. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

It's ok when democrats say it

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah, what is missed here is they are referring to the Florida property as "the winter White House". Thus he is still in the White House on a technicality. The question that remains though, is why winter is only on weekends? That's strange. Must be climate change. :D

10. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Not only did he break that promise, he obliterated it!

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Stop trying to make Winter White House happen, Trump - it's never going to happen ;)

I agree with Mark Cuban. I prefer he vacation or tweet vs trying to govern :)

12. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

Oh, always. Always.

13. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

possibly because Obama wasn't a complete piece of ****

14. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Indefinite detention w/o trial signed into law by him
    Spent entire administration at war entering new conflicts
    AAcredit rating
    Deported more than bush
    Extended patriot act & NSA spying
    DRs w/o borders bombed
    Armed Syrian rebels.

But hey if you like him ......

15. samcraig macrumors P6

I think it's sad that any time someone criticizes the CURRENT President, the reaction is to immediate go to a "but but Obama" or other deflections. It would be refreshing to see in one thread where the topic at hand is discussed based on the actions/reactions to the subject matter. Sometimes it's like reading KellyAnne Conway trying to pivot away from discussing the actual issue.

This isn't about Obama or any vacations he took or didn't. Trump is on his way at his current pace to spend more time out of the White House than in it.

16. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Try reading post 13......I already liked post 5. If trump criticized Obama for vacations and is taking a few then he's a hipocrite

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Did you ignore the Tea Party?

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/16/local/me-tea-party16

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-...racist-backlash-greets-president-barack-obama

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27738018/...ction-spurs-race-threats-crimes/#.WKJ-3TsxXzI

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/u...t-university-of-mississippi-turns-unruly.html

https://www.facingsouth.org/2008/11...-continues-sparking-concerns-of-violence.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ive-backlash-begins-against-Barack-Obama.html

Do I need to go on? Trump has been getting similar treatment to what Obama got at his election, and unlike Obama supporters in '08 and 2012 Trump's supporters don't seem to be having hate crimes directed against them.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

I have - I don't see why threads have to devolve into the same/similar comments. :)

Trump isn't Obama. Apples and ORANGES.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 13, 2017 ---
    If Trump can't handle criticism then he shouldn't be President.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's all they've got. They can't defend the record of someone who said he would drain the swamp and instead filled it up. They can't defend someone spending taxpayer dollars to travel to Florida every weekend, when he said he would save money and almost never leave the White House. (Not to mention the amount of money spent guarding the First Lady at Trump Tower....literally three times the expense at three locations over the expense other Presidents have had). They can't defend against all the lies when they accused Hillary of lying. So, they must deflect onto anyone and everyone else they can. Bu-but Hillary. Bu-but Obama. Bu-but Bush. Bu-but Biden. Anyone but the guy in question.

Hey guys, how about you just admit that your guy is disappointing you and wasting money? :D

20. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Gary J was a disappointment and waste of money. There I said it :D

21. samcraig macrumors P6

And vote ;) Sorry J

22. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Voting FOR someone is far better than voting against someone....

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Depends on who you're voting against.

24. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Supporting/endorsing/ voting for Hitler to stop Stalin is how we ended up with trump. Congrats

25. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I didn't realize a weekend at place you own (home) is considered a vacation.