Trump retweets image of train running over CNN

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Aug 15, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017

jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Yeah, that's right. Just days after a driver ran down pedestrians in Charlottesville, Trump re-tweeted an image of a man with a CNN logo for a head being run down by a train. Stay classy, Donald.

[​IMG]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ing-over-cnn-reporter/?utm_term=.b03878d1b450

EDIT: Seems Trump is having a bad Twitter day. Along with retweeting and then deleting the train pic, he (mistakenly?) retweeted a tweet calling him a Fascist, and then deleted that one as well.

Screenshot from 2017-08-15 10-18-05.png

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Now, here is how a real leader uses Twitter after a national tragedy like this one:

Screenshot from 2017-08-15 10-30-33.png Screenshot from 2017-08-15 10-30-53.png Screenshot from 2017-08-15 10-31-11.png

4. samcraig macrumors P6

You think it's appropriate to retweet a post about running people down right after charlottesville? Tacky. Insensitive. And clearly someone pointed that out to him since he deleted the tweet.

Since he did delete the tweet - who do you feel about that? Do you think Trump was right to cave to such pressure? Or should he have stood his ground and left the tweet?

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

liberals,,,,,,,,,, I am sure he had that woman on his mind when he tweeted that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Your trolling is flacid and impotent today.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 15, 2017 ---
    Trump supporters (don't give me that **** you were for him but now are against him) are just pathetic.

7. zin macrumors 6502

CNN is disgustingly fake.

They interviewed the victim's mother's friend and all she did during the interview was smear Donald Trump. CNN didn't choose to read out the actual statement from the mother, thanking Donald Trump for his response.

8. Huntn, Aug 15, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

[​IMG]
    The Trump Train, full steam ahead!​

And we know, who else you love. :)

9. samcraig macrumors P6

He either did and is a bigger ass - or didn't and is clearly disconnected from making a sound judgement given the political environment. Which is it? And you didn't answer my question.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Ivanka :D
    but I can love anyone for $3.99 a minute :D
    he is a big ass with small hands & that said I think his feeble mind might be in NK at the moment and not at all on what happened in NC.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

So you believe he can't think of two things at the same time? I agree. :)
    No different that what the White House peddles daily.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow...he is really losing it. This is a pattern I have noticed. When he has a really bad week and when people shun and reject him, he goes ballistic, and starts randomingly lashing out like a malfunctioning robot out of control. "Does not compute...not compute...not compute".

So knowing this, I think we can break him! Just put on more pressure, more criticism, more abandonment and he will crack and become such a basket case that he is easily removed.

13. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Funny how Trump can get a huge rage-boner on over CNN but when it comes to Nazis he suddenly goes limp.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

at 70 I doubt he gets a boner at all, oh Milena where are you now baby :D

15. bladerunner2000 macrumors 68000

bladerunner2000

Kind of a lame thing to say considering most people have their character and ideology set in stone FOR LIFE once they hit about 20-25 years of age.

There's almost certainly no undoing past that.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Let's be accurate here. The cartoon does NOT show anyone being run over by a train. It shows someone trying, unsuccessfully, to stop a train.

17. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Ray Donovan's Bunchy:

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 1.19.46 PM.png

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how DARE you bring facts here? it's not YOUR interpretation that matters, it's the liberals one that matters :mad::mad::mad::mad:

19. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

You'd probably be shocked to learn what goes on in the Senior Centers after hours.

20. jdillings macrumors 65816

Lefties getting triggered by memes again....the gift that keeps on giving.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I knew it! You have a thing for Wolf Blitzer.

22. jpietrzak8, Aug 15, 2017

jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Well, but this is the thing, the aspect of Trump that Clinton showed so conclusively in the debates: it is easy to control Trump. You simply need to feed in the appropriate stimulus, and he will provide the corresponding response.

This is a man who has built up a method of dealing with the world over the last seven decades that requires no analysis at all. For every event, he's got a readymade response that he can apply immediately to achieve maximum gain. In short, he "already knows all the answers." And, living in his bubble, all the people he listens to continually feed him positive reinforcement.

It is when his perfect immediate responses run into real-world pushback that his composure begins to crack. Consider his speech yesterday; when he spent the first minute or two of it touting his economic record, that wasn't to inform the public about the economy; that was, instead, to validate the perfection of his decision-making process. When he further went on to explain that he said nothing wrong on Saturday, that was again to define himself as infallible.

Trump is going to crack. His entire persona depends upon his own perfection. He never apologizes because the first time he actually accepts that he could possibly be wrong will be the day he loses his mind. He can continue to berate those who oppose him, fire those who don't supplicate themselves before him, and consume media which celebrates him, but reality will inevitably intrude to inform him that no human is perfect.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Lets say Trump does go to war with NK or anyone else. Could his fragile mind be able to deal with the death and destruction he caused or would he crack under the pressure.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Ai ai. Were you wearing a helmet for last time on your old bike? ... asking for a friend...

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

FULL face, I am too pretty to scrape my face on the pavement :p