Trump revokes transgender protections

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Dagless, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/22/transgender-students-bathroom-trump-obama

Good news, Trump just passed a rule stating people will no longer get raped or assaulted in bathrooms from transg... oh wait.

Huh. Well, for some reason, he's gone and withdrawn protection for transgender people and bathrooms. There must have been a reason for this.

Perhaps this means straight men will no longer assault straight women in bathrooms. We'll have to wait to see the next wave of crime figures.

2. forcesteeler, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017

forcesteeler macrumors 6502

Don't see how this is a big deal. Mens Bathroon and Womens Bathroom Rule has been in place for hundreds of years.

These transgender people took things to far. Im all for rights but sometimes they can take things to far with all this transgender stuff.

3. bradl, Feb 22, 2017

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

60 years ago, they said the same thing about white people versus colored people.

By your logic, the progressives back then took things too far as well. :rolleyes:

BL.

4. jdclifford, Feb 22, 2017

jdclifford macrumors 6502

Shouldn't be left up to how i feel today. You have a penis you use the mens room. Simple and straight forward.

5. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Weird. He was perfectly okay with it before. I wonder if this was his idea or someone else's.

I personally don't care about the bathroom thing. I've had roommates with guys, girls, and my only concern was falling into the toilet when the seat was left up. That's about it really.

6. forcesteeler, Feb 22, 2017

Difference is a Black Person is Born Black, Just like Women, Women are born Women. So Black People and Women Need Rights because they did not choose to be black or choose to be women when they were born So they need equal protection rights..

Being Gay or Being a transgender is a behavior. You choose to be Gay or be transgender. You are not born Gay or your not born being a transgender. Its a Learn Behavior and its usually because of something that happen in the persons childhood.

Just like a Serial Killer or a Pedaphile.

7. bradl, Feb 22, 2017

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Do you have any evidence to support that being gay or transgender is a behavior? If so, By all means, present it.

BL.

8. steve knight, Feb 22, 2017

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

actually it was not a issue till conservatives discovered it. then of course they freaked out.

9. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I think this became a much bigger deal than it should have been.

If a guy goes through the trouble of surgery/hormones and is physically indistinguishable from a woman, who exactly would have stopped him from using the women's restroom?

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

He should have left it alone. Anyways

11. forcesteeler, Feb 22, 2017

Its simple common sense. Nobody is born Gay, Being a transgender, Being a GangBanger, Serial Killer, or a Pedaphile.

These all fall into behavior category and its usually learned at a young age. That Person usually goes through some kind of trama in there childhood.

Most Gay People went through some kind of truma or were abused at a young age. No different than a serial killer or a prostitute. Something in there childhood triggered there behavior. There is no DNA for being Gay. Just like there is no DNA for being GangBanger. Its all about your surroundings and environment.

12. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I wonder who would go through the trouble of trying to figure out the gender of the person? When I need to visit the loo, last thing I'm doing is looking around for that reason. I'd probably miss a celebrity, even Trump if nature called. Just saying.

Then again, the mens bathroom never has a line so I've broken a rule or two myself.

13. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I know this is anecdotal, but I know two different girls that had heterosexual relationships in high school, homosexual relationships in early adulthood and have been in heterosexual relationships since.

I guess one might make the argument that they were "experimenting" or something, but for them, it seems to have been a behavior.

14. jkcerda, Feb 22, 2017

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Seriously???:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    I have seen women go into men's restrooms before, hell I have used women's restrooms I self identified as needing to go :D

15. MadeTheSwitch, Feb 22, 2017

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Here's some actual education for you. The first transgender operation was performed in the 1920‘s, nearly 100 years ago. Just where do you think all these people have been going to the bathroom all this time?

Do you think this person has been using the women's restroom all this time? Do you think someone like them will now?

--- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    Not simple. Not straight forward. At all.

16. forcesteeler, Feb 22, 2017

Men Should Use the Mens Bathroom, Women Should Use the Womens Bathroom.

If your a transgender that is ok, Im all for equal rights but don't change the bathroom law because you feel uncomfortable? You ever thought about other people? People with Kids, or Daughters? I don't think people with Daughters will feel comfortable that a man is using the same bathroom as they are.

17. jdclifford, Feb 22, 2017

jdclifford macrumors 6502

Either u have a penis or you don't. Hormone therapy doesn't come into play.

18. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

And how do you judge if they have/don't have a penis if they look like that photo?

I don't know about you but going around grabbing peoples private parts is a no.

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Totally agree. No need to force places to build and spend money on "gender neutral" bathrooms. We in this society have let the crazy people take over making policy for the dumbest reason and in turn cause issues for the masses in order to somehow go pretty far out there supporting the small numbers of folks who aren't being hurt.

20. MadeTheSwitch, Feb 22, 2017

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

An absolute LIE. People don't chose their gender and don't choose who they are attracted to, both things just happen.

It's common sense that no one would choose something that they would be discriminated against over, beaten up over or even killed over. Unfortunately that basic common sense point is lost on you.

It's hard to believe that people are still recycling 60 year old arguments, and haven't learned about the subject but there you are, reaching backwards. Have you even ever talked to a gay or transgender person before?

21. jkcerda, Feb 22, 2017

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Plenty of fathers take their daughters to the men's restroom

22. Tucom, Feb 22, 2017

Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

Lmao, this is easily the most ignorant, hilarious false statement ever said on the internet - or a close contender. You are ABSOLUTELY born gay, straight, bisexual; you have different tendencies and mental development due to the genetics you are born with. I've known gay people in high school, and they couldn't yell loud enough that you're *born* gay, it's "not a choice."

It's definitely nothing "learned" lol.

There's people who have gay parents, but they're completely straight.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Trump has a list of stuff to roll back whenever his Rasmussen poll rating drops. Period.

The fact that the GOP would rather he focus on stuff like the tax code is... irrelevant to the Don.

The above statements are just my opinion. But :D they are also pure truth.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

They were just bisexual. Bisexuality should not be confused with either homosexuality or heterosexuality which are truly unchangeable orientations.

25. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

To be fair I think I'm more likely to be assaulted by a gay man in a toilet so what can we do about that? Can we have separate bathrooms for straight people and gay people? How will my son ever feel safe when there are gay men looking at his bits in public toilets?

What will your daughter make of lesbians checking her out in bathrooms?

Haha. I can't believe this guy. I'd do a list of everything wrong with his posts on this. My favourite recent one being segregation of care over sons and daughters.