Trump rousing speech at AIPAC

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Mar 21, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

The UN is no friend of the USA or Israel..

2. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

3. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

can't win the presidency without AIPAC support. I say ****the UN first.

4. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Based on the number of "*" I assume you said

"I Love Israel".

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

A pox on both their houses. However, AIPAC is far more pernicious since they own the U.S. Congress. Frankly, as much trouble as they cause us Israel is merely acting in their own self-interest and we continue to send AIPAC-owned politicians back to Washington, so we're at fault, too.

Well, not me but everyone else is.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 21, 2016 ---
    Well, I do love a giant pastrami on rye from Katz's deli...

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

AIPAC is for Clinton. There are some Cruz supporters but mostly it's for Clinton because she has a long track record of being a neocon, pro-Israel hawk.

Trump... no way. His having uttered the words "neutral on Israel" even once was a death knell for consideration from AIPAC.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

Because we couldn't have a president who is neutral and stays out of other countries affairs, could we. :rolleyes:

Let's all support Hitlary, the UN, NATO and all the wars that come with it.

8. thewap, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016

thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Clinton? maybe , maybe not. Clinton double speak having it both ways might not work on AIPAC this time. Her shmoozing up to Obama and to the UN while saying she was against the Iran deal and Obama policies is disingenuous at best. The Iran deal with the monetary reward, and the destruction of Israel being off the table for Iran, only endangered Israel on an alarming level with Iran now having even more funds, already breaking the terms of the deal and performing ballistic missile tests with 1000miles capability. (Israel is 700 miles away).

AIPAC might be waking up to the fact that the UN with it's 6 muslim nations at the top of the pack in the nato forces is not the "benevolent" peace keeping organization that is professes to be, and that Trump is probably right in his message to Israel that the US will always be it's ally, and that both Israel and the US do not need to be subject to the "authority" of the UN globalists, with the war hawk Hillary leading the charge for global authority over sovereign countries - including the USA.

If you have looked at the AIPAC speech from Trump, he is pretty clear about his position against palestinian aggression against Iraelis, and addresses some pretty interesting issues that he would tackle against the ISIS influences that fuel the palestinian aggression. Trump was received well at AIPAC with numerous standing ovations, I am sure that AIPAC members did relate very well with Trump's straightforwardness and authenticity, compared to Hillary's "I will say anything to get the vote" campaign approach, while continuing the Bush Cheney Clinton destabilizing war plan in the world.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Man, is he a boring politician sounding guy when using a teleprompter. He delivered a good speech with no substance and pandered ayt nuclear levels. My daughter is about to have a Jewish baby. What a douchebag.

10. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Congratulations. You are my first blocked user. I can't take your vapid comments any longer. I won't miss you.

11. rdowns, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Made my day. Some people can't handle the truth. In fact, his speech was almost indistinguishable from Hillary's.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I got only four minutes into the video, and Trump is saying we're giving $150b to the Iran and getting nothing in return, which is wrong of course. And then he's telling them nobody's studied this issue more than he has. Typical I'm-number-one bragging from him. Enough. That's all I could handle.

You must done something right. :)

13. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Probably had the same speech writer. They're both corporatist hacks.

14. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

You learn to love rdowns. He's the angry old man on the porch always yelling at kids as they go by. Like a fungus, he grows on you.

15. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I'll take your word for it.

16. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Then why has the UN never bothered to move its headquarters out of the US? You know, unlike all those American companies that have offshored jobs and scapegoated Americans -- but still are happy to take all the corporate welfare and other entitlements at our expense... is that why the UN still likes it here? More freebies but for some reason won't get to have more of them if they left?

17. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Because they love the expensive Manhattan hookers.

18. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Trump Yarmulkes Are Biggest Seller at AIPAC Conference
    http://freebeacon.com/issues/trump-yarmulkes-are-biggest-seller-at-aipac-conference/

If yarmulke sales are any indication of voter attitudes, Donald Trump was the clear winner at AIPAC on Monday night.

Marc Daniels, a vendor selling campaign logo kippas outside the American Israel Public Affairs Committee conference in Washington, D.C. on Monday evening, said the “Donald Trump 2016” cap was his most popular item by far.

Daniels said he was “inundated” with requests for the Trump yarmulkes from conference-goers and sold out almost immediately.

19. Robisan macrumors 6502

...And, denounced by the president of AIPAC. Well played, Donald.

AIPAC Denounces Trump Criticism Of Obama's Relationship With Israel

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) on Tuesday condemned Donald Trump's Monday night comments criticizing President Obama during a speech at an AIPAC conference.

"We say unequivocally that we do not countenance ad hominem attacks, and we take great offense to those that are levied against the United States of America from our stage," AIPAC president Lillian Pinkus said on Tuesday, reading from a written statement at the conference, according to Politico. "While we may have policy differences, we deeply respect the office of the president of the United States and our president, Barack Obama."

During his Monday night speech, Trump said that Obama has treated Israel "very, very badly" and "may be the worst thing that ever happened to Israel."

Pinkus apologized on Tuesday for those offended by Trump's remarks.​

20. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Why not continue the article.. is Lillian Pinkus's PC correct feelings relevant anymore?

"There are people in our AIPAC family who were deeply hurt last night, and for that, we are deeply sorry," she said, according to Politico. "We are disappointed that so many people applauded a sentiment that we neither agree with or condone."

Lol.

21. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

What's wrong about it?

The deal we made with them frees up an estimated $150B in assets that they did not have before, with no repercussions if they blow off their part of the agreement - which they are already doing.

It's like giving a stranger $100 to go buy you a $1 candy bar at the drug store around the corner, and then waiting to see if they come back with your candy and change... You've already given up the $100, and have no way to get that back if they skip out on you...

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It was their frozen assets, which we're returning to them. On the video it sounds like we were just giving them $150b, the way we do with foreign aid to other countries.

I'm satisfied with the negotiated nuclear inspections. If they renege, we go back to sanctions, which helped push them to make this deal in the first place. We also have the option of attack as a last resort.

The upshot of it is I'm not going to worry about this until there's an actual reason to worry. Right now North Korea looks like a greater threat.

23. unlinked macrumors 6502a

I think it is more like if you mugged someone and stole $100 you will definitely have to give back the $100 if you want to make up and be friends.