Trump-Russia What is your answer to Morning Joe's Question?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Jun 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Huntn, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Joe Scarborough is a former Republican Congressman from Florida who hosts a morning show (Morning Joe) on MSNBC. Paraphrased: Why has every person associated with Donald Trump lied about, omitted, or forgotten their meetings with Russians?

Indeed, this is the question to be asked and answered about the Trump Administration.

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Let them ask it during the investigation. Hopefully the Russian talk lasts as long as the Hillary email talk.

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

If there's nothing to hide, why is it such a difficult question to answer? There used to be doubts on whether amnesia was legit. With the Trump campaign, it's become a friggin' contagion that spreads faster than a zombie outbreak in a Resident Evil movie. If the communications were innocent it shouldn't be a big deal. If there's worry that things become political, well... you can thank things like the endless Clinton email investigations for that precedent. If it lasts as long as Benghazi though... it could be a very long talk.

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I can answer this question vaguely- Team Trump does not want us to know they were talking to Russians or the reason or they would be forth coming about it. It highly likely they at a minimum are guilty of violating the Logan Act.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Obama knew about the talks. If they violated the Logan act at ALL why would obama stay quiet?

6. samcraig macrumors P6

rope to hang them by?

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

The election was over, Trump was the winner. Something like this is so explosive, so disruptive, maybe it's best to have your ducks in a row before before taking action? The recorders were busy recording.

8. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Honestly, I don't see this as an indication of guilt. For a very specific reason:

Donald Trump and his associates routinely LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING.

We now exist in a post-truth environment.

9. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

By definition lieing about everything equates to guilt about everything and taking actions to cover the truth.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Oh please

11. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I disagree; I'm coming to the opinion that Trump lies about everything simply because he feels more comfortable telling lies than telling the truth. It's not so much that he's trying to hide facts, but more that he doesn't even believe in the concept of "truth". His world is a living fantasy, a "reality tv show" that is actually real, where anything he desires will exist just by wishing for it.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Even the MICROWAVE OVENS were recording!
    --- Post Merged, Jun 2, 2017 ---
    I don't think it's a comfortability thing. I think even more simply - he dictates his own reality. He has lived in a bubble that has allowed him to say and do pretty much whatever he wants without anyone questioning him. Being the President doesn't afford you the same ability.

13. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

That's your best? Sorry if the ole brain is having trouble computing. :rolleyes:
    Ok, this is not a fight. :) ....but, a choice is being made and lieing means you'd rather have something false believed rather than the truth believed, because the lie enables you and the truth hinders you. Liars, the con men's method is to use deceit as a tool, it's a calculated decision.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

if the brain was computing as pointed out, Obama would have taken trump out BEFORE he got to the WH.

this is your Benghazi, by all means do 300 investigations if it makes you feel better, republicans did it so if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander.

15. Huntn, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017

Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

It's not mine, it's our intelligence, and law enforcement agencies. You should quit while your ahead.

So according to you none of these people have lied, forgotten, or omitted their dealings with Russians. Thanks your answer is recorded.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

If I were a member of the Trump campaign I'd be tight lipped as well. The Main Stream Media is in such a frenzy to bag the administration that they will label drinking a vodka as proof of some type of Russian conspiracy.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

that happens to be YOUR answer, what I SAID was that if there was something actually there then Obama could have done something about it.

as far as our intelligence/law enforcement communities go, maybe they are trying to find a reasonable prosecutor before they move forward :D

18. samcraig macrumors P6

You should at least give credit to Spicer for your quip. That was said by him in a press conference.

19. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Once again, who's fault is that? Is it the fault of those having these conversations in the first place? Or those that created the political climate that any perceived misstep legit or not needs to be investigated? Whining that the 'MSM' isn't investigating enough when one side is in, and whining they are too hungry for news when the other side is in, doesn't work.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I posted this a few days ago but I think it applies here as well.....

Trumps Russian connections and other crimes:
    1. Remember when Trump was business partners with the Russian government and his company got $53,000,000 from a Russian government investment fund call Rusnano and was started by Vladimir Putin? Wait, that was John Podesta, sorry.
    2. Remember when Trump received $500,000 for a speech in Moscow and paid for by Renaissance Capitol which tied to the Russian intelligence agencies? Wait, that was Bill Clinton, sorry.
    3. Remember when Trump approved the sale of 20% of US uranium to the Russians when he was Secretary of State? Wait, that was Hillary Clinton, sorry.
    4. Remember when Trump lied about that and said he wasn't part of the deal to approve the sale of that uranium. But then his emails were leaked and it was revealed that he did lie about it? Wait, that was Hillary Clinton again, sorry.
    5. Remember when Trump got $145,000,000 from shareholders of the Russian group that bought the 20% of US Uranium? Wait, that was Hillary Clinton and the Clinton foundation, sorry.
    6. Remember when Trump accepted millions in donations from Russian oligarchs, like the chairman of the group that bought the US uranium, or the wife of the Mayer of Moscow? Wait, that was the Clinton Foundation again, sorry.
    7. Remember when Trump forgot to mention all of those Russian connections before becoming the Secretary of State and was only discovered when a journalist discovered the connections by going though Canadian tax records? Wait, that was Hillary Clinton again. Sorry?

All you Trump bashers need to wake up and look at the whole picture here.

If Trump or the administration did anything wrong I hope they get raked over the coals and charged. What really bothers me is the other Russian connections that the media and the left-leaning public is more than happy to ignore. And just because it happened in the past does not warrant a pass. If it is wrong for Trump officials to not disclose Russian contacts that it is equally wrong for Hillary officials to have not disclosed Russian contacts. Hillary had several business dealings and conflicts of interest.

Investigate Trump? 100%. But apply that same high powered magnifying glass to Hillary, Podesta, and ANY OTHER persons that committed the same "Crimes" as Trump officials. If it truly is about National Security than we should all want equal justice for all offenders, regardless of party or affiliation.

Was it? I truly didn't know that.
    Read the BOLD print above. I want equal scrutiny for all.

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I am fairly certain we covered if not most of those before. I know the whole Clinton/Uranium fantasy ( http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-inaccurately-suggests-clinton-got-pai/ ) we went over at least. The point there is you're always asking for retroactive investigations before current investigations as a deflection, which means we'd never get anything investigate. You constantly want to ignore the car wreck in front of you while it's fresh to investigate, because there's still some car wreck from 3 years ago that wasn't settled to your satisfaction. Furthermore anything that was done in the past that didn't reach the conclusions you desire, we need to further investigate until they do, which just makes it an endless hamster wheel of a diversion.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I said to investigate everyone fairly and equally. I don't care who's first on the chop. Do Trump first, then Hillary, I don't really care. As long as the investigations are performed fairly and justly.

23. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

You just repeated your answer. I got it the first time. :rolleyes:

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

no you didn't, but it;s ok. Flyinn lied and was canned, WHY lie? don't know, there MIGHT be something there , as said do your benghazi . as many times as you need.

25. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I'd agree with you, but Hillary has already had more than her fair share of investigations with NOTHING to show for the Goober Representatives (Gowdy and Gomer).
    You said if there was something there, implying there is nothing there. I got it, you can return your head to the sand.