Trump says “13 angry Democrats” are going to rig the mid-term elections

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, May 29, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I guess this is a riff on the classic movie 12 Angry Men? But I’m not sure who the 13 are?

And 27 minutes after that tweet wet get this one. This guy is seriously certifiable!

This tweet about sums up Trump’s daily schedule. :D

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Projection. If he was accused of taking a dump on the floor of a Nordstrom's changing room, he'd Tweet tomorrow about someone else doing exactly the same.

He's literally accusing everyone of everything he is accused of.

3. Stella macrumors G3

Stella

4. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

His 13 angry Democrats are Mueller and his team (who either donated to Democratic candidates in the past or worked for Democratic presidents). As I recall, someone ran the numbers and found that Donald Trump has donated more money to Democratic candidates than Mueller's entire team combined.

5. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

And 30 minutes after he tweets this he said he needs to stop tweeting about this stuff so he can focus on his job. The guy is certifiable.

6. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

These tweets reveal a guilty person trying to impede an investigation into his shady deals because of what it will discover, and trying to rally the minions, himself interfering with and by his position attempting to obstruct Justice. Crickets from the GOP. :oops::mad:
    --- Post Merged, May 29, 2018 ---
    Apparently he is not smart enough to realize how this DAILY display of his mental instability or insecurity is received. He show cases his mental state and his incompetence, inability to fulfill his role as POTUS.

For the Trump supporters in this forum, here is the incontrovertible point, truth, and reality:
    If Trump and his associates are innocent, the Mueller investigation is harmless.
    Now, you can ponder, why the daily hissy fit? Imo, POTUS is working hard to forestall the coming reckoning.

7. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

No less than 2 hours after Trump tweeted that he needed to start focusing his energy on his job we get this:

8. AsherN macrumors 6502

come now. 2 hours of work a day is plenty.

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

FFS, a 71 year old man throwing tweet tantrums. This doofy bonehead B-list celebrity reality show TV star is the one people actually thought would help the country. Unreal.

10. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

You’re right! He really is a demented man

11. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

As @GermanSuplex stated, he projects himself all over those who threaten his imperial Presidency with their inconvienent truths. :(

12. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

let's waste more taxpayers money.. open yet another investigation for his unfounded claims.

upload_2018-5-29_10-58-8.png

13. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

14. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

You gotta love how Trump rants about 13 Democrats meddling with the midterm elections,,,, and then three hours before the polls close in the South Carolina primary, he tweets out negative commentary on Mark Sanford, one of the Congressional candidates (who is now projected not to finish first). Further, Trump's tweet made a point of alluding to "Argentina" -- and so referencing the candidate's widely reported saga of marital infidelity in 2009, which every citizen of SC not then living in a cave was aware of, since Sanford at that time was their governor.

"Mark Sanford has been very unhelpful to me in my campaign to MAGA," Trump tweeted. "He is MIA and nothing but trouble. He is better off in Argentina. I fully endorse Katie Arrington for Congress in SC, a state I love. She is tough on crime and will continue our fight to lower taxes. VOTE Katie!"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/poli...virginia-nevada-north-dakota-maine/index.html

15. IronWaffle, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Stuff like this reminds me of the original film adaptation of Manchurian Candidate. Not for the most common, conspiracy-nut allusions. The candidate, like Joe McCarthy in real life, had a penchant for throwing out inconsistent numbers. Specificity lends credence but varying that specificity inconsistently is gaslighting. The film, however, contains this scene wherein the woman-behind-the-man, Angela Lansbury, explains another wily reason for this. I’m referring to her LOGIC, not some nutty “you’re he puppet stuff” which, while amusing is NOT what I’m driving at.

16. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

I'm sick of being gaslighted and I'm sick of Trump projecting onto others what he does and what he is (and thinking it's all wonderful and anyway will net him plenty covfefe which it always does).

But... I was heartened to read this thing today, an EJ Dionne interview of four people having differently-flavored conservative voices but who are all anti-Trump. A couple of them I know something of from having read some of their columns, but a couple more I wish got more press for their views. It's not every day now you hear a conservative publicly taking on Trump over his sustained assaults on objective truths. Wouldn't hurt some fake conservatives who are still followers of Donald Trump to hear some real assessments of their guy from "what's left of the right".

17. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Makes me wonder why a lot of Democrats hate Trump (that’s a Democrat.)

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Really? o_O Can't figure out why he isn't popular with democrats? Really? A guy who is much a democrat as he is a republican? I.E. which ever party offers him the opportunity he desires. Really?

19. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Still doesn’t ignore the fact that he’s a lifelong Democrat till recently. Maybe he’s not too popular with Democrats because he’s doing good with the economy and creating jobs?

20. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

No. He wasn't ever really very popular with democrats, unless he was donating money to your election. To any other democrat he's still the racist piece of crap who wanted five innocent men of color executed. When proven innocent he had nothing to say, not even an apology to them. In NY he was considered a clown, an elitist clown. For some reason though those who were 'forgotten' in 'the flyover states' saw him as a guy who could represent them. It's only in the minds of republicans who've bought the con of the Trump empire, that believe he was popular with democrats, because they feel it makes someone's head blow up.

You're still fooling yourself.

21. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Trump's not too popular with anyone sane. That's because Trump is unfit to be president of the USA. The supporters of his who are not just gullible (and/or in denial) are craven or cynical or both. That includes the leadership of the Republican Party and plenty GOP members in both houses of Congress. They've signed onto the kleptocracy and are a zombie party now.

Trump is a constant liar, a world class narcissist, a self-aggrandizing dangerous incompetent who's obsessed with power, looking for or manufacturing loopholes in the Constitution, down with totalitarian figures around the globe because he fancies himself one of them. All that praise he heaps on despots like Kim, Putin, Duterte, Erdogan... is self-praise. Don The First is how he sees himself. I see him as naked as a jaybird when it comes to powers of an emperor. Still waiting for the GOP leadership to wake up and do their jobs and rein him in better. But, so much for thinking they could ride the tiger they brought into their house. He's eating their party alive and ruining our reputation and spheres of influence abroad.

22. RichardMZhlubb, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The primary reasons for my objections to Trump have nothing to do with party affiliation, they have to do with the fact that he’s incompetent, corrupt and amoral.

I’ve thought about what I would do if the Democrats nominated someone as bad as Trump. The closest analogue I could come up with among people who ran as Democrats and got some national attention was Al Sharpton (although he’s still not as bad as Trump). But, if the Democrats ever did something as foolish as nominate Al Sharpton and the Republicans nominated a sane candidate like Romney or McCain, I would vote for the Republican in a heartbeat. Unlike current Republicans, I recognize that the future of the country is more important than my party.

23. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Lmao you’re joking right. He’s not even popular among republicans. Everyone hates him. He’s merely tolerated.

24. Zenithal macrumors G3

Any flyover industry getting screwed can rely on government subsidies.

25. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

Democrats only like you if you donate money!
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2018 ---
    *Everyone* doesn't hate him and apparently about 45% of American's don't either.