Trump says his nuclear button is much bigger and more powerful than North Korea’s

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

World War III here we come. And this tweet once again proves Trump is obsessed with size, ratings and bigness. In all things, including nuclear weapons.

[​IMG]

And after he sent that tweet he sent this one:

[​IMG]

Still blows my mind this clown is president of the United States.

2. forcesteeler macrumors 6502

Damn when I heard it I thought it was a joke from a parody until I went to his actual account. At this point you kinda have to look at America as a joke. If you study history you will know that we have reach the end point of America being looked at as leader of the free world.

3. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

And from the there is a tweet for everything file....this was sent by Trump in 2013.

4. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

I don’t know if he is being tough, or if he is insane. I want some one moderate, someone who can see an opportunity to difuse the situation if possible. I have serious fears about Trump and his button.

5. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

6. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

It’s pretty scary if we’re counting on North Korea to be the rational actors in this situation.

7. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Certainly not the level of professionalism you’d like to see from our president, but when it comes to nuclear deterrent size does matter.
    What’s up with that White House letterhead thing? Do they release his tweets like that to make them official statements?

8. darksithpro, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018

darksithpro macrumors regular

But, but I thought you guys where mad he was golfing too much at Mar a Lago? Now he's back to nuclear annihilation again? What gives?o_O:oops: Not sure if some of you are aware, but geopolitical politics are a lot different in Asia than in Europe. It's common place for Asian countries to make vague threats against others in the region, as a sign of flexing their muscles. Usually nothing comes out of it, but watching the political rhetoric over the years it's kind of expected and commonplace in that part of the world.

9. jdclifford macrumors 6502

10. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

see my post #78 in 2018 - a good or bad year. Christ...

11. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

That has yet to some. And I think. Nic fight makes people not want to switch horses mid stream. (Wag the Dog reference).

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Meanwhile, NK is undeterred in advancement of their nuclear program. Sanctions don’t work, just hurts their poor and pisses them off more.

Nothing gives, both are stupid. I’m fine if he rips his country off while enriching himself by golfing at his own courses, it’s his hypocrisy that bothers me.

But this is stupid. Every day this president does something that would be a gaffe of a career for anyone with any tact or skills to govern. He just gets away with it every day.

13. forcesteeler macrumors 6502

This is not a joke or some kind of video game. Millions of lives are at risk.

14. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Someone created a bot to turn his tweets into official looking statements. Just as a reminder that saying something on twitter doesn’t make it less official.

15. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Ha well that’s clever

16. Rogifan, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018

Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

What if nuclear war breaks out before he’s able to hand out his fake news awards. :eek:

Seriously it is scary how so many treat Trump’s behavior as merely entertainment. As if his behavior and what he tweets is completely seperate from being President and is something that can either be ignored or laughed at. My God what do other world leaders think when they see tweets like this? We have a mad man as leader of the free world and no one seems to care. Certainly not Wall Street investors.

17. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I only hope that the US voting public wakes up and makes the Republican party pay for supporting this insanity....

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Pentagon Creates Decoy Nuke Buttons So Trump Doesn’t Hit Real One

[​IMG]

19. koulmj Suspended

koulmj

Oh. I am there already. About once every two weeks I right to my Senators and Reps and tell them that I plan on voting for every dem on the ballet next year so ling as Trump is jn office.

20. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

The US could really use a female president right about now

DG5pe0XWAAQ3oDt.jpg

21. darksithpro macrumors regular

Lets look at the facts here guys and gals. Trump doesn't need to launch a tactical nuclear strike against North Korea. We have more than enough conventional munitions, and the advantage of land, air, and sea power. It simply would never happen in a logical sense. Trump is just playing the Asian political game. Plus it makes no economical sense to radiate the northern part of Korea from nuclear fallout. After a potential war you'd want to harvest the national resources "plunder" of the conquered enemy. NK has trillions worth of minerals in the mountainous regions in the north. From a pragmatic perspective the US would never use nukes.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

23. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Why don’t we solve this without killing a bunch of people? We should just get Trump and Kim in a room together at Panmunjom, hand them a measuring tape and have them take off their pants. That way they can settle once and for all who is the biggest.

24. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Without the innuendo, i'd like to think a rational person would look at the threat of even the lessor antagonist thoughtfully.

25. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

If this were any other president, you might have a point.