Trump says leakers don't exist; just fake news made up by the media

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, May 28, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

So I guess it's not Obama holdovers from the deep state leaking stuff as Trump just tweeted that there are no leakers, it's all just fake news from the fake media.

[​IMG]

And funny how he complains about anonymous sources when the White House constantly provides statements to the media and tell them to use "senior administration official" or something like that. And let's not forget it was Trump himself who used an unnamed source to push the birther nonsense.

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, May 28, 2017 ---
    Trump has just undercut everyone in the pro-Trump conservative media who have been pushing the narrative that these leaks are coming from Obama holdovers in the administrative state. And undercutting his own White House and some congressional Republicans who say the real story is the leaks and we have to go after the leakers. Now Trump is saying there are no leakers it's all just made up by the media. [​IMG]

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I do wish this clown would stop the tweeting. It's too much already.

3. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I'd agree with you, but as I'd like to see him relieved of duty asap, I encourage his continued rant tweeting.

4. niploteksi macrumors regular

Keep him for the duration of his term. Then make sure you have reasonable candidates for the next election. It's got to be better to keep Trump.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Nah, just your common or bog-standard normal paranoia, delusion, entitlement, intellectual laziness, and thin-skinned neurotic narcissistic neediness for the world to twitch in response to his every utterance that Mr Trump suffers from on a daily basis.

Agreed, not least on the need to have him relieved of duty ASAP. What a dreadful man and catastrophically bad president.

6. niploteksi macrumors regular

He's your elected president. Everybody already knew that he was a dreadful man before he was elected.

Maybe you should just "vet" your presidents more thoroughly and not elect criminals :)
    Although criminals are elected into office everywhere. In Sweden too.

7. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

And people will believe him...

8. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Yes. To the rational person, they equate Trump talking or twittering as a plurality of lies.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, as it happens, I am not an American, rather, I am from Europe, and would identify as a proud European, so he is most certainly not "my" president, "elected" or otherwise.

10. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

Someone really needs to ban him from tweeting.

Now he wants us to believe that these leaks aren't real and they're just fake news.

Trump thinks America is as dumb as his supporters.

11. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Well this last election we had a choice between two.

In other news, Greg Gianforte was just elected to the US House of Representatives a day after assaulting a reporter and being charged. People don't care and elected him anyway. People here will compromise their values and look past anything just to support their party.

12. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

Majority of Americans didn't vote for him. He's only an elected President because of the antiquated electoral system.

13. niploteksi macrumors regular

My apologies then :)

14. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Oh wait, looks like leaks still exist...maybe not fake news after all...I can't keep up...

[​IMG] Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
    5/28/17, 9:43 AM
    British Prime Minister May was very angry that the info the U.K. gave to U.S. about Manchester was leaked. Gave me full details!

15. niploteksi macrumors regular

Oh, he knows so much!

16. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Last Friday, Secretary of State Tillerson flew in person to the UK to accept responsibility for - and to issue an apology for - the leaks from the US about the Manchester bombings.

Still: One is curious as to where the line is drawn between "fake news" and that which is deemed to have happened.

17. niploteksi macrumors regular

If the message can fit within 140 characters it MIGHT be real. Otherwise it's FAKE!

18. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

My opinion is that this guy is not just a poor President, but a real danger to our Republic, possibly to the world. I'd prefer if something more significant happened, other than just crossing our fingers and hoping we'll still be here tomorrow. I acknowledge this is a melodramatic statement, but emphasize there could be real danger with this Presidency.

19. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

The distinction is Trump labels anything he does not LIKE as fake news. Any truth of fact in the story does not matter. The sad reality is a reporter could do some great investigative journalism, report it responsibly, but if Trump labels it fake news it deminishes the value of the story. His words carry more weight than a factual news story.

Until people start to realize this, it will continue. There have been many dictators over the years that people have listened to and agreed with. I am sure people did not realize the seriousness of their mistake until it was too late and the dictator had absolute power.

20. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Trump is the son of European immigrants. Nice try but we're all to blame including you Europeans.

21. niploteksi macrumors regular

Yes but what will you get instead. Pence? My hope is that you tread carefully :)

22. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

I think you're being disingenuous to Trump. Recently he has been using two twitter messages to get his points across!

23. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

While real fake news exists, it mostly originates out of Supreme Leader's orifice. Fake news is now both an offensive and defensive tool used to persuade and deceive, so the term and use of the tactic by the Trump Administration only needs to be analysied for the degree of deception and angle trying to be achieved.
    It's possible that Pence is involved with Russian shenanigans, but if not, I think I'd prefer him to Trump. :oops: This is how dangerous I think Trump is.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The President of the United States has precisely zero credibility. None. It's gotten to the point that when he says something, you can pretty much count on the absolute opposite of what he says being the actual truth.

And what a sad state of affairs that is. What a dangerous state of affairs that is. The United States foreign policy depends on the word of the Government being taken seriously. If the US Government says that if Country A does such and such, that Consequence B will be the result.

And what foreign leader will ever take Donald Trump seriously? On any matter of importance?

Donald Trump is crapping his pants with fear of ending up in the jail cell he so richly deserves. And I will cheer when that day comes. I just wish the people that voted for the **** gibbon could join him there.