Trump says the media makes him uncivil

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Is there anyone more insecure than Donald Trump? Who cares that he went to an Ivy League school? I’m sure the working class folks in the rust belt who voted for him don’t care.

Karen Travers (@karentravers)
10/25/17, 12:28 PM
Pres Trump: "I think the press makes me more uncivil than I am. i went to an Ivy League college, I was a nice student, I did very well."
Oh and Trump also said he didn’t authorize the mission in Niger that killed 4 soldiers. I guess the buck never stops with him. He’s throwing the military (and possibly Obama) under the bus because nothing bad can ever happen on his watch.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
I've heard the phrase "I'm my own worst critic", but what is the opposite of that? Not only do I not take blame, I don't take blame for not taking blame. It's the media....

As if being a multi-millionaire and going to an Ivy League college means anything. Not a knock on anyone who worked hard and went to college, but come on....

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
To blame the media for his bad behavior is not only ridiculous, but it is factually incorrect. He was rude and crude to Rosie O'Donnell long before he ever ran for office.

He’s throwing the military (and possibly Obama) under the bus
Precisely why he has given the military free reign.

1. Because he doesn't know anything anyway
2. Because he doesn't care about details and details bore him.
3. And because he can easily pass blame onto the military since they are doing things without his knowledge. So when the inevitable **** hits the fan, he can claim plausible deniability by putting that separation between him and the military he is supposed to be in charge of.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Is there anyone more insecure than Donald Trump? Who cares that he went to an Ivy League school? I’m sure the working class folks in the rust belt who voted for him don’t care.

Oh and Trump also said he didn’t authorize the mission in Niger that killed 4 soldiers. I guess the buck never stops with him. He’s throwing the military (and possibly Obama) under the bus because nothing bad can ever happen on his watch.
Thread title is wrong. He says “more” uncivil :)

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
He often conflates things. Like this morning's tweet: "Jeff Flake, with an 18% approval rating in Arizona, said "a lot of my colleagues have spoken out." Really, they just gave me a standing O!"

Flake's approval rating in AZ, senators speaking out and getting a standing O are three things that have no relation to each other.

Also note once again that all he cares about is applause.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
He often conflates things. Like this morning's tweet: "Jeff Flake, with an 18% approval rating in Arizona, said "a lot of my colleagues have spoken out." Really, they just gave me a standing O!"

Flake's approval rating in AZ, senators speaking out and getting a standing O are three things that have no relation to each other.

He also talked about Jeff Flake's low poll numbers in the primary. I don't think someone is in a primary race until they actually have declared themselves to be a candidate. Thus, he never got into the 2018 primary to begin with, right?

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Thread title is wrong. He says “more” uncivil :)
Regardless, we've elected a president incapable of taking responsibility for anything that can be seen as negative, and conversely inflates any accomplishment that he feels is positive (scoring himself a perfect 10/10 on Puerto Rico, for example).

It would be nice if you displayed as much concern over trump's conduct as you did thread titles.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
It's hard to determine if he means that the press makes him out to be more boorish than he is or if the press MAKES him boorish because of how they cover him. It can go either way...

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011

Here’s the thing: congressmen are saying one thing and private and something completely different in public. None of them like Trump but hey for the most part he’ll sign Republican legislation and appoint the right judges so nothing else matters to them.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Here’s the thing: congressmen are saying one thing and private and something completely different in public. None of them like Trump but hey for the most part he’ll sign Republican legislation and appoint the right judges so nothing else matters to them.
All whores :)

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

duffman9000

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
Regardless, we've elected a president incapable of taking responsibility for anything that can be seen as negative, and conversely inflates any accomplishment that he feels is positive (scoring himself a perfect 10/10 on Puerto Rico, for example).

It would be nice if you displayed as much concern over trump's conduct as you did thread titles.
What’s this “we” business lol...
[doublepost=1508977934][/doublepost]
I keep pissing on their heads and tell them it's raining, and when they say, "hey stop pissing on us," it makes me uncivil.
Maybe the more direct route will go over better. I humiliate them and when they ask why I yell I thought y’all were tired of politically correct speech! I’m giving you what you asked for and now you’re complaining about it?? You should be thanking me!

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Seven things:
  • Supreme Leader does not like criticism from his subjects or being called out for his historically bad ideas, deception and tall tales.
  • Surrounding himself with whipping boys, it’s always everyone else’s fault that he makes ridiculous or bad promises that he can’t keep, because duh, he’s not the dictator he imagines himself to be. Nor does he put in the required effort to make his ideas happen.
  • Unlike Commander in Chief, Supreme Leader offer the benefit of blaming others for your bad decisions or inattention to your responsibilities.
  • Thin skinned to the point of being dysfunctional.
  • Faces all conflict with bullying, belittling, name calling, sarcasm, and sexual assault when prudent.
  • He’s a prodigious Liar just about... everything. The best ever, you name it, he wants you to believe his sewer water is the finest perfume, and his minions do! :oops:
  • Are we fooled or have we finally woken up to The Trump Zone? Everything above smacks of a mix of narcissism and sociopathic behavior.