Trump secures 3 Americans from NK

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, May 9, 2018.

1. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

2. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Just take this L like a man. You should be used to it by now anyway.

As to the topic, good job. We need to continue to make inroads to bring world peace. I like how Trump tackles the issue - these people speak with brutality, so once Kim knew Trump was serious he decided to take the steps to bring peace.

3. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

4. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

[​IMG]

You do know "world" includes the Middle East, in where Trump has basically thrown the credibility of the USA into the toilet.

5. IWantItThatWay Suspended

In the other thread liberals pretty much bragging that the prisoners were not going to be released and were using it as a "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Guess what? They were wrong again. It's almost become a parody at this point.

And Trump will work towards peace there soon as well.

GOAT President?

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

7. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

"Bragging"? I already used the Princess Bride meme on you today; now you're doubling down??? o_O

Slow down there a mite. He's yet to achieve peace in NK.

8. Zombie Acorn, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018

Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

What did Trump give prior to securing these hostages? Nothing. Certainly not a meeting with Obama. Nothing has changed hands and the only one giving in is Un. My current post has nothing to do with the reasons these people were captured, I don't know their backgrounds or how they were caught. I stand by my statement that any American is pretty dumb to be in NK unless they are there diplomatically.
    --- Post Merged, May 9, 2018 ---
    Also like to add that Clinton wasn't the only thing that Obama ended up giving them (as I eluded to)... and he was fooled multiple times:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...9/gIQAVqvviR_blog.html?utm_term=.e047d81134a5

And at the end of all of this Obama let them get to a nuke.

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Why would anyone spin it differently?

If anything, Trump worshipers are going to over compensate this achievement(which is part of a president's job description) to deflect from the endless corrupt circus-like sideshow.

Trump Term Scale ...
    Good News .... 3
    Bad News .... 10,000,000,321

10. 0007776 Suspended

You should have just plagiarized one or two of those posts and watched him attack you for being dismissive of Trump for a bit before pulling out the screenshots. It would have been much more entertaining.

11. statik13 macrumors regular

statik13

12. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

My first post was a statement of how it was a reasonable decision to trade Clinton for hostages, my second statement was about dumb Americans going to NK for ???, third statement was that I hated that they were put in the position for this trade but probably would have done the same trade, fourth statement was a hope that Obama wouldn't give away the milk for free (we saw that he did multiple times and they developed nukes under his watch) .

Probably would have agreed with myself if Trump actually had to trade anything for this, he didn't. Denuclearization is on the table though.

13. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Basically, you were spinning it as something other than a win.

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

His name is Jong Un. Calling him Un is like calling Trump "Nald."

15. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

That's because a compromise was made in Obama's case and I was skeptical about what else he gave up, Trump gave up nothing.

Hindsight tells us that Obama gave away the entire cow and let them get nukes so I guess I'll be changing my username to Nostradamus.
    --- Post Merged, May 9, 2018 ---
    That's fine, Un hasn't earned my respect.

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Actually, he gave Jong Un a face to face meeting with the US President.

17. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

You said “I really hate how we have to legitimize the NK leader by acknowledging him with a past president.”

But having the actual sitting president agree to meet with Kim isn’t giving something up?

18. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Has that meeting happened? Nope. That's how you negotiate. Obama should take notes.

19. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It is a win for Trump, and the prisoners. Having people brought home is never bad.

That said, GOAT? Yeah, Lincoln and Reagan, move over. That's what you call overcompensation.

20. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Not unless it's in return for hostages. Trump hasn't met with him. Un put denuclearization on the table for that, Un gave up Americans for free.

Winning.

21. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

His name is Kim (Un is his middle name).

22. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Un is quicker to type.

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

For the record, Obama never gave Kim (Il-Sung or Jong-un) a face to face meeting, and not only did he get prisoners freed, but he even had more freed during his tenure.

Spin that how you will, but any prisoner freed is a win; It's just sad that you only praise it when your man does it but denigrate when the opposite party does it. Such the double standard.

Oh, wait: Picking a side and defending it to the death, even when you know they are wrong.

BL.

24. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama had to send Clinton to secure the hostages (something I stated as reasonable), then millions in food aid to allow NK to develop nukes.

So far Trump has given Kim nothing except a few nicknames and denuclearization is on the table.