Trump seems to feel that immigrants are the cause of all problems

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, Jul 14, 2018.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

One could cherry pick this in many ways to their own likings. In America we have many shootings that take place. Are they all done by immigrants..?

As for Europe, what made them immigrate to Europe in the first place..?

He claims that immigrants are the cause of problems in Europe while he turns a blind eye to the immigrants that are causing war in the Middle East. Talk about cherry picking.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...esidents-shocking-interview/story?id=56560919

2. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Wars and proxy wars from the Bush and Obama administration. Pulling out of Iraq and the rise of ISIS that spread to Syria and then supporting them in Syria! Thanks Obama and Hillary! Now Trump, with General Mattis has to fix all the collateral damage from the imbeciles of the two previous administrations.

3. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

You mean from the imbecile that started all this 3 Presidencies ago (Bush). Today he is adding to what Bush did to fuel more hatred and incitement

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Good thing Trump wasn't President when his grandfather came to this country. Or when his wife did. Although he'd probably let her in because he would only let in "10"s in his opinion.

5. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I'm sure the American Indians wish they'd had a wall. Just saying.

6. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

7. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

Technically he is right that most of the US' problems is due to immigrants.. It is just that the immigration isn't from 2016-2019 but from 1492-2019.

But 2019 minus 1492 is a big number that he might not be able to grasp, so 2019 minus 2016 is more feasible for him.

8. LordVic macrumors 603

I'm not so sure about that

9. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

It’s never the people with all the power, influence, money, and weapons. That’s crazy talk. It’s the people who get stuck on the bottom of their shoe that are the problem and a massive bummer.

10. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

We need to go back a few more administrations to find the imbecile who really started this. Rhetorical question: which administration decided to fight a proxy war in Afghanistan and fund what would morph into Al Quaeda.

[For reference: The origins of al-Qaeda can be traced to the Soviet War in Afghanistan (December 1979 – February 1989). The United States viewed the conflict in Afghanistan in terms of the Cold War, with Marxists on one side and the native Afghan mujahideen on the other. This view led to a CIA program called Operation Cyclone, which channeled funds through Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency to the Afghan Mujahideen. The US government provided substantial financial support to the Afghan Islamic militants. Aid to Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, an Afghan mujahideen leader and founder of the Hezb-e Islami, amounted to more than $600 million. In addition to American aid, Hekmatyar was the recipient of Saudi aid. In the early 1990s, after the US had withdrawn support, Hekmatyar "worked closely" with bin Laden.]

11. Crowbot macrumors 6502

Crowbot

Uh, Mattis left last December. We still have an Acting SOD.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Can you indicate at which point in the article or video Trump says that immigrants are the cause of all problems?

13. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Been said quite a few times by Trump before

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-offered-the-opposite/?utm_term=.484124ad27ed

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...united_states_will_not_be_a_migrant_camp.html

If I might, I -- I just wanted to make a brief statement on immigration and what's happening. And I'll say it very honestly, and I'll say it very straight: Immigration is the fault, and all of the problems that we're having, because we cannot get them to sign legislation

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yep, and we've churned through one of those.

Patrick M. Shanahan served from Jan. 1 until June 23, but resigned after it became clear that his personal problems would come out during a confirmation hearing. Shanahan was replaced by Mark Esper as acting secretary, though during his confirmation hearings Esper has been shunted back to being Secretary of the Army while Richard V. Spencer fulfills that role temporarily.

So, we've technically had four SODs since Trump took office.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

1) those are old articles so my question still stands
    2) he’s saying that all the problems about immigration are “because we cannot get them to sign legislation”.

16. Zenithal macrumors G3

Everyone knows it's the Irish and Italians that cause problems.

/S

The sentiment not long ago.

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I can tell you that it’s true for italians but don’t tell anyone :p

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Obviously, it's the Germans. We should never have let the rejects of Bavaria into the country.

19. Zenithal macrumors G3

I know. I used to know one in my masters program. Stereotypical Italian. Good guy, though. I'd look him up if I could remember his last name.

20. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

To reinforce the stereotypes, sat the moment I want to do a spaghettata di mezzanotte

21. Zenithal macrumors G3

Your diet...

I made aglio e olio today for lunch with some steamed veg on the side. Big bowl of it just for me. Anyway, I remember his first name but don't remember his last. And I only knew where he grew up but good luck anyone figuring out who I'd be talking about decades after the fact. I barely remember the names of anyone else from the time.

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Aglio olio e peperoncino is a classic. Yeah, currently I am basically not eating any pasta due to my efforts at the gym... although sometimes I truly crave it.

23. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

After 40 too much pasta and one can look any where from 3-5 months pregnant. I'm a pasta fan myself and it is not easy to get rid of in the belly area even when going to the gym a few times a week. Only way I found after to burn it off is to fast for a day and then head to the gym on an empty stomach and not eat after for 3 hours after forcing body use to stored fat for energy. Deflation is Quite noticeable in belly area after.

24. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

25. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

It's really all about those buttinski Pilgrims... :) although some of the onshore greeters at the time are said to have discovered that Pilgrims went pretty well with corn. :eek:

The Trump administration, egged on by the notorious Stephen Miller, continues to agitate for a reduction to ZERO on refugee admissions next year. Obviously a campaign ploy, almost certainly illegal, and most alarming to those in the US military and media still trying to get their Iraqi translators and fixers made safe from retaliation.