Trump still has 500 nominations to go

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Eraserhead, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

The telling lack: He will not make those nominations. Why, you ask?

Simple: The less people in those position = the less people who can put a check on the authority and decision making in the White House. He already has a loyalist in his SoS; by not having anyone else there at the State Department, should he unilaterally make a decision, there would be no diplomat to put a check on that decision, should the SoS not be available, further putting the authority in Trump's hands, and further undermining the full faith placed within the Executive Branch.

In short, usurping more power, which could call himself under some serious scrutiny.

BL.

3. Eraserhead thread starter macrumors G4

Eraserhead

On the other hand as soon as there's a crisis he handles imperfectly...

4. Zenithal Suspended

As awful as he is, we don't need a national crisis just to show he's incompetent.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Mid terms? I'd say he will never fulfill them all. Not only for the reasons given, which I agree with, but also because there are only so many halfway qualified people who also want to work for him and can also meet his purity test of never saying a bad word about him. He will just claim that he is trying to save money. And then when something goes wrong because there is not enough staff, he will just blame it on someone else. Which is why he is a dangerous man.

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Works for me. The less time he spends in the White House and the less nominations he makes, the better off America will be.