Trump Supporters Are Worse Than Him

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Just ****ing disgusting. Donald Trump's America folks.

No www know why he keeps the press in a pen.

Most coverage of Donald Trump’s rallies are about people disrupting it. But one American journalist went there and quietly observed what was going on.

He came back shaken and scared.

Jared Yates Sexton is a writer and political correspondent from the state of Georgia.

Yesterday, Donald Trump held a rally in Greensboro, North Carolina. Sexton went there to cover the event, and wrote a series of tweets.

Here they are, in chronological order:

Trump event like a security state. Just watched a girl get denied for being "too alternative."

— Jared Yates Sexton (@JYSexton) June 14, 2016

There's an ungodly amount of extremely drunk people here.

Big seller is a shirt that says Trump That Bitch. Everyone wearing one is being asked to pose for pictures. Big thumbs up. Big grins.

Just got told I don't "look right."

Crowd chanting BUILD THAT WALL BUILD THAT WALL over operatic music.

I don't like Hitler comparisons but that was positively like Nuremburg rally level crazy.

People laughing about how pissed their sisters are going to be. "they deserve it"

First protestor taken out for chanting We Bleed Red

There's a protestor next to me and he's scared to death

Lots of people yelling bitch at Clinton's mention

Crowd won't clap for call for unity with LGBTQ

Crowd member just shouted "gays had it coming"

Saying Orlando shooter shouldn't of been here as child of immigrants

Increase military. Jobs. Refutation of immigrants and minorities.

Bragging that he took credentials from WA Post. Crowd yells Kill them all.

Says Obama lousy president, can't repeat what I'm hearing in the crowd

Fight fights, shoving matches every few minutes

Trump says "take care of our protestor, don't huuuurt him, take him home to mommy"

Trump comparing immigrants to snakes

Trump says not to hurt protestor, several chant HURT HIM HURT HIM

Calls Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas, says he was asked to apologized, will only apologize to Pocahontas. Guy next to me does a war dance

Rally ends. Crowd on way mumbling about immigrants. Vendors yelling HILLARY SUCKS BUT NOT LIKE MONICA. America. 2016.

Just overheard: "you can't trust Latinos. Some maybe but not most"

Overheard: immigrants aren't people, honey

So much casual racism, misogyny, homophobia, and just plain ugliness.

— Jared Yates Sexton (@JYSexton) June 15, 2016

People breaking beer bottles in parking lot, throwing them on ground and at passing cars

Telling myself they're angry about the economy. About changing technology and industry. But there's so much base-level ugliness.

Suv blaring I Am A Real American, waving Trump hats and flipping off homeless and car with Mexican flag. What reality is this

Article tomorrow: there are members of Trump's coalition who've been waiting for years for an excuse to let their hate out.

Clearing out of Greensboro. Thanks for the retweets and comments. Trump's candidacy is a virus that needs cured.

Last edited:

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
Kudos to the guy that told this "mother jones"-idiot he doesn't look right. Amazing intuition.

Reactions: satcomer

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Yeah, that Trump people are kinda dangerous ***holes.
It is, once again, interesting to note that none of the Trump supporters are refuting any of what has been stated, nor the rhetoric, nor the images in the tweets that actually back up what Jared has stated, let alone distanced themselves from it.

That inaction tells more of who and what they are than the words they post.

BL.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Sexton is a creative writer making his bones off of Trump's back.

You got the left doing what they do best. Call names, vilify and distort.

--->> rdowns gleefully sexually attracted to Trump. :D We'll get you a box of Kleenex.

Reactions: obeygiant

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
How do 13 posts all refer to everything but the tweets. Why does who posted them and who disseminated it even matter? Is the implication that these events didn't happen? I find that doubtful. (bradl being a notable exception to my first sentence)

Reactions: Thomas Veil

Renzatic

Suspended
It's one person tweeting his opinions on Trump. That's not exactly journalism. What are we supposed to say?
Well, he's reporting of the goings on surrounding him. This is hardly the only write-up I've seen that's reported similar.

Though to be fair, I think it'd be pretty damn nice if we had some video to go along with these stories to back them up. To play Devil's Advocate for a second, anyone can say anything they want in print. Video would lend a little more credence to it.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Sexton is a creative writer making his bones off of Trump's back.

You got the left doing what they do best. Call names, vilify and distort.

--->> rdowns gleefully sexually attracted to Trump. :D We'll get you a box of Kleenex.
This is amazing, and not just for it's irony. If you're Conservative, great. To think that Trump has your interests in mind because he's (a) Not Hillary and (b) has an (R) in front of his name on a ballot is misguided, if not outright delusional.

We've argued on this forum for years about (R) and (D) Candidates and their policy positions, but this time, many who oppose Trump (myself included) do it not from a Partisan viewpoint (I mean how many concrete policy positions does he have?), but from the fact that he is a walking red-flag...
[doublepost=1466203011][/doublepost]
It's one person tweeting his opinions on Trump. That's not exactly journalism. What are we supposed to say?
I don't know - something about the tweets. Aren't the implications pretty horrific?

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
We've argued on this forum for years about (R) and (D) Candidates and their policy positions, but this time, many who oppose Trump (myself included) do it not from a Partisan viewpoint (I mean how many concrete policy positions does he have?), but from the fact that he is a walking red-flag...
It doesn't matter who ran in this presidential election. 99.9% of PSRI will vote on whether there is a "D" or an "R" after their name.

I am the only exception to this rule.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
He's capturing the the moment and atmosphere of what happens during/at a Trump Rally. That indeed is journalism; he's telling the story by letting the words and actions of others BE THE STORY.

Better yet, here's an exact definition of what he's doing, in English Literature terms:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narration#Third-person.2C_objective

The third-person objective employs a narrator who tells a story without describing any character's thoughts, opinions, or feelings; instead, it gives an objective, unbiased point of view. Often the narrator is self-dehumanized in order to make the narrative more neutral. This type of narrative mode, outside of fiction, is often employed by newspaper articles, biographical documents, and scientific journals. This narrative mode can be described as a "fly-on-the-wall" or "camera lens" approach that can only record the observable actions but does not interpret these actions or relay what thoughts are going through the minds of the characters. Works of fiction that use this style emphasize characters acting out their feelings observably. Internal thoughts, if expressed, are given voice through an aside or soliloquy. While this approach does not allow the author to reveal the unexpressed thoughts and feelings of the characters, it does allow the author to reveal information that not all or any of the characters may be aware of.
Jared knows nothing of the feelings each person he saw there has, and only is relaying the things he is seeing and hearing. Other than that he knows absolutely nothing of the people there. Opinions? Hardly.

BL.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
Yeah, that Trump people are kinda dangerous ***holes.
You just called me and other Trump supporters dangerous *******s.

Nice bigotry you got going there.
Cultivate it and don't let it escape your safe space.
[doublepost=1466203241][/doublepost]
It doesn't matter who ran in this presidential election. 99.9% of PSRI will vote on whether there is a "D" or an "R" after their name.

I am the only exception to this rule.
No. You are not the only exception.

Reactions: satcomer