Trump Surrogate Tweets Cartoon Of Hillary Clinton In Blackface

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

hillary.jpg

"Pastor Mark Burns, an African-American supporter of Donald Trump who has been defending the candidate's recent outreach to minority voters in the media, tweeted a cartoon Monday of Hillary Clinton in blackface, mocking her outreach to black voters."

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/29/49185...weets-cartoon-of-hillary-clinton-in-blackface

The pastor apologized for the tweet but not the message he was trying to convey.

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Dang, that's arguably worse than the purported "bring them to heel" as people say Clinton said... (I still think she said "heal", but all that is a different discussion...)

But "use you again"? Is that deliberate on the pastor's part? Oh well, at least he isn't white I suppose, imagine the **** storm that would brew if some white guy said the identical verbiage.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

What, we've become such sensitive snowflakes that we're now triggered by an editorial cartoon???

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

She said "heel" for sure. I believe that was the same speech were she referenced the "black super predators".

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

rumors had it Hillary paid to fill the DNC convention & killed anyone who was a threat to her, rumors are handy when they suit a particular agenda :D

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Careful buddy. I don't want you added to that pile.

8. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

9. MarkusL macrumors 6502

So is this a hilarious genuine Branco or a tasteless fake Branco? I can't tell the difference anymore. Disciples of Branco, please clarify.

10. 1458279 Suspended

It's amazing that people don't see Hillary's "Look, I'm just like you people, so vote for me..." as racist, yet see it as racist when someone points it out to them.

She panders to anyone with money or votes. Look at where her money comes from. She doesn't give a dam about anyone but herself. She's made herself rich, very, very rich selling access to her power.

11. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Black people by definition cannot be racist. Nothing to see here folks.

12. 1458279 Suspended

Same logic as diversity groups that only include some people.

Remember, Germany had a "Stronger Together" mentality. Stronger together doesn't mean inclusive of all views, it means agree with us and we'll be stronger.

13. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

That Hillary doesn't have the best interests of the black community at heart? That she will pander to retain their support all the while supporting policies that hurt poor and middle-class blacks (and whites and any other race) while achieving her vision of what America should be?

It seems to me that the pantomime of blackface is wholly appropriate.

And I'm a minority, so I'm allowed to say that.

14. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I don't know how anyone could look at either of these candidates and think "They're just like me." Hillary hasn't driven in 20 plus years and Trump has his own helicopter and plane.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm so tired of this election season.

17. 1458279 Suspended

At some point, it's just change the dam channel, at least it'll be a different channel.

ChangeChannel.jpg