Trump Taps Anti-Contraceptive Activist To Oversee Family Planning Program

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, May 2, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Well here we go a perfect person for family planning person who does not believe in birth controlled thinks its bad.where have I heard that there are no pro lifers who don't believe in birth control?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teresa-manning-contraception-hhs_us_5907582ae4b05c397680d921

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"roughly half of whom are uninsured." How can this be we were assured that Obamacare would be there for these people!

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is called states that deny healthcare for their people cause you know republicans and all.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Obamacare reduced the number of uninsured as it was supposed to. It didn't eliminate them and never was intended to.

Now how about you address the @&$* issue.

I would hope that pro life people are against this as it will only serve to increase the number of abortions if access to contraception is restricted.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Here's me addressing the issue. Can't feed'em. Don't breed'em. They all can starve to death for all I care.

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I think contraceptives and plan b should be available to people. Its a sure fire way to reduce abortions. Right?

8. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

i guess she is purging her horrible website. like mcdonalds causes homosexuality.
    half of rape allegations are false. homosexuals advance breakup of childless families. someone archived her stupid from her web page as she purges it.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Sorry, I had thought you were one of the people who claimed to be pro life. I see now I was wrong.

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I agree with the blue text, not the red.

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

They are available. All you have to do is pay for them. They even sell condoms at most gas stations.
    --- Post Merged, May 2, 2017 ---
    I'm all for personal responsibility.

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

So I'm assuming you support giving people access to birth control so they can have a choice about when they get pregnant?

13. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

But @mrkramer - and @steve knight - you both know that many pro-lifers are not simply against the provision and availability of safe, reliable and affordable birth control, - and this is not about cost (though that is what they will attempt to argue) but, rather, it is about punishment and control.

This is about the restoration of a world where they actually want to punish sexually active women for daring to have agency, and autonomy (and worse, consequence free pleasure) in their sex lives, or to desire to have a sex life that may be autonomous and free of unwanted consequences.

They want to return to the old days of fear, fright, punishment, social death, public humiliation, and associating the thrills and pleasure of sex with the terror of unwanted pregnancy - an association ineluctably linked in the minds of many women at that time.

But this comes as no surprise.

We know the President to be a spectacularly ignorant individual, a narcissistic sociopath, a vulgarian who despises and dislikes women, and detests any manifestation of the social, economic, political and legal changes that have benefitted many since the 1950s, hence, his comprehensive attempt to repeal or roll back such changes.

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

They sell birth control on amazon. Gas Stations and corner stores in just about every neighborhood. Only gas station that doesn't sell condoms would be UDF.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Every person in America has the CHOICE to walk into Walgreens or any other place and BUY THEIR OWN CONTRACEPTION.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LifeStyles-Ultra-Sensitive-Condoms-40ct/17324884

Check out the link. $0.28 per condom. That's pretty affordable. If you can't afford $0.28 to get down then you have no business having sex in the first place.
    LOL,

Don't empty your entire false propaganda bag in one post. The day is young.

16. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Good Lord thank you. I really have no idea how people don't get this.

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I think Plan B is abortion.

18. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

The federal funding aside, this woman is arguing that contraception doesn't work, that the morning-after pill is "destroying a already-formed life" (it isn't) and that the link between abortion and breast cancer is "undisputed" (horse hockey!). This makes appointing Betsy Amway as Secretary of Education look brilliant.

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

They aren't being sold individually. Even so $11 plus whatever sales tax is in your area isn't too expensive, but it is more than some poor people can get together. And sure it is great to say that if you can't afford it then you just shouldn't have sex, but it is human nature to want to have sex and that is not going to change. So we are still stuck with either poor people not being able to afford condoms or them getting pregnant and having no choice but an abortion.

20. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Thank you for your input. We now return to Reality, already in progress.

21. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

glad your so ignorant of it got some real scientific proof to back it up? all it is is stronger birth control pills it does not cause abortion and only works if it is done soon enough before the egg is fertilized. but hey don't let facts getting the way.
    not sure if there is much here right ow. you notice no comments on how horrible this person is???

22. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

How do you know this?

Do you actually know someone who can't scratch together $11 for a box of condoms that will last most people a couple months?

23. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm sorry. But even $11 isn't too much for anyone I can think of. Here is the simple truth of it; Sex is a choice. You can choose to do it safely or you can choose to do it carelessly. The choice is yours, as are the consequences. No one should be paying the cost of you getting off other than you. No one should be paying the cost of your sexual choices other that you.
    LOL. Returning to reality says the guy who lives in "The Evildrome Boozerama".

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Science doesn't give a **** about what you think.

How does preventing attachment to the uterine wall equal abortion?

25. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yes I do. And they tend to be parents of kids who later get taken away by child protective services. Now which do you think is cheaper for you. The government paying for birth control or the government paying to house and feed those kids?