Trump Taps Anti-Contraceptive Activist To Oversee Family Planning Program

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Well here we go a perfect person for family planning person who does not believe in birth controlled thinks its bad.where have I heard that there are no pro lifers who don't believe in birth control?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teresa-manning-contraception-hhs_us_5907582ae4b05c397680d921

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has appointed Teresa Manning, an anti-abortion activist who has argued that “contraception doesn’t work,” to oversee a federal family planning program for low-income Americans.

Manning, a former lobbyist with the National Right to Life Committee and legislative analyst for the conservative Family Research Council, will serve as deputy assistant secretary for population affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services. The Office of Population Affairs administers the Title X program, which subsidizes contraception, Pap smears and other preventive health care services for 4 million low-income Americans, roughly half of whom are uninsured.

Manning has said she opposes federal family planning funding, and she has a long history of making false claims about birth control and women’s health.

“Of course, contraception doesn’t work,” she said in a 2003 NPR interview. “Its efficacy is very low especially when you consider over years, which you know a lot of contraception health advocates want, to start women in their adolescent years when they’re extremely fertile, incidentally. And continue for 10, 20, 30 years, over that span of time the prospect that contraception would always prevent the conception of a child is preposterous.”

Manning has referred to abortion as “legalized crime” and mistakenly argued that emergency contraception, which can prevent pregnancy for up to 72 hours after unprotected sex, is “the destruction of a human life already conceived.” (It’s not.) She has also claimed that the link between abortion and breast cancer is “undisputed,” when there is actually no evidence of a causal relationship between the two.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
"roughly half of whom are uninsured." How can this be we were assured that Obamacare would be there for these people!
Obamacare reduced the number of uninsured as it was supposed to. It didn't eliminate them and never was intended to.

Now how about you address the @&$* issue.

I would hope that pro life people are against this as it will only serve to increase the number of abortions if access to contraception is restricted.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
Obamacare reduced the number of uninsured as it was supposed to. It didn't eliminate them and never was intended to.

I would hope that pro life people are against this as it will only serve to increase the number of abortions if access to contraception is restricted.
Here's me addressing the issue. Can't feed'em. Don't breed'em. They all can starve to death for all I care.

Reactions: satcomer

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
i guess she is purging her horrible website. like mcdonalds causes homosexuality.
half of rape allegations are false. homosexuals advance breakup of childless families. someone archived her stupid from her web page as she purges it.

Reactions: arkitect

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
I think contraceptives and plan b should be available to people. Its a sure fire way to reduce abortions. Right?
They are available. All you have to do is pay for them. They even sell condoms at most gas stations.
[doublepost=1493738718][/doublepost]
Sorry, I had thought you were one of the people who claimed to be pro life. I see now I was wrong.
I'm all for personal responsibility.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Well here we go a perfect person for family planning person who does not believe in birth controlled thinks its bad.where have I heard that there are no pro lifers who don't believe in birth control?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teresa-manning-contraception-hhs_us_5907582ae4b05c397680d921

But @mrkramer - and @steve knight - you both know that many pro-lifers are not simply against the provision and availability of safe, reliable and affordable birth control, - and this is not about cost (though that is what they will attempt to argue) but, rather, it is about punishment and control.

This is about the restoration of a world where they actually want to punish sexually active women for daring to have agency, and autonomy (and worse, consequence free pleasure) in their sex lives, or to desire to have a sex life that may be autonomous and free of unwanted consequences.

They want to return to the old days of fear, fright, punishment, social death, public humiliation, and associating the thrills and pleasure of sex with the terror of unwanted pregnancy - an association ineluctably linked in the minds of many women at that time.

But this comes as no surprise.

We know the President to be a spectacularly ignorant individual, a narcissistic sociopath, a vulgarian who despises and dislikes women, and detests any manifestation of the social, economic, political and legal changes that have benefitted many since the 1950s, hence, his comprehensive attempt to repeal or roll back such changes.

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
So I'm assuming you support giving people access to birth control so they can have a choice about when they get pregnant?
Every person in America has the CHOICE to walk into Walgreens or any other place and BUY THEIR OWN CONTRACEPTION.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LifeStyles-Ultra-Sensitive-Condoms-40ct/17324884

Check out the link. $0.28 per condom. That's pretty affordable. If you can't afford $0.28 to get down then you have no business having sex in the first place.
[doublepost=1493739374][/doublepost]
But @mrkramer - and @steve knight - you both know that many pro-lifers are not simply against the provision and availability of safe, reliable and affordable birth control, - and this is not about cost (though that is what they will attempt to argue) but, rather, it is about punishment and control.

This is about the restoration of a world where they actually want to punish sexually active women for daring to have agency, and autonomy (and worse, consequence free pleasure) in their sex lives, or to desire to have a sex life that may be autonomous and free of unwanted consequences.

They want to return to the old days of fear, fright, punishment, social death, public humiliation, and associating the thrills and pleasure of sex with the terror of unwanted pregnancy - an association ineluctably linked in the minds of many women at that time.

But this comes as no surprise.

We know the President to be a spectacularly ignorant individual, a narcissistic sociopath, a vulgarian who despises and dislikes women, and detests any manifestation of the social, economic, political and legal changes that have benefitted many since the 1950s, hence, his comprehensive attempt to repeal or roll back such changes.
LOL,

Don't empty your entire false propaganda bag in one post. The day is young.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Every person in America has the CHOICE to walk into Walgreens or any other place and BUY THEIR OWN CONTRACEPTION.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LifeStyles-Ultra-Sensitive-Condoms-40ct/17324884

Check out the link. $0.28 per condom. That's pretty affordable. If you can't afford $0.28 to get down then you have no business having sex in the first place.
[doublepost=1493739374][/doublepost]
LOL,

Don't empty your entire false propaganda bag in one post. The day is young.
Good Lord thank you. I really have no idea how people don't get this.

Reactions: Gutwrench

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
The federal funding aside, this woman is arguing that contraception doesn't work, that the morning-after pill is "destroying a already-formed life" (it isn't) and that the link between abortion and breast cancer is "undisputed" (horse hockey!). This makes appointing Betsy Amway as Secretary of Education look brilliant.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
They aren't being sold individually. Even so $11 plus whatever sales tax is in your area isn't too expensive, but it is more than some poor people can get together. And sure it is great to say that if you can't afford it then you just shouldn't have sex, but it is human nature to want to have sex and that is not going to change. So we are still stuck with either poor people not being able to afford condoms or them getting pregnant and having no choice but an abortion.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I think Plan B is abortion.
glad your so ignorant of it got some real scientific proof to back it up? all it is is stronger birth control pills it does not cause abortion and only works if it is done soon enough before the egg is fertilized. but hey don't let facts getting the way.
[doublepost=1493739963][/doublepost]
Thank you for your input. We now return to Reality, already in progress.
not sure if there is much here right ow. you notice no comments on how horrible this person is???

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
They aren't being sold individually. Even so $11 plus whatever sales tax is in your area isn't too expensive, but it is more than some poor people can get together. And sure it is great to say that if you can't afford it then you just shouldn't have sex, but it is human nature to want to have sex and that is not going to change. So we are still stuck with either poor people not being able to afford condoms or them getting pregnant and having no choice but an abortion.
I'm sorry. But even $11 isn't too much for anyone I can think of. Here is the simple truth of it; Sex is a choice. You can choose to do it safely or you can choose to do it carelessly. The choice is yours, as are the consequences. No one should be paying the cost of you getting off other than you. No one should be paying the cost of your sexual choices other that you.
[doublepost=1493740320][/doublepost]
Thank you for your input. We now return to Reality, already in progress.
LOL. Returning to reality says the guy who lives in "The Evildrome Boozerama".

Reactions: BeeGood

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
How do you know this?

Do you actually know someone who can't scratch together $11 for a box of condoms that will last most people a couple months?
Yes I do. And they tend to be parents of kids who later get taken away by child protective services. Now which do you think is cheaper for you. The government paying for birth control or the government paying to house and feed those kids?