Trump taps top abortion foe to chair anti-abortion coalition

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Sep 17, 2016.

1. steve knight
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

steve knight

so trump picks a true hate filled person again. this women would rather let woman die then have a abortion. talk about pandering to the religious right. But I am sure he has impressed more females with this.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-marjorie-dannenfelser-abortion-228252

2. Mac'nCheese
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

And of course trump has always supported a woman's right to choose until he realized republicans would believe anything and suddenly he became one.

3. zioxide
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

zioxide

Trump is the poster child for why people should have abortions.

4. Mac'nCheese
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Pretty sure he's an abortion survivor.

5. Phil in ocala
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Phil in ocala

>>>>>>>>
    First things done in Berlin in 1934: Cut corporate taxes to 15%, made Abortion a criminal offense for women and doctor, promised to make German Great Again by building up the German Military to a stage bigger than ever....Built autobahn construction project, appointing Fritz Todt, the Inspector General of German Road Construction, to lead it. By 1936, 130,000 workers were directly employed in construction, as well as an additional 270,000 in the supply chain,neutralized the news media etc......

6. GermanSuplex
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

If conservatives really cared about abortion, they'd stop inflicting their religion into law, join forces with liberals and educate. Liberals aren't "pro-abortion", nobody I know is. Nobody wants to see anyone have an unwanted pregnancy. But some zealots think a damn fertilized egg is a human being. The same ones who think a blizzard means global warming is a farce.

Education is the key. But... at the end of the day, abortions will occur regardless, the question is do you want it done safely and legally, or by other means?

Of course, we know many male conservatives aren't really against abortion. They're against other people having abortions, not their mistress.

7. RedKite
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

RedKite

I’ve noticed that. Reason number 20,000 why conservatives are horrid.

8. NT1440
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G4

NT1440

Keep an eye on the bills in Congress. Lindsay Graham basically outlined how he’s going to spearhead a new legal strategy (meaning precedent doesn’t matter) to outlaw abortion (in reality, regulate the time window so narrowly it will be impossible to get one even though you have the technical legality to) in Gorsuch’s confirmation hearings.

December 12th 2016 is the hearing date I believe. I read the transcript on a plane and it jumped right out to me what the angle is here and specifically why Gorsuch was chosen. His entire career has been based around weaseling out of precedent by focusing on a new arbitrary angle so precedent doesn’t apply.