Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Kinda disagree with Giuliani on this. Well, I strongly disagree. :)
Whoever is indicted - if anyone - with the use of the report has a right to reply. That's it.
I thought Trump and Rudy were working on a rebuttal anyway? I mean it's not like the report (if it's made public) isn't going to go without challenges from Trump...

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2015
That's not how this works, Rudy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424871-exclusive-trump-team-should-be-allowed-to-correct-final-mueller

“As a matter of fairness, they should show it to you — so we can correct it if they’re wrong,” said the former New York City mayor, who is a member of Trump's personal legal team. “They’re not God, after all. They could be wrong.”
This is no surprise, Trump and his team's corruption make Nixon look like a boy scout. In the end, the Democratic House will ensure it gets legally released in its entirety. Had the Republicans never lost it I'm all but certain we would've never known the full truth.

Reactions: millerj123

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
That's not how this works, Rudy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424871-exclusive-trump-team-should-be-allowed-to-correct-final-mueller

“As a matter of fairness, they should show it to you — so we can correct it if they’re wrong,” said the former New York City mayor, who is a member of Trump's personal legal team. “They’re not God, after all. They could be wrong.”
The attack dog is high on Trump. I wonder what orifice he gets his hit from?

jerwin

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2015
Since the report is prosecutorial, a challenge is kinda mandated.
I've been in a jury pool twice. In the first instance, the judge informed us that the defense did not plan to call any witnesses, and asked if the jurors understood that prosecution still needed to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. I was an alternate to an alternate, so after voir dire, I went home paying no further attention to how the jury decided the case/
In the second instance, the same question was asked, and as promised, the defense rested immediately, confident that it had poked enough holes in the prosecution's case. Eventually, we agreed.

So, there isn't a mandate per se. But it's not a criminal case. It's would be an impeachment trial, and the Senators use their own individual judgements.

The real issue is whether the President's lawyers have the right to alter Mueller's report prior to publications, or even have the right to see the report before it is issued.

Last edited:

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I've been in a jury pool twice. In the first instance, the judge informed us that the defense did not plan to call any witnesses, and asked if the jurors understood that prosecution still needed to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. I was an alternate to an alternate, so after voir dire, I went home paying no further attention to how the jury decided the case/
In the second instance, the same question was asked, and as promised, the defense rested, confident that it had poked enough holes in the prosecutions case. Eventually, we agreed.

So, there isn't a mandate per se. But it's not a criminal case. It's would be an impeachment trial, and the Senators use their own individual judgements.

The real issue is whether the President's lawyers have the right to alter Mueller's report prior to publications, or even have the right to see the report before it is issued.
A defendant is entitled to a defense (in a criminal case). No idea about impeachment rules and regulations - there are probably ten or less experts in the nations - but I would be surprised if there was no entitlement to a defense.

As for your question, I don’t think that the lawyers have any right to modify or see before the publication.

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
US politics have officially become a reality show… how about… how about people get to vote by phone?

Press 1 if you want to see Trump go down.
Press 2 if you want to see Trump declared ¡El Presidento para siempre!
Press 3 if you want to see Melania in PlayBoy.
In 2026, democracies will decide their leaders by the number of Facebook Likes.

Reactions: niji and arkitect

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
US politics have officially become a reality show… how about… how about people get to vote by phone?

Press 1 if you want to see Trump go down.
Press 2 if you want to see Trump declared ¡El Presidento para siempre!
Press 3 if you want to see Melania in PlayBoy.
I’m quite certain Trump is already considering a very similar pitch. Or maybe it will be more like MTV’s Real World, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW edition. Since Trump has pretty much barred the press, why not bring in a private television crew to follow around White House workers. Trump will work with producers who make him look good and make everyone else look awful and untrustworthy (gotta keep the viewers on Trump’s side in case more of his staff leave and turn against him).

Or maybe he will just fall back on the tried and true Apprentice model. He already fires just as many people from the White House.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
When the hell are you gonna stop obsessing with clinton ? She aint president.

You DO know the difference between the president and a citizen right ?
When she’s in jail for her crimes.
Wait. So when trump leaves office 2024 no more investigations for him? Is that how it works?