Trump team should be allowed to ‘correct’ final Mueller report, says Giuliani

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jan 11, 2019.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Kinda disagree with Giuliani on this. Well, I strongly disagree. :)
    Whoever is indicted - if anyone - with the use of the report has a right to reply. That's it.

3. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

US politics have officially become a reality show… how about… how about people get to vote by phone?

Press 1 if you want to see Trump go down.
    Press 2 if you want to see Trump declared ¡El Presidento para siempre!
    Press 3 if you want to see Melania in PlayBoy.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I thought Trump and Rudy were working on a rebuttal anyway? I mean it's not like the report (if it's made public) isn't going to go without challenges from Trump...

5. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Someone should ask Rudy how much time he gave Paul Castellano and Ivan Boesky to "correct" their indictments when Rudy was the US Attorney in the SDNY.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Since the report is prosecutorial, a challenge is kinda mandated.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'm pretty sure Rudy meant that he should be able to altar Mueller's report as they see fit before it goes public (if it goes). I could be wrong. But that's what their line of logic/thinking has been.

8. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

This is no surprise, Trump and his team's corruption make Nixon look like a boy scout. In the end, the Democratic House will ensure it gets legally released in its entirety. Had the Republicans never lost it I'm all but certain we would've never known the full truth.

9. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The attack dog is high on Trump. I wonder what orifice he gets his hit from?

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Clinton got away with changing her investigation into a "matter"............................

11. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

The former U.S. Attorney for SDNY would not recognize the Rudy Giuliani of today. He's just yet another public figure who has debased himself through association with Trump.

12. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I do believe there is a branch of Government that deals with this specifically...

13. chown33 macrumors 604

It's the Ministry of Silly Walks, isn't it?

14. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

15. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

This thread has nothing to do with Hillary.

16. jerwin, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019

jerwin macrumors 68020

I've been in a jury pool twice. In the first instance, the judge informed us that the defense did not plan to call any witnesses, and asked if the jurors understood that prosecution still needed to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. I was an alternate to an alternate, so after voir dire, I went home paying no further attention to how the jury decided the case/
    In the second instance, the same question was asked, and as promised, the defense rested immediately, confident that it had poked enough holes in the prosecution's case. Eventually, we agreed.

So, there isn't a mandate per se. But it's not a criminal case. It's would be an impeachment trial, and the Senators use their own individual judgements.

The real issue is whether the President's lawyers have the right to alter Mueller's report prior to publications, or even have the right to see the report before it is issued.

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

A defendant is entitled to a defense (in a criminal case). No idea about impeachment rules and regulations - there are probably ten or less experts in the nations - but I would be surprised if there was no entitlement to a defense.

As for your question, I don’t think that the lawyers have any right to modify or see before the publication.

18. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

well played sir.

19. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

In 2026, democracies will decide their leaders by the number of Facebook Likes.

20. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

I’m quite certain Trump is already considering a very similar pitch. Or maybe it will be more like MTV’s Real World, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW edition. Since Trump has pretty much barred the press, why not bring in a private television crew to follow around White House workers. Trump will work with producers who make him look good and make everyone else look awful and untrustworthy (gotta keep the viewers on Trump’s side in case more of his staff leave and turn against him).

Or maybe he will just fall back on the tried and true Apprentice model. He already fires just as many people from the White House.

21. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

It shows we have two sided justice system.

22. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

When the hell are you gonna stop obsessing with clinton ? She aint president.

You DO know the difference between the president and a citizen right ?

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

When she’s in jail for her crimes.
    Wait. So when trump leaves office 2024 no more investigations for him? Is that how it works?

24. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

When he "leaves" office he will be prosecuted lol

25. jerwin macrumors 68020

assuming that the applicable statute of limitations is tolled.