Trump tells congresswomen to go back to the crime infested places from which they came

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Trump has said a lot of disgusting things but this is one of the worst. Maybe he’s referring to congresswoman
Ilhan Abdullah Omar (she was born in Somalia) but he says “they” not “she” which indicates plural to me. So then he must be assuming AOC (born in NYC), Rashida Tlaib (born in Detroit) and Ayanna Pressley (born in Chicago) were not born in the United States. Basically Trump is saying if you’re of a certain ethnicity you’re not really an American and should go back to where ancestors came from. And some still argue he’s not fomenting racism within the Republican base. Disgusting.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
The Democrats are cracking up. All Trump has to do is stand on the sidelines and watch maybe throwing in a little pro-Nancy trolling once in a while. Instead he does this.

Reactions: Glockworkorange

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Trump has said a lot of disgusting things but this is one of the worst. Maybe he’s referring to congresswoman
Ilhan Abdullah Omar (she was born in Somalia) but he says “they” not “she” which indicates plural to me. So then he must be assuming AOC (born in NYC), Rashida Tlaib (born in Detroit) and Ayanna Pressley (born in Chicago) were not born in the United States. Basically Trump is saying if you’re of a certain ethnicity you’re not really an American and should go back to where ancestors came from. And some still argue he’s not fomenting racism within the Republican base. Disgusting.

I'm really sick and tired of Donald Trump politicizing our highest elective office to take potshots at elected officials of the other party, never mind at whoever else happens to cross his mind and manages to land in the crosshairs of his Twittergun.

This guy Trump is totally out of line and his own party leaders stand there and gawk... or post mild statements of disapproval to distance themselves in case any of their dwindling moderate voters might notice that what just happened (yet again, yet again, oh yet again today even?) was so unPresidential as to resemble a really bad made-for-TV dumpster-rated send-up movie about politics in America. Yeah, here... our politics... our president... not a send-up of politics and leaders in the countries Trump is mocking.

Why is he still even in possession of a smartphone? He's so bad a representative of American leadership that I don't even feel like laughing at the GOP any more for not taking that phone out of his hands and locking his Twitter account down for use only by the WH press office as a mirror of whatever they put on their website in the way of public statements.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
And right on cue:
Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi)
7/14/19, 9:16 AM
When ⁦‪@realDonaldTrump‬⁩ tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to “Make America Great Again” has always been about making America white again.

Our diversity is our strength and our unity is our power.
And every Republican congressperson is cursing under their breath as the focus is no longer on the intro-dem squabble but rather Trump sounding like a racist.

EDIT: and MAGA world just laughed at these tweets saying Trump felt comedic this morning.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1150405539920338944/pu/vid/1280x720/Dd_HDqFjgzbWKqMC.mp4?tag=10

Last edited:

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
And right on cue:

And every Republican congressperson is cursing under their breath as the focus is no longer on the intro-dem squabble but rather Trump sounding like a racist.
That's going to be the story for the GOP throughout the ramp up to 2020 elections. And yet even today there's some piece in the WaPo I think it is (haven't read it yet, bumped into the headline) about how the so-called moderate "never Trump" Republicans are rethinking their past plans to try to head Trump off at the pass. No guts, no glory? And then the stuff like this tweet and the Dems' reaction is what the GOP can expect. Choice is theirs.

Every time I start thinking it might almost be time for the Dems to shift gears and buckle down to a more coherent message instead of doing more brainstorming on policy in public, Trump pops up and essentially says "that's ok, just watch me, it's so much more entertaining then a Dem food fight any day of the week." Hey, if the GOP leadership thinks so too then... the enemy of our enemy is our frenemy Donnie.

But it's indisputable that Trump acting like he does is damaging to global image of the US and doubtless makes some of our international relationships somewhat dicey. One wonders if allies withhold intel info from this reckless moron, for instance.

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
EDIT: and MAGA world just laughed at these tweets saying Trump felt comedic this morning.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1150405539920338944/pu/vid/1280x720/Dd_HDqFjgzbWKqMC.mp4?tag=10
MAGA world is not going to be able to re-elect Donald Trump and is entirely capable of shifting some indie voters the GOP can ill afford to lose in the direction of Dem candidates for the House, or more alarmingly for McConnell, Dems running to displace Republican U.S. Senators.

The Rs have 22 seats to defend in the Senate in 2020. Every buck they have to spend on helping some Senator hang onto his possibly not so safe now Republican seat in that body is a dollar they can't dump into ditching blue occupants of House seats that just flipped in 2018. Meanwhile their targets among those House seats are racking up pretty good grassroots donation numbers towards their re-election.

Trump must be making the RNC crazy yet the office of what's her name... Romney's niece isn't she? some kin of his... is apparently leakproof or else I'm not reading the juicy blogs.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
That's going to be the story for the GOP throughout the ramp up to 2020 elections. And yet even today there's some piece in the WaPo I think it is (haven't read it yet, bumped into the headline) about how the so-called moderate "never Trump" Republicans are rethinking their past plans to try to head Trump off at the pass. No guts, no glory? And then the stuff like this tweet and the Dems' reaction is what the GOP can expect. Choice is theirs.

Every time I start thinking it might almost be time for the Dems to shift gears and buckle down to a more coherent message instead of doing more brainstorming on policy in public, Trump pops up and essentially says "that's ok, just watch me, it's so much more entertaining then a Dem food fight any day of the week." Hey, if the GOP leadership thinks so too then... the enemy of our enemy is our frenemy Donnie.

But it's indisputable that Trump acting like he does is damaging to global image of the US and doubtless makes some of our international relationships somewhat dicey. One wonders if allies withhold intel info from this reckless moron, for instance.
There’s nothing so-called Never Trump Republicans can do when 90% of the base supports Trump. They might have a constituency with independents or people who are more centrist but with an entrenched 2 party system these people don’t really have a place to go. So they either don’t vote at all or vote for the person they think is less bad.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Just a reminder of people "going back"
Twitter said:
David Rothkopf‏Verified account @djrothkopf
Remember the time Trump's grandpa tried to go back to where he came from (Germany) after his whorehouse & horsemeat establishment in the Yukon went bust and then they wouldn't have him and they kicked him out and right back to us?
Yes it's true, it's explained in the first paragraph on wikipedia

Reactions: hulugu

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Another soundbite for 2020 at least. I would love for someone to create a clip of everything racist, bigoted thing Trump has said from the moment he came down his escalator, from the "fine people on both sides", to the "I'm a nationalist!" comment, up until this.

With each word, he's knitting a cloth with the words "I'm a bigot!" right in the middle, yet his base will never see it.

Reactions: JayMysterio

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
I seem to recall a time in the distant past when the President was not spending every waking hour trying to find ways to insult and/or berate people that he didn't like, or disagreed with.

Which, I guess, was every other person who ever held the office of President.