Trump - "That was a retweet - that wasn't me"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 13, 2019.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump tried to defend retweeting a conspiracy tweet about Clinton and Epstein. For someone who spends so much time tweeting, he seems to not understand that it doesn't matter if he didn't write it. As POTUS, when he retweets something, it's an endorsement.

When confronted about it - he had this to say:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...nspiracy-theory-linking-bill-clinton-n1041841

“He is a very highly respected conservative pundit,” Trump said Tuesday of Terrence K. Williams, the man whose tweet the president shared.

“He's a big Trump fan. And that was a retweet. That wasn't from me. That was from him. But he's a man with half a million followers, a lot of followers,” Trump continued, speaking to reporters as he traveled from his summer getaway in Bedminster, New Jersey, to Pennsylvania.

“Basically what we're saying is, we want an investigation. I want a full investigation,” Trump added.

2. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Obviously, Trump is still affected by the loss of his close friend, Jeffrey Epstein and making him say crazy things.

3. sim667 macrumors 65816

Or he's upset he can't go on any more "retreats"

4. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

yeah, with republicans only :rolleyes:

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I see we're trying to deflect again because criticizing Trump (alone) is too painful for some.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

You must be an authority on deflection. Because this is your mainstay when you don’t like the answer.