Trump - The Gaslighting Golfer

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, May 14, 2019.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Truly amazing.

https://www.good.is/articles/trump-golf-cheat

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/03/10/president-trump-club-championship-did-not-enter/

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/...a-kids-ball-to-cheat-at-golf-is-fully-bananas

In an interview with Vox, Reilly describes the almost surreal interaction that then took place:

Ted tries to laugh it off, but Trump is dead serious. Trump says, "We're gonna play these last six holes for the championship." And Ted's like, "Oh, well, I'm playing with my son, but thanks anyway." But Trump says, "It's okay. Your son can play, too." So what are you going to do? He's the president. It's his course. They end up playing.

Apparently, they get to a hole with a big pond in front of the green. Both Ted and his son hit the ball on the green, but Trump hits his in the water. By the time they get to the hole, though, Trump is lining up the son's ball. Only now it's his ball and the caddie has switched it.

The son is like, "That's my ball!" But Trump's caddie goes, "No, this is the president's ball; your ball went in the water." Ted and his son look at each other confused, not sure if this is really happening.

2. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

President or not, I wouldn't take that ****. So he wants to cheat? We aren't finishing that game. I'll live stream your cheating *******.

3. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I think I’ve posted on here before the stories one of my partners has told me about Trump. He’s a member at Trump’s Virginia golf club and there are numerous stories about Trump cheating, including multiple threats to fire caddies and other employees who balked at helping him cheat. You can argue that it’s irrelevant, but it’s just more evidence that he completely lacks any sense of ethical conduct.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Stories? There's a whole book!

Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump
    https://www.amazon.com/Commander-Cheat-Golf-Explains-Trump/dp/0316528080/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1_sspa

5. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

He thinks he's above the law, not surprised he thinks he's above the rules of golfing.

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

A man without honour.

In golf tournaments, up to and including the highest levels of the professional game, players are expected to keep their own score. To write down on a little card how many strokes it takes them to complete each hole, and to turn this in to the score keeper upon completion of the round. And, with very few exceptions, players do not cheat. Much of the game of golf is played within sight of other players, of caddies, groundskeepers, and spectators. TV cameras.

Any player turning in a false or inaccurate scorecard in a PGA-sanctioned tournament used to be immediately disqualified. In 2015 this rule was changed to a two-shot penalty being added to their (corrected) score.

It's hard, in retrospect, not to see this as, if not an omen, then surely a reflection of the softening of our society's regard for the concept of honour.

As of 2015, no longer would a cheat be disqualified. He'd only face a penalty if he got caught.

7. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

It has long been known that Trump cheats at golf, but cheating a child out of his ball is a true alpha troll move. Even Putin and Kim Jong Un are probably reading this and thinking, "Dude... I think you might have gone a little too low there."