Trump - "There are a lot of killers."

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Feb 4, 2017.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

In a Super Bowl interview with Bill O'Reilly, this came out ...
    And then ...
    So refreshing. So presidential.

Could the usual band of suspects please chime in and tell us how much they stand behind this latest gem?

2. SusanK macrumors 68000

3. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

They'd probably call that refreshing as well.

4. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

No defense here, but are you saying he's wrong, or just not presidential?

I feel like a lot of people miss a big reason for his election. The fact that he won't always be presidential. Not every response is scripted.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

before or after he hugs it?

6. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

7. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

All of those dead men women and children droned under obama were like a walk in the park...

Yeah guy, our government and every government is filled with killers.

Apparently you are just realizing this:eek::confused:o_O

8. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Unpresidential ... idiotic ... unfit ...

Unscripted is refreshing.

Unpresidential and unfit ... not so much.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 4, 2017 ---
    Depends. Are you capable of criticizing the president when he says or does stupid things?

That would make you more interesting than those who can't see anything wrong in even one of the many blunders trump has made in this short time he's been in office.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well as we all know that's not currently illegal but it's not past Trump to try to make it illegal and then burn it, the guy seems so conflicted about his agenda sometimes. God help us. Even Putin will draw away from Trump after awhile --as soon as he gets enough of whatever he wants?-- because of the trail of chaos this guy Trump leaves behind him wherever he goes and opens his mouth.

Whatever Putin's about, it's not about deliberately sowing chaos inside his own country. Putin goes out of his way, for instance, not to characterize all Muslims as potential terrorists.

Trump doesn't seem to care what people think about what he says, nor that he contradicts himself. It's like he's in a permanent now, without historical reference, so everything that occurs to him seems possible and permissible. He could shoot down some idea from his staff, announce it as his own the next day, shoot it down again and blame his staff for inventing it when Mitch McConnell says uh, no... and see no problem with any of his own actions.

The last card played often seems the only one of interest. And yet Trump can also obsess ad infinitum once he locks horns with anybody over anything. Reactive, and yet also really compartmentalized. Watching him collide with somebody is like watching a billiard ball carom around the table: he may have been under control when he sruck it but then again, maybe not and anyway once it's in motion it has a life of its own. He's not like us though. We watch slackjawed as the overkill from some shot destroys his own potential to win, but he watches and goes wow that was amazing, had no idea how good I am at this stuff, look where that green ball ended up.

Lately, the last few days, I have this recurring image of him prone on thin ice, reaching for some boards and ropes extended by people from the shore. I realize that's probably all wrong since he's far more likely to just wave off the help; the image should really be of him taking another couple steps on the ice to prove he's master of the situation... fade to black. I think the first image is just from hope he takes advice from the GOP establishment and stops stirring so many pots. The second image would be from a more realistic understanding that he just can't do that, and I don't want to entertain that level of despair so soon!

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I guess we know O'Reilly will be the next one to come down with some mystery illness.

11. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

It's funny because you are always wrong.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It's funny. People who always criticize Putin end up dead.

13. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

It was a joke. And a pretty good one.

14. MaulRx Suspended

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

15. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Like two peas in the same alien pod.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

By peas you mean Trump's brain and by pod you mean his huge enormous head?

17. citizenzen, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017

citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

You hit the nail squarely on the head.

While a president should consider the impact of his statements and actions, trump appears to lash out with whatever is at the top of his mind. While candor in a president may be refreshing, impulsiveness is reckless. Add narcissism to that and it becomes a danger to the nation and the world.

18. HEK Suspended

HEK

Preferably during the burning

19. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Nice... tasteless humor is only offensive when it is against your view.

It's something when you get called out and have to pull out the memes while in previous posts cry about meme jokes and call them childish.

I know the posts are supposed to be humor... it's just that they are neither humorous or offensive... they are just bland.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 4, 2017 ---
    By peas I mean you and citizenzen have the same tasteless sense of humor... remember tastelessness isn't offensive.

I am neither offended or impressed by your garbage posts. They are just something I may happen to read as I scroll through the thread to better posts.

20. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

But a Killery joke would have you rolling in the aisles.

It's a sign of the times.

Both our politics and our humor is confined by our agendas.

(But just FYI, the other day I gave a thumbs up to a Hillary Ground Hog Day meme. Funny stuff.)

21. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm sure they will provide endless entertainment.

22. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

For me.

For you they will provide constant belly aching threads just like the one we are conversing in now.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Belly aching more like truth exposing.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Don't see the problem. Completely agree we are far from inocent

25. Rogifan Suspended

Rogifan

I remember a time when people on the right (rightly) ripped Obama for his American apology tour and for failing to say our country is exceptional. I remember when they (rightly) went after John Kerry for the comments he made during Vietnam. Or when they went after the Left for comparing George W Bush to Hitler. But now it's OK to say we are as bad as Putinz's Russia? Man oh man does Trumpism corrupt.