Trump Thinks His Approval Rating Should be 75%

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Dec 6, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

This is just hilarious. There's no way he would get that number - investigation or not. And Rasmussen didn't JUST report 50% - in fact, today (at the time of the tweet) his approval is 49%

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 12.03.10 PM.png

2. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I guess we'll be finding out what he really doesn't want discussed soon enough. :cool:

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Even without the investigation, he's a horrible human being. I can't imagine he would receive a 75% approval rating. If he did, I do fear we would certainly be doomed ;)

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well that's improvement, wasn't just a few months ago he was giving himself an "A+"?

Glad to see reality is beginning to crack through. :p

5. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

That's pretty modest for him. I would have figured 1000%.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Narcissism folks!

Regulation cuts are going swimmingly. Every time I turn around there's something else I can't eat or I must check the packaging on due to recalls and E.Coli or Salmonella.

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

His rating is not 50%. It's more like in the low 40's (link). Trump can't even lie to himself convincingly.

8. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

He has a hard-core group of supporters who don't appear willing to abandon him no matter what, but the majority of Americans are never going to support him. He got 46% of the vote, his approval peaked at 45.5% on the day he was inaugurated (and has basically been between 38 and 42 percent for most of the time he's been in office). Absent some sort of national disaster that tends to rally people behind the president (like 9/11), he's never going to get above 50% on an aggregate basis.

9. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

A President with no filter, sometimes I wonder if even he believes some of the BS he spews.

In reality, we have all played our part in a divided nation, and his approval ratings are a reflection of that divide.

In my opinion, this divide is being pushed on us, mostly for the reason of dividing each of us from our money.

I think the President of the US should, in the end of the day, ask only one question, " Is the middle class growing?", and any action he takes should only stand to serve that end. I'm so tied of the false promises of "Freedom" and "Equality" when what people around the world need is equity, a share, a stake in the prosperity of the world we all share.

I think when people have money, enough to take care of their basic needs, with some left over to buy some of the things they want, that lends itself to freedom and equality. If you are not economically free, if you have no money to fight for your rights, how can you ever hope to get your day in court, how can you hope to lobby your government for change if you can't even afford a bus ticket to the capitol.

How can we have a system of government that is supported by the most people, if it only does what is in the economic interests of the very few, the very few that can afford to pay lobbies, that can afford to make very large political contributions.

If Trump would ****, and do what is right to grow the middle class, we would have what many people pine for from the 50's and 60's, a prosperous America, where the government tried to work for the people, to lift everyone out of poverty, so they could afford to fight for their individual rights and freedoms.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

11. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

12. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

Nah he just just added the % by accidend....

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

What’s with the Greengrocers’ Apostrophe, anyway?

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I don’t think the divide is being pushed on people. It’s just that rural people and urban people and educated people and non educated people don’t understand each other.

15. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Shhhh...don't give him any ideas. He might be following PRSI in his "executive time."

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

He's not even 25% of a human being, and he wants a 75% approval rating??

17. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

That HE - not his base - have to post celebratory photos when one poll ranks him at 50% for one day - that tells you all you need to know. Like, let us know when you can get a cumulative 51% for three weeks or something...

This guy's certifiable jackass rating is higher than his approval rating.

18. Zenithal macrumors G3

That's more the probability of him having various STDs.

19. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

What is even more horrible is that there is another 49% like him in America if the numbers are actually right :eek:

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Who is he trying to convince with this horse crap?

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.08.26 PM.png

21. VulchR, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

In other news, Trump dislocates shoulder patting his own back.

Vain, willfully ignorant, corrupt, impulsive, thin-skinned and randomly belligerent: not characteristics of a good President.

22. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

23. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Well, we can agree on that.

I am concerned about the growing level of divisiveness in the US.

Reasonable people can differ on all sorts of very important issues, from taxes and the environment, to immigration and foreign policy. But thinking differently from me on any of those issues shouldn't make anyone the "enemy."

To take an historical example, I think that a very wide range of Southern legislators (Congressmen and Senators, both Democrat and Republican) were profoundly wrong in their resistance to Civil Rights legislation in the 1950s and 60s.

But they no doubt saw themselves as patriotic Americans, doing the best to represent the interests of the people that put them into office.

I know I've been wrong about issues in the past. (I vividly recall denying the possibility that Lance Armstrong could have doped during his cycling career...) I'm probably wrong on at least a few things today.

Let us all think more about the 90% of issues where we are in accord, and keep the 10% where we disagree in perspective.

24. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

You know if he says it, some morons will cheer. Fortunately the signs are that the number of morons in his corner are dwindling.

25. Zenithal macrumors G3

I was an open joke that Armstrong was doping. I always thought those Livestrong bracelets would be trashed one day, and I was right.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2019 ---
    There's definitely a disconnect from reality with some. Though if all you do is surround yourself with like-minded people or watch and or read only certain services then you'll have heavy bias for one over the other.

I think a good ways to explain that last part is, and not related, you can read a study's conclusion and go with that but if you read the methodology and how the data was recorded, often times you can find something that causes you to go "Aha, that isn't how it should be" or "Aha, that's not a reliable way of data gathering."

In the case of fake news, it's the lack of wanting to do research and trying to break down what you're presented with. The pizza parlor that got shot up is a very good example of this. Compare that fake news to something real like the British MP scandal when it came to grooming children. The latter is very believable because it's fact rich and easy to work out in plain sight. The former is some convoluted theory or idea that makes no real sense because logistically it makes no sense.