Trump to ban appointees from lobbying for foreign governments

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Nov 17, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Excellent news. The Donald is already shaking the tree. The ban should be extended to anyone who has ever been in Congress or achieved flag officer rank.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So he's going to have appointees sign what amounts to a "no compete clause"?

3. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

This is terrific news. If he holds true to his promises to "drain the swamp" then this is great news for honest republicans and democrats alike.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 17, 2016 ---
    Agreed. Speaking of congress, one of the things that Donald wants to do within his first 100 days is impose term limits on congress members.

Funny thing--one of the high ranking members of congress (can't remember the guy's name to save my life) said he disagreed with term limits. Hmm, wonder why.... :rolleyes:

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Is foreign lobbyist Giuliani still in the running for a cabinet slot?

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And therefore it's entirely meaningless.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Wasn't there a recent article (can't seem to find it now) how most of his current "appointees" fail to meet his lobbying clause already?

8. 0007776 Suspended

Only if he had bothered to register as a lobbyist for a foreign government. I'm guessing this rule is Pence's doing to try to drive out a lot of the people that's Trump has picked.

I also doubt that it would stand up to a lawsuit and instead it would be thrown out as unconstitutional.