Trump To Forgo Environmental Laws To Expedite Border Wall Construction

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Aug 2, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well it has started i wonder how many things will be screwed up because of trumps hair wall?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ental-laws-waived_us_598102c2e4b09d24e993c341

2. samcraig macrumors P6

I read this on another site. I really hope before any actions are taken, the appropriate studies are made.

3. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Because an unnecessary wall is more important than the environment. **** the environment. We're making America great again.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I hope no action is taken, wall is STUPID .

5. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Forget the environment part, where the hell is the money going to come from to build it? Oh yeah that's right Mexico, because Trump said so. Carry on.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Somedays I wish there was a SMFH button instead of the Like button…
    The DJT Comedy Act just keeps on giving.

I would hope so. Though… can't see that happening.
    :(

Indeed.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

No argument at all. But if there is going to be a wall (whatever it's called/made of/looks like) - steamrolling the process is not the answer.

8. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Funny meme but there is some truth to that, we'll end up paying for it one way or the other.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

If I post what I think of the Trump administration after reading that link, I'll not only end up banned but very likey arrested.

So instead of that I simply post that I wish you all a very nice day. :)

I'm going back to read more of the piece about how Mueller just hired a 16th lawyer and how the guy who succeeded Ken Starr in the Whitewater investigation says that means that Mueller's investigation will now run well into 2018 if not beyond. Now there's a wall if the Trump administration wants to contemplate walls.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-lawyer-exclusive-idUSKBN1AH5F9

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we have far better things to do than build a POS wall that does nothing.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Good luck convincing his supporters to pull back on building the wall because some birds might crack in to it and a turtle might not be able to cross it. I think the wall is stupid but those are pretty dumb reasons to argue against it. Not when the left could give a **** about birds when it comes to putting up a windmill.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/09/160929143808.htm

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so is the cost of hybrid batteries
    http://greenliving.lovetoknow.com/Hybrid_Vehicles_Negative_Environmental_Impact

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sc...r-production-waste-offset-hybrid-benefits.htm

15. jerwin macrumors 65816

The environment is the concern of globalist elites (among others). Make 'em cry.

16. edk99 macrumors 6502a

We are building a wall not an oil refinery. 37 environment and other laws?? LOL

I think we should focus on repairing and fortifying existing walls (fences) before any new walls go up

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

18. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Maybe if we build a whole bunch of windmills all right next to each other where the blades scrape the ground we can satisfy both sides. lol

19. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

There it is, build the wall using solar panels and the left is on board. They would absolutely lose it if those illegal bastards break a solar panel.

20. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

man the big brushes the right uses. home depot keeps running out cheap brushes. but hey lets do anything trump wants and who cares about the consequences.

21. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Maybe if we build the walls with enough guard towers and hire all the Bubba McBeerGuts to man them...they can bring their own guns and we'll save money!!

LOLOLOLOLOL. :rolleyes:

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I think General Kelly even tried to talk Trump down on the thing. That there's ample wall in critical places and enough money already for border area overflights, ground patrols and customs officials... the Congress has other budget priorities way higher than this one. This focus on a go-ahead by Trump is a wasteful pander to his primary season supporters and that's before getting back to the environmental issues.

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Don't get me wrong, the border wall is a dumb idea. It wouldn't the first time a president failed to uphold campaign promises that got the base riled up. GITMO is still open for business isn't it.

24. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

EDIT: Err sorry for quoting you noekozz. It was initially going to be the first line as a humorous / sarcastic joke as a response to your post, but it sort of took off from there.

Trump: We're going to have all those illegal mexicans rounded up and force them to work on the wall with no wage or benefits. TAKE THAT MEXICO. WE MADE YOUR PEOPLE BUILD OUR WALL.

Melania: Uhm that's only labor. Where's the material coming from..

Trump: That is an excellent question my sugar booger.

Melania: (looks away at being called a booger)

Trump: See we are going to get the best material to build the best wall. CHINA. You want to know why I chose China?

Melania: (mutters) Because they built the Great Wall of China ... (sighs)

Trump: Because they build the Great Wall of China. And you don't just call anything great. They called it great because it was the greatest wall that ever existed at that time. But that won't be for long because the wall America is going to build is going to be greater than China. It's going to be yuuugge compared to China. And the best part is China is going to walk into our trap just like that! It's brilliant.

Trump Jr: We can tell them that we are doing some charity to feed the orphans and we need some wall-building material.

Ivanka: What are you, three? "Wall building material"... idiot.

Trump Jr: Daddy ... Ivanka is being mean to me again.

Trump: Shut up. Ivanka is more intelligent, more beautiful, and more amazing compared to your ugly ass. <this was for you jkcerda> She has my genes in her ... god knows what kind of boy-toy your mother slept with to get you.

Trump Jr: (pouts)

Trump: Well then it's settled. We will tell everyone we are buying from America, but we will secretly leak that we are getting it from Russia with cameras built in every 5 inches to stir up the MSM. But we're actually buying from China! We win the hearts of the people, fiddle with the mind of the MSM, who needs to be taught a lesson since they falsely reported that I lost the popular vote, and save immense amounts of money on material. Its a win-win-win. Oh and since Illegal Mexicans are the labor force, Mexico is paying for it. I am a genius!