Trump to Iowans: "What the hell are you people doing to me?"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow. Whining and insulting voters is such a good way to get your poll numbers up.

Trump's fans may be buying his self-pity and groveling for votes, but I think everyone else is going to find his remarks insulting and/or presumptuous. He acts like he's entitled to lead the polls.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I can't wait for him to crash and burn. You know it will happen.

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

He's not going to crash and burn. An opportunity will come up that he needs to be a part of and he won't have time for that and being President. He will play it as having to much respect for the people to try and do both. That's how I think his exit will play out.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

With the level of craziness in the Republican party today I wouldn't put it past them to give him the nomination.

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

poor little guy no one loves him anymore. it is going to be funny to watch the two main clowns go after each other and try to out crazy each other.

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

If there were two or three serious contenders for the Republican nomination - say Jeb Bush; Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz - Trump would never have gotten this far. Support would have coalesced around one of the "serious" names, and the oddballs like Trump and Carson would see their support wither as people saw front-runners emerging.

That may yet happen. But in the meantime, I think this is just more evidence to support the argument that the Republican Party is no longer capable of Governing. It may yet still get a lot of white people to the polls. But actually running a competent Government to meet the needs of the American people? Not so much.

7. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Who says they have to actually govern? The far right seems increasingly content with the idea of just completely stalling out the Federal Government so it can't do anything.

8. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

For the good of the American people, it will happen in the primaries.

9. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

In the past few elections, I could've predicted with confidence that a conventional Republican would end up being the nominee. This time, I don't know.

If this election follows the normal path, all the crazies will be eliminated leaving only an establishment Republican, probably either Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. Since Jeb's contributors are getting cold feet, I'm betting the establishment choice will be Rubio.

OTOH, if for the first time in recent history they nominate a truly bat$#!+ conservative, my money's on Carson. His quiet demeanor will fool enough people, and he'll end up being the tortoise that beats all the Republican hares.

10. samiwas macrumors 65816

We were at a restaurant the other day when this woman came in with a big Trump banner and had a bunch of tables put together, I'm assuming to catch the huge group of Trump supporters coming to her event. When we left almost an hour later, there was a grand total of four people there. Big support, y'all.

11. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

trump will lose only because the whole election system is rigged. i'd like to see trump in the general election for the GOP. other than rand paul, he's probably the least egregious. its just too bad about his immigrant comments.

12. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

It's Ted Cruz I'm worried about. He has the anger, smarts, and nastiness to maneuver his way to a nomination. Nobody likes him personally, and, he will never win a popularity contest, but, at a certain point, I think the ultra-right are going to back him. In a certain way he reminds me of Richard Nixon.

13. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

The media wont actually pressure rubio. A guy who is never in the Senate (his current job) but thinks he is ready to be president.... I agree with Trump about Rubio. He is an overrated person.

No one likes Ted Cruz tbqh... I mean no one.

14. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

No one liked Nixon either. And yet, he was elected.

15. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

There I fixed it..

16. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Please don't mistake craziness for stupidity

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The guy who can't be bothered to show up for his $174,000 a year job, who wants to fire federal workers for not performing their jobs, who thinks government is bad wants to lead our government. Rubio won't get the nomination, he's the Republican Obama.

18. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Nixon was liked enough by the establishment for him to be the nominee multiple times. Ted Cruz is hated by his colleagues.

19. AdonisSMU, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Honestly Congress needs to upgrade its rules for the times. The way governance is done needs to change. Rubio bringing up Obama is of no consequence because Republicans didn't elect Obama. However, many did vote for McCain who was also a Senator that missed even more votes than Obama.

Rubio said he didn't like the job of being a Senator. He should quit rather than complain about the job. He sounds closer to Sarah Palin than Obama honestly.