Trump to pardon Dinesh D’Souza

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
So they buy a new roster that is even more ready to lick their balls, I’m not seeing how this takes away from anything I’ve posted. Politicians are dispensable to these people. Long term political outcomes is all these people care about, not who they use to deliver them.
Rinse repeat? After this debacle, they'll be lucky enough to get people waiting in line to bend over after the trash in office has been dragged through this much. No ones that much of a masochist.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Rinse repeat? After this debacle, they'll be lucky enough to get people waiting in line to bend over after the trash in office has been dragged through this much. No ones that much of a masochist.
I think you fundamentally misunderstand how money hungry most of these politicians are. Paul Ryan is a perfect example. He got done what he was installed to do. Now he’s jumping ship to a cushy job set up by his Koch connections.

You don’t think anyone is lining up for multi-million dollar paydays for a few years in Congress? I’ve got some land if you’re interested....

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Wow now Trump says he’s thinking of pardoning Martha Stewart and....Rod Blagojevich. OK he’s just punking everyone now.

And here’s an example of things Dinesh D’Souza has tweeted:
This is probably something he and Rudy 9/11 Guiliani thought up. No idea what the point is of pardoning Martha Stewart, but who cares. With Blagojevich and D'Souza, its probably an attempt to say "See? They did to these guys what they're doing to me."

It's pretty obvious. A corrupt Chicago democrat.... if Trump goes through with that, I'm curious as to what the Trumpsters would say. I'm pretty sure if anyone else did it they'd probably have a stroke, but Trump?

Then again, I have seen Trump supporters use the "because he's the president and he can" defense when they know he's being a moron but don't want to say so. So who knows.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Rod Blagojevich’s wife is going to be on Fox News tonight. Apparently she’s been on Fox frequently. Also the WSJ ran an editorial from Blagojevich. Curious why Fox & WSJ have become Blagojevich fans. Is it just because his prosecution happened on Obama’s watch?

Patti Blagojevich (@pblagojevich)
5/31/18, 10:19 AM
I am going to be on Fox tonight with Martha McCallum. 6 pm cst.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/im-in-prison-for-practicing-politics-1527517322?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/7UZ0SKWPHP

Reactions: JayMysterio

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
I think you fundamentally misunderstand how money hungry most of these politicians are. Paul Ryan is a perfect example. He got done what he was installed to do. Now he’s jumping ship to a cushy job set up by his Koch connections.
That was then, this is now. Your thinking is flawed and based on the past, and not what the future holds. 10 years ago, today's polito-sphere was unthinkable. It was imaginary BS 20 years ago, and ludicrous to think of 40 years ago. To presume these actions will continue to happen in modern time with all these external forces putting pressure on American entities controlled by these men and women is absurd. There is not a single industry that Koch operates in that can fend off foreign entities providing the same quality product for less. This includes methanol, pipe building, paper products, electronics supplies, fabrics and supplies. Even if it costs more than Koch's companies, they'll still do it to hurt them and the US. Do you think that China and Mexico picked those varied tariffs for no reason?

In a dreamy world, all the American corn and soybean farmers will go bankrupt and be bought out by large organizations such as the Kochs. But there is zero guarantee China, for example, will start buying from the US again. Why would they? Brazil can grow as much as we do and even Mexico is getting into the game. Whatever long con these people thought will work for decades to come won't work out at all. Foreign nations think multiple steps ahead of the US.

If MBZ and BMW close up plants in the US this summer, they don't hurt themselves. Most of their models made in the US are made elsewhere in the world, too. Sure, there's a revenue hit, but the ultimate goal would be to ruin those states economies, increasing the unemployment rate, and hurting those areas that voted for Trump.

The US will not win this fight. I guarantee you that. If it ends up meaning 1M+ employees across various suppliers and distributors losing their jobs thanks to an ego freak like Trump, then so be it. They should have picked more stable career paths. Poof goes their health insurance, retirement benefits, etc.

The Kochs only have power over American politicians. It'll be one country against many. Koch Industries exports products to many countries. They can tariff those products from the US and make it a living hell for Koch owned companies. If Trump continues this mess, aided by Koch et al or not, all the countries against these tariffs will do just about anything to cripple the US economy.

No one wins in a trade war.

Last edited:

IWantItThatWay

Suspended
Apr 26, 2009
If he was a Democrat, would anyone care if Trump pardoned him? No.

Trump feels he was targeted due to his political stances, so this pardon looks OK to me.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009

Trump feels he was targeted due to his political stances, so this pardon looks OK to me.
I complained in this thread that he was considering pardoning Rod Blagojevich - a democrat. Just look a few posts above yours. So.... not true.

Trump feels this makes him look good - "See, all these people were victims of politics".

Its so obvious.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
According to the Daily Caller, Ted Cruz was pushing hard for this pardon. Explains why he’s one of the few in Congress to tweet about it.

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC

Of course people would care, regardless of his party registration. But, looking to whether D’Souza is a D or an R misses the point. D’Souza isn’t a legitimate political pundit. He’s basically an Ivy League version of Alex Jones.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
I’ve never liked politics. I can’t stand either side..right or left.

I don’t really care for the person Trump is, but I am enjoying the political shake up.

I like th fact that if anything this past election proves anyone can become president.

So no I can’t really say I was joking, sorry.
Political shake up? Even if its for the worse?

iapplelove

macrumors 601
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Political shake up? Even if its for the worse?
Is there more drama, yes. But is it really worse?

Like are we less safe as Americans? No. Is the economy tanking? No.

I guess if you want to talk racism well is it really worse than it was? Not really. It has always been ugly.

So really what is worse so far? Other than the fact that there is a guy you despise in the WH?

Reactions: old mac and thewap

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Is there more drama, yes. But is it really worse?

I guess if you want to talk racism well is it really worse than it was? Not really. It has always been ugly.

So really what is worse so far? Other than the fact that there is a guy you despise in the WH?
The environment is. gas prices are up. Major very needed infrastructure projects are on hold. The national debt is higher. We are the laughing stock of the world. Rich are very richer. Middle class: meh. Poor are poorer. The Trump organization is doing a lot better though so that's good.

Reactions: mac_in_tosh

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
I’ve never liked politics. I can’t stand either side..right or left.

I don’t really care for the person Trump is, but I am enjoying the political shake up.

I like th fact that if anything this past election proves anyone can become president.

So no I can’t really say I was joking, sorry.
Then I feel sorry for your lack of moral compass. Shakeup needed or not, some actions are just unforgivable.

Reactions: iapplelove

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I think the answers to those are things we will know in several years. While the economy is still doing good Trump's Tarriffs and trade war are just starting, and we aren't feeling many effects either way yet. As for if we are less safe again time will tell if removing American influence will result in the world being more stable because we are no longer interfering or if it becomes more unstable as Russia and China compete to fill the power vacuum that Trump left by withdrawing us from the world stage.

Reactions: iapplelove

iapplelove

macrumors 601
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
The environment is. gas prices are up. Major very needed infrastructure projects are on hold. The national debt is higher. We are the laughing stock of the world. Rich are very richer. Middle class: meh. Poor are poorer. The Trump organization is doing a lot better though so that's good.
I will give you the laughing stock comment. This last election made us look bad.

But come on lol how could you possibly blame all those other things on a man who’s only been in office a year and a half? Really?

I’m just seeing it from someone who doesn’t have a dog in the fight so don’t loop me in with the conservatives.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
I will give you the laughing stock comment. This last election made us look bad.

But come on lol how could you possibly blame all those other things on a man who’s only been in office a year and a half? Really?

I’m just seeing it from someone who doesn’t have a dog in the fight so don’t loop me in with the conservatives.
I'm not, I appreciate your honesty. It doesn't take long for a new budget to add to the deficit, it doesn't take long for policies to affect gas prices, and it certainly doesn't take long for him to cancel so many environmental regulations like the one where coal companies can now dump toxins right into waterways. That's beyond disgusting, harmful and who in their right mind could defend this? (not you....)

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

A lot of those things were trends anyway, but some Trump has had an influence on. Particularly the national debt, it was rising, but he is making it rise faster by having tax cuts without corresponding cuts in spending or increased revenue in other areas to pay for them.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Sums it up well enough...
Twitter said:
John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood 7h7 hours ago
so today Trump followed Roseanne racism furor by pardoning guy who:
--said of Obama "you can take the boy out of the ghetto"
--ridiculed Michelle Obama as "affirmative action" Princeton student
--said slavery wasn't racist, slaves were treated "pretty well"
--mocked Rosa Parks
Yup, I can see why 45 was diggin' the guy.

Reactions: LizKat and jerwin