Trump to ramp up deportation of illegal aliens next week

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Let’s hope that Trump is serious about this. Obama had a very impressive record of deporting illegal aliens. Let’s see if Trump can do even better. Excerpt from the LA Times article below:

Trump tweeted Monday night that Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents “will begin deporting the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States … as fast as they come in,” and called on congressional Democrats to address the “border crisis.”

An administration official said Tuesday that more than 1 million migrants face deportation orders and “remain at large.” Many have long hidden from federal agents and it’s unclear how many ICE agents could find on short notice.

The removal orders “were secured at great time and expense, and yet illegal aliens not only refuse to appear in court, they often obtain fraudulent identities, collect federal welfare and illegally work in the United States,” said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the president’s tweet.

Brad9893

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Hiding Under the Genius Bar
Good. Any foreigners who violate the sovereignty of the United States should be thrown out as fast as possible and never let back in again under any circumstances, even legal ones. They have no respect for this country, its people (read: legal citizens), or its laws, and they should not be here. This should not be a partisan issue either.

Reactions: mgguy

Brad9893

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Hiding Under the Genius Bar
Not-an-american here.
Question: how can they be legal then?
Is there some technicality in US immigration law that I don't know?
People are denied entry into countries all of the time for various reasons. You may be present yourself legally, you may go through the appropriate channels, and you may do everything by the book, but that still doesn't mean that we have to award you entry. In my opinion, if you have a history of violating American immigration laws, then you should be denied entry if you try to do things legally in the future. It's as simple as that to me.

That's all that I meant. Perhaps I didn't articulate myself as well as I could have.

Reactions: tshrimp

villicodelirant

Suspended
Aug 3, 2011
People are denied entry into countries all of the time for various reasons. You may be present yourself legally, you may go through the appropriate channels, and you may do everything by the book, but that still doesn't mean that we have to award you entry. In my opinion, if you have a history of violating American immigration laws, then you should be denied entry if you try to do things legally in the future. It's as simple as that to me.
Oh sure, in the future. Thank you.
(I think in most countries that's already a big no-no at the border anyway).

Reactions: appleisking

villicodelirant

Suspended
Aug 3, 2011
Good. Round up all the white people and send them back to Europe so the only ones left are Native Indians.
Europe? What are you talking about, Europe would have to be the dominion of Neanderthals.
We all would have to settle in Ethiopia.
Which the Ethiopians would not object to in any way.

In the second phase of your plan, all vertebrates would have to go back to the sea, I suppose.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Europe? What are you talking about, Europe would have to be the dominion of Neanderthals.
We all would have to settle in Ethiopia.
Which the Ethiopians would not object to in any way.

In the second phase of your plan, all vertebrates would have to go back to the sea, I suppose.
Some still naively believe Indians were the 1st on what's now US soil....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/science/prehistoric-humans-north-america-california-nature-study.html

Like magic, poof there they were....

Last edited:

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013

That's all that I meant. Perhaps I didn't articulate myself as well as I could have.
Oh sure, in the future. Thank you.
(I think in most countries that's already a big no-no at the border anyway).
I took it to mean that even if you are in the country legally, if you commit a seriously enough crime; Class A Misdemeanor or any felonies, you will be deported and not allowed to return.

Which is perfectly reasonable and makes sense. Even now if green card holders commit crimes, they run the risk of being deported.

Act accordingly.

Reactions: tshrimp and raqball

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Just saw his comments on the Central Park 5... “both sides” again. What an unmitigated, unapologetic racist bigot. I’m all for rule of law if it’s actually the law that concerns him. It’s clearly not, given his own company he keeps. Wish we could deport orange people to the sun.
[doublepost=1560912107][/doublepost]
Or, and yeah I know this is going to sound crazy, but we need people who want to come here and live to respect and follow our laws.. They can start off with a bang by following the immigration laws. Yeah I know, crazy......
So did they put in e-verify yet? No illegals making beds at Trump properties? Maybe he can use his wealth to deport illegal workers at his properties and pay American citizens great bigly wages.

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
No illegals making beds at Trump properties? Maybe he can use his wealth to deport illegal workers at his properties and pay American citizens great bigly wages.
I believe the illegal aliens working on Trump properties were fired a while ago. (I read in the news today that they are pretty pissed about it and are planning a gathering to protest Trump’s immigration policies.) Other employers of illegal aliens should do the same. Those who don’t should be fined or jailed as existing law allows.

Last edited:

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Instead of getting mad at people trying to enter the US, why isn't more work being done to find out why those people are leaving their own countries in the first place? The current attitude seems to be large industrialized nations exploiting foreign lands, causing environmental disasters in smaller countries, then telling the people of those countries "good luck finding new places to live, just stay out of our country".

Reactions: Night Spring

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
I believe the illegal aliens working on Trump properties were fired a while ago. (I read in the news today that they are pretty pissed about it and are planning a gathering to protest Trump’s immigration policies.) Other employers of illegal aliens should do the same. Those who don’t should be fined or jailed as existing law allows.
You don’t see anything wrong with him having people here illegally while he was trotting around the country yammering on about people who are here illegally? Like most things Trump blabs about, it’s do as I say, not as I do.

The time to fire them was months or years before he came down his gaudy escalator and gave that speech where I listened to him for the first time and realized what an idiot he was.