Trump told UN head Netanyahu is bigger peace obstacle than Abbas

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Oct 4, 2017.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Finally, the dolt in chief says something that I, and much of the free world can agree with. The current government of Israel is the biggest impediment to peace with the Palestinians there is. The people of Israel really need to turn back the clock to where they were years ago with a reasonable government that actually wanted peace and wasn't intent on stealing all the land there is. About time Trump called out Netanyahu.

http://thehill.com/policy/internati...-netanyahu-was-bigger-obstacle-to-peace-talks

2. 0007776 Suspended

It’s a long way from withdrawing support from Israel, but off trump and take us away from our unconditional support of Israel that would be great.

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

It's amazing. The man is an utter cluster**** 99% of the time and then something like this and it gives you a glimmer of hope the man may actually be a pragmatist.

4. LordVic, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

LordVic macrumors 603

I hate when trump says something that isn't completely wrong.

he's not completely wrong here. Israel's current hard right leadership under Netanyahu has not behaved great. Not going to get into the whole bitchfest that always occurs whenever middle east is discussed, But the mans ideals do not lend themselves to finding a peaceful 2 state solution.

if the countries leadership isn't 100% sold on a two state solution, how do they expect to accomplish that goal.

However, I can understand how Israel got to being run by hardnosed right winged political leaders, as they have spent the better part of a century having to defend themselves from constant attacks from their neighbours, and then constant bombardment from rocket attacks. constant state of war/fear drives people to vote for people who take hard stances against perecived enemies.

it's unfortunate as the closest we've had to peace was in the 90's when Israel did support a two state nation, but the Palestinian leadership at the time rejected it outright and continued to call for Israel to be pushed into the sea.

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I think he's both a moron and a pragmatist since he doesn't seem to have any deep seated convictions

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I agree, if he wasn't such a moron he's a guy center left and center right could rally around.

7. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

8. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

And now he will have AIPAC against him...

9. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I honestly think that is Trump being Trump.
    Next week Trump will say Netanyahu is savior of Israel.
    what-ever

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought Trump and Nettie were besties.

11. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

The two have a lot in common