Trump turns against Sessions

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Jul 19, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Wow. It's a wonder anybody is friendly with Trump any more, the way he turns on people. Today, he's decided to badmouth his Attorney General:

“Jeff Sessions takes the job, gets into the job, recuses himself, which frankly I think is very unfair to the president,” Trump said. “How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, ‘Thanks, Jeff, but I’m not going to take you.’ It’s extremely unfair — and that’s a mild word — to the president.”​

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/19/trump-turns-on-sessions-240740

Sooo... I guess that's the next head on the chopping block? Is Trump going to have anybody left working for him at this rate?

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

1. Trump is an idiot
    2. Sessions is a POS so I don't actually feel bad that Trump is talking trash about him.

4. darksithpro macrumors regular

Trump is right, Lynch didn't recuse herself after she was caught with Bubba on the tarmac, during the Hillary investigation. It's totally unfair that Sessions recused himself.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Trump is wrong, Sessions had a legal obligation to recuse himself. He himself was part of the problem with Russia.

Lynch meeting Bill is still speculation on what was discussed, there is no substantial evidence to say other wise. Add the fact that Lynch was not part of what was being investigated, at least at that point and had no legal obligation to recuse herself regarding Clinton at that time.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump is right, Sessions should not be AG. But not for the reasons he is saying.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump's idea of fair is similar to a toddler's. At least a toddler has an excuse.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And more mental capacity.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

No Trump is wrong. Fair doesn't play into it. And besides Bill's meeting being speculative - Bill Clinton is not President. Hillary is not President. Trump is. You might have a valid point if Obama at the time was under investigation for something like that.

10. jerwin macrumors 65816

OMFG.

Most liberals see Sessions as a racist ****wit. If he testifies against Trump, the marriages of convenience are going to be AWKWARD.

11. Zenithal Suspended

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah popcorn, don't short it. We may never hear the testimony but the spin s/b fun.

Trump should just shut up about anything related to Russia, which this is.

Maybe Mueller is wanting to interview Sessions. Or Trump thinks he will have done by time the Special Counsel investigation is over. Sessions had a few things he could not remember "at this time" during his public hearing, when Harris got him rattled, and a lot of other things he could not remember at all. Maybe Mueller like to hear what that "at this time" ones were.

Anyway Trump can't leave this stuff alone; he picks at Russia Russia Russia like it's a scab on the side of his hand or something. He sees it and thinks, yeah, that again, nearly healed... pops off something to the public and the media glom onto it yet again and then he and the GOP blame the media for focusing on something that's "nothing". Guy has a death wish.

13. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Never liked the guy anyway. Don't let the door hit you.

14. Zenithal Suspended

He wants to enforce marijuana laws. I don't agree with the drug, but I see it beneficial for poorer states to make a lot of money they can use on their own. Then states like California won't need to pay out as much. Marijuana and to an extent, hydroponic farming is the way of the future. In the latter's case, you can have higher nutrition veg and fruit, it costs less to produce the more you expand and you eliminate almost any setback.

Technically, we could also set enough solar farms in the sunny US regions to supply power to all of the US with excess, provided a distributed network can be built and batteries to hold excess. It's easy and expensive. A lot of it is BS politics, because politicians get more money from traditional power like coal, oil or gas.

15. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

Only person he's not turned against is V. V. Putin. Yet.

16. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Add the fact that just the other day he wanted to increase forfeiture laws usage. As if those laws aren't already abused, he wants to increase it.

17. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

Was Sessions discussing his grandkids? Next.

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

There is kind of a problem if Sesssions actually ends up dismissed, matters of recusal set to the side. Replacements need confirmation which takes time... there's not much bench left in the AG's office.... there's Rosenstein. And what's her name, the Republican deputy I think. That's it, I think. If Trump starts firing people then maybe he's looking for that Constitutional crisis moment, when the power to fire the Special Counsel should pass to the next guy in the AG's office and there isn't one because they've all been fired and, heh Trump has not appointed any new ones yet... then what happens?

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

You can't turn against your banker.

20. Zenithal Suspended

Yes, I'd forgotten about that. Though I want to say 99% of those cases are legitimate. You're bound to hear about the few that were not.

21. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

While I don't have an issue with the legit aspect, I do have a problem with the idea of taking your stuff before you're convicted.

22. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

Steady! This is the Reality TV President we're talking about here!

23. Zenithal Suspended

As I said, it makes sense if there's good reason to believe the conviction will come through. Though I find it stupid. Equal to street racers having their vehicles crushes or sold off and being out for the money remaining on the vehicle. There needs to be a lot of police reform. One step at a time.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Open the case.

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Heh, Putin probably like to borrow money from the US Treasury now if he could manage it. Or get Trump to manage it. But that would be a pipe dream. Mnuchin and Cohn are probably happy to serve in Trump's admin at Treasury and as chief economic advisor, especially if the Congress manages to kill off some Dodd Frank rules and make profitmaking easier in future. But both of those guys would be gone like deer downwind of a hunter if Trump even hinted at some hokey deal for Russia.