Trump tweets, deletes tweet and tweets again about Alec Baldwin

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Mar 2, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

I'll have to go and read the full interview - but it seems like Alec Baldwin stated that it's agony to embody Trump on SNL. And I'm sure while most of that comment was tongue-in-cheek, there's an element of truth. I am sure to become something you really have no respect for/stands against so much you dislike but receives such great attention can be "agony."

Trump was so irate this morning that he couldn't tweet straight. Oh Donny - no one is forced to watch television, SNL or Alec Baldwin.

DXR2QQVV4AUcD_M.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 6.49.51 AM.png

2. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

It remains a mystery to me how every American is not profoundly embarrassed by this clown.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

4. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

It's like your crazy drunk uncle is now in charge of the free world.

5. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Confused. What impeachment hearings? What resignation speech?

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You're not confused. You're being funny. Like Alec.

7. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Crazy, racist uncle.

8. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Forget his tax returns, I want to see his IQ records because nobody above 150 would ever tweet that.

9. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Ahhhhh. Just wondering what he’s referring to? That’s all.

10. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Well, if, as expected, the Democrats retake the House in November, there will almost certainly be impeachment hearings. Resignation is up to Trump, but I remain optimistic that Mueller will find or come close enough to finding financial crimes Trump committed before taking office and Trump will cut a deal with Pence to resign and have Pence pardon him.

11. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Actually, this seems like it could be a possibility. That said, if they do take power back I would rather seem them focus on getting their party in order and a solid agenda instead of just trying to take down the current president. Yeah Trump is a giant turd and everyone knows it but we need to just let this thing ride out and look to the future IMO.

12. Zenithal macrumors 604

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Dems would be smarter to delay impeachment hearings until just before the end of Trump's term instead of after midterms. Putting Pence in office too soon (if the Dems goal is to take the White House in 2020) could stabilize the Republican party and supporters.

14. Zenithal macrumors 604

That's presuming the Dems even win a majority. Sure the 40 some offices they've won in local/recent elections is impressive, but Democrats have always blown outside of major elections (4 years).

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Actually, the took it back in the Bush midterms and historically speaking both the WH and the midterms politically shift against the party in power every 8 years anyway.

16. Zenithal macrumors 604

November 2016: Democrats are going to crush the Republicans.

History is history, and I've pointed out what you said in the past, but the truth is that the Democrats have trouble getting people out to vote. California is keen on passing a law that pre-registers new drivers or upon renewal of their license if they're not already a) registered and if they have b) voting ability.

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Your words I guess but everyone else predicted the Republicans would take it, with the exception of Donald Trump.

I agree about Dems getting out to vote but if they think it will count, they will get out and vote. Hillary is a poor example because few were excited about her but you put out another Barack Obama and watch the turnout.

18. Zenithal macrumors 604

Oh, most definitely. The first time I heard Obama speak on television, I knew he was going to win the election. This was in summer or fall 2007. Almost a year before he clinched the nomination.

19. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

That was before Trump and the hot mess of this administration. And I think many learned their lesson. You would hope so at least.

20. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

It would be unprecedented* in modern history for the Democrats not to pick up seats. The only question is how many.

____

*Excluding 2002, which, on the heals of the spike in Bush's popularity after 9/11, was a clear anomoly.

21. Zenithal macrumors 604

If you can convince Independent voters to come to the dark side, it'd help.

22. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Alec Baldwin for the...has no idea that a president can't be impeached because he doesn't like him.

23. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I could be wrong - and will freely admit it if I am in the future (if someone brings this thread up)
    But as far as I can tell based on polling/sentiment/anecdotal evidence, etc - Trump's base will always be his base. He's not losing that. I don't think he's making huge gains, but he's not losing it.

in 2016 - we had an election where many people voted for change - regardless of what that means. And also voted against Hillary (not that people didn't vote against Trump too). But there were a lot of people who wound up voting for Trump because they didn't like Hillary and wanted change. Let's leave that as it is.

What I am seeing now is that many people who just voted against Hillary or thought Trump was good to shake things up are now not very happy with him and see that in many ways, he's just another politician (and a poor one at that. My bias injected).

In other words - there are people who are in that grey area who are likely not to re-elect Trump. Now - will that mean they vote Democrat? Can't say. Will they wind up causing a split in votes so Trump wins again (if he's running) possible.

But as far as I can tell - Trump has lost a lot of voters over the year. And by voters I don't mean supporters.

24. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Yep...funny exactly like Alec. Only funny thing he did was that commercial where he played ping pong. I can't even remember what it was for.

Edit: People give the president a hard time, but yet he responded the same way that Alec Baldwin did in the first place yet no one called him out.

25. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Alec actually does know. And your point is irrelevant other than to say you just don't like Alec and his tweets.