Trump tweets response to golden global insults.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Streep is still mad about Trump Mocking Serge Kovaleski, a reporter who suffers from arthrogryposis, a congenital condition that restricts the movement of the muscles in his arms.

Funny tho, even with all Trumps flaws and antics I still trust him more than Hillary Clinton or the Dem establishment or the news media.

3. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Will this nutball end up spending more time participating in Twitter flamewars than actually spending time to make American great again?

One has to wonder.

4. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Trump sure does seem unpopular with some of the 1%.

5. RedOrchestra Suspended

NOPE ... it's the elitists, career academics, and the Hollywood types who are opposed.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Yeah, again. He should stop replying to this crap.
    I truly wonder - in all seriousness - what his schedule is. It is clear that like many entrepreneurs, he wakes up very early. He must get a nice press review every morning, earlier than most people.

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

We need to just cut his thumbs off. He can still lead the nation without thumbs and he can't keep tweeting without thumbs.

Either that or he can hire someone to screen his tweets before they go out.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

He wasn't mocking him because he was disabled. That's Trumps standard "someone was indecisive" reaction. He needs to lay off twitter.

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

His thumbs would just grow back...

10. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

It isn't even that he's responding to Tweets. He starts the flame wars. The worry is, that's how he will run his administration.

11. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

For the next few days, my criticism of him is really not all too severe…. I'll give him a pass because he's still not sworn in as President. But after Inauguration, if he continues with this Twitter nonsense….. wow, can you imagine if someone like FDR spent half of his presidency fighting newspaper tabloids (it was the gossip social media of the time) rather than winning WW2?

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Those standard grade-school mockings sometimes come around to bite you.

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I must have missed window into the alternate universe where he wasn't elected.

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Agreed. I mean, I don't think that he's using twitter that much (a tweet takes about 15 seconds), but still... there's something more important to do. I hope that once he's sworn in as President things will change. I don't mind the occasional tweet (after all social media is how communication works today), but that should not be a primary - or even secondary - focus of the presidency.

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Hollywood liberals, stunned by Hillary's ignominious defeat, show dripping contempt towards blue-collar America. That should help Democrats in 2018.

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It's okay some of them said they are moving to Canada.:rolleyes:

17. RedOrchestra Suspended

hey zeus ... where's a wall when you need one.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Dude. Non sequitur maximus

19. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

A typical trump supporter bashing Hollywood rich celebrities while voting for exactly that person. A rare sight indeed

20. RedOrchestra Suspended

Streep was at the Obama White House party last Friday ... she was just following up on her Friends of Obama promise.

21. AsherN macrumors 6502

If he can't stand criticism, he sure picked the wrong job.

22. Solomani, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017

Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Trump is cut from the same Reality TV cloth as the Kardashians.

He's like the byproduct of the worst that elitist Hollywood has to offer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Trump needs to stay off of twitter and start preparing himself for the biggest job in the world he's about to take on. I really don't understand an incoming president has time to tweet about an "overrated" actress. He gets ticked off very quickly, which isn't good.

24. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Meryl Streep is free to have her opinions and speak her mind, and she should not be silenced or bullied for it. But during her speech, she invoked the discredited claim that President Trump mocked disabled reporter Serge Kovaleski’s physical disability. Trump didn’t. What Trump did, was make physical gestures he has regularly used when mocking various of his detractors, including politicians such as Senator Ted Cruz, who suffers no known physical disability. So Meryl’s speech was disingenous; whether that is because she was lying or simply doesn’t know the facts, is unknown. It also is important to remember that Meryl is a professional actor, and her speech strongly had that vibe: being acted.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

The irony of people getting upset over entertainers talking politics when some of the same people getting upset voted in a reality tv star as president.