Trump Tweets That Russia Meddled in the Election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jun 23, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Of course he's lying that Obama and his administration did nothing. Another attempt to deflect.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 9.24.15 PM.png

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Well he definitely did more than tweet that it never happened.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Karma strikes again. First we get a taste of what other countries have experienced when we meddle in theirs. A very MINOR taste considering we actually arm rebels and prop up dictators
    Then he least criminal Hillary and democrats who looked the other way feel the bern that Bernie felt.

KARMA FTW :D
    --- Post Merged, Jun 23, 2017 ---
    Source please

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

So first, this tweet is clearly in response to this: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...aken-little-action-stop-next-election-n776116

Obama at the very least did this: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...n-network-response-kremlin-hacking/422818001/

As for anything he did prior - I would have to search more. But it's also possible that it's classified. I'll look when I have more time.

6. darksithpro macrumors 6502

The Kremlin is a formidable adversary. Every powerful nation meddles in foreign affairs covertly, including the US, as it suits their own "National interests" first and foremost. Sad to say about meddling, but if your Government is rooting for a particular candidate and trying to influence, chances are that the candidate, or group elected will benefit your nations top interests more so than the other candidate. This has been going on long before I've been alive and will continue after.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I didn't realize you hated America :)

8. darksithpro macrumors 6502

I thought it was only Liberals who hated America for what it represents and wants to dismantle itself from within?

9. Populism Suspended

Populism

It's hard to believe but I think there's been enough evidence coming out - from both liberal AND conservative outlets - that we must accept, and stop debating, that Russia put a gun to voters heads and made them change their votes.

The science is settled.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

C'mon. Neither "side" hates America. Both sides detest each other's agendas. Their ideolgocal focus is fairly contagious, although most Americans don't think "the other side" hates America, they just think the other side is wrong. All this "liberals hate America" and "conservatives hate ordinary Americans" stuff is gotcha politlics to the extreme. It contributes to public apathy, too, or at least I believe so, and I think it's shameful.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Hate it so much that I got myself a DD214....
    It reads "honorable" btw

12. darksithpro macrumors 6502

If the Russians did hack the DNC, the DCC and the Podesta Emails in regards to the HRC campaign, how did they put a gun to anyone's head? The context of the hacked emails are real, the data shed light into corruption on epic proportions. regardless of where the leaks came from, the content in question is genuine.

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Sarcasm noted. No one said anything about changing votes or guns to heads. That's your fabrication.

14. darksithpro macrumors 6502

I think it's shameful the Democrats have become the party of elitists, that also includes Hollywood celebs in their bubble. They IMO have lost track of becoming progressive for the working man and woman. The party has some serious soul searching that needs to be concluded.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

LOL because the 2A makes it possible... in some bad TV movie, maybe.

Of course the Russians have been meddling. However, if someone like Mario Rubio or John Kasich were president right now, and had won over someone like Jim Webb or Martin O'Malley, one of two things would have come to light about Russian meddling: 1) we never would have heard about it, or 2) both sides of the aisle would be putting Russia under a microscope.

But, because of the candidates we had, and the opportunities Russia had to play with a couple of characters with richly checkered history, we have managed to put ourselves exactly where Russia likes us: more divided than ever and not even arguing about what actually matters, which is how to get our cyberdefenses into better shape.

Fiddlng while DC burns, it ain't pretty unless you're watching from the Kremlin.

16. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

He complained to Kremlin and asked them to stop it. They said they didn't do it but will look into it and of course never cared after that.
    You didn't hear much about it at the time because, surprise, our fake news does not go after the left. ;)

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

As a Bernie voter in the spring 2016 primaries, you won't get a "no" on that from me.

18. Gjwilly, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017

Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Obama was fine keeping the public in the dark because he thought Hillary was going to win.

19. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I'll say it.

Russia hacked into 21 state election boards and their electronic voting machines. Giving them the ability to change enough votes in certain districts to hand the electoral college to Trump.

If Republicans can wear tinfoil hats then so can I.

20. Gutwrench, Jun 23, 2017

Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Apparently you don't read the Washington Post?

If not, you missed quite the heroic tale.

21. Rigby, Jun 23, 2017

Rigby macrumors 601

Yep. And it's just as ridiculous that he's acting as if he just learned about this from the press. This is the President, who gets daily intelligence briefings and was obviously briefed by his predecessor. He knew all along what was going on but publicly refused to even acknowledge that this country and our democracy were attacked. Instead, he laughed it up with the Russians in the oval office.

BTW, the Washington Post reports this:

"U.S. intelligence agencies had sourcing deep inside the Russian government capturing Vladimir Putin’s direct instructions to damage Hillary Clinton’s chances of winning and help elect Donald Trump."

Their highly detailed reporting is worth reading:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/national-security/obama-putin-election-hacking/

22. darksithpro macrumors 6502

As a previous Bernie Bro I agree...

23. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Nice try but not true. They did get into the states' databases but they could do nothing because the states only have a record of voters. It's the districts that send the votes in after they are counted. You would have to hack the machines to change votes.

Try harder.

24. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Whoooosh - that's the sound of the point going straight over your head

25. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Well there were those pesky sanctions, the ones Trump wants lifted, and the expulsion of the Russian diplomats. If he tried to do something more, the Right would have pounced that he was trying to interfere with the election. Trump sure as hell would have tried to use it.