Trump University Preyed on Elderly and Uneducated

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jun 1, 2016.

1. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Duh. Yeah, that's how the legal system works in this country.

All of these right-wingers coming out of the woodwork: "I am not defending Donald Trump, I just have one thing to say in his defense..."

If you go back and read the full post, things might make more sense. My post was in response to @Renzatic . He doesn't think illegal use of "university" in the organizations name is a reason for the law suit in New York. He is wrong. The name is exactly what precipitated the investigation. It is a prominent example of fraud the AG is using in his prosecution.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

No way! That can't be true. Nobody could be that psychotic. Admit it: you cribbed that from an Onion headline.

3. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

My comment was not about defending Trump, which I stated explicitly, nor the merits of the case. Rather, it was a comment about AG Scheniderman and his use of bullying tactics generally. I think your seemingly pathological hatred of Trump and anyone who supports, mentions, or associates with him is blinding you from thinking objectively about this.

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

Just the latest track the Left is jumping on, after all else has proven to fall flat.

You even got Hillary the criminal lambasting Trump about this.

5. Tmelon macrumors 65816

I'm really not looking forward to every debate with Hillary and Trump being a back and forth between Trump University and Clinton's emails.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Hillary will refuse to debate after one debate and that might actually work for her.

7. obeygiant macrumors 601

obeygiant

Also Trump's tax returns (he's being audited) and Clinton's Goldman Sachs speeches. cough never happen cough

8. Tmelon macrumors 65816

Is all of this refusal to debate typical? From what I remember about 2008 and 2012, the candidates were much more eager to debate each other frequently. Then again, nothing about this election is typical.
    Trump will probably pull the same excuse about being audited. I've seen a lot of speculation that the thing that what he's trying to hide in his tax returns is that he has done little to no charitable giving prior to this election. As for the speeches, Bernie let her off easy in the debates when they were brought up. She didn't just refuse to release them; she refused to even acknowledge that the speeches existed. I'm betting that Hillary will refuse to release the speeches unless Trump releases his tax returns and it'll be a stalemate.

9. FieldingMellish, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

Here's comments from successful Trump U students, not the losers looking to cash in, both monetarily and politically. - Along with the scum-sucking lawyers that gave Hillary loads of cash for favors.

10. bent christian, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Nothing suspicious about a YouTube video produced by the Donald J. Trump for President channel. This might have more credibility if the information came from a third party and not the campaign itself.

One thing we do know - Trump "University" was operating fraudulently, illegally, and unlicensed under New York law.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So what? This case has been working it's way through the courts for awhile. How long has this law firm been involved? Or are we to believe that both Hillary and the law firm had a crystal ball that could see into the future and tell them who would be the GOP nominee before the primaries even began? In fact, before Trump even threw his hat into the race?

Per your own link:

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

My link and info is a strong indictment of criminal and shameless Hillary. Like your comment makes a difference. We get to see the tentacles Hillary has via her lavish acceptance of millions of pay to players, and Hillary, who incredulously brings up Trump, while she's being investigated by a team of over a hundred Federal Bureau of Investigation agents.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

My comment does make a difference. You attempted to portray the law firm acting on behalf of Hillary's wishes when they would have had some sort of time machine to know Trump would even be in the race, much less be the pompous nominee.

You tried, and you failed.

14. caesarp macrumors 6502a

When has it ever been appropriate for a brand marketing executive (which is what Trump is - -not a real estate tycoon anymore), who sets up fraudulent businesses, to be President. Why do you defend that? Why do you defend Trump? Clearly he is unqualified to be President. At no time has he held any elective office; he is clueless about foreign affairs, other than what he reads/hears on the TV; and he basically changes his position to suit whomever is listening at the moment.

Why on earth would you think that Trump is an appropriate President. Its a joke. A PR stunt that went beyond even what he imagined. A guy who runs beauty pageants, sells steaks, runs a fraudulent university, and puts his "brand" name on condo developments -- but when they fail he wants no blame -- really? You think that's good presidential material?

I don't care who Trump is running against. Trump has zero qualifications. He is an entertainer -- nothing more.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And he doesn't even run the "university" or sell steaks anymore. He couldn't even get those things right. So how is he going to run a country?

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

we must elect him to see how he will do it :D
    Hillary will not win IMHO.

17. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Modern Republicans are in awe of the power and authority Trump projects. That is all they need - a "strong" leader to guide them and "crush" the opposition. They are neo-feudalist.

We understand these are only projections, a facade with nothing of substance for support. This is why it will crumble.

Sadly, Donald Trump as a political leader will never come to pass. His 2016 campaign will go down as the greatest slow-motion car crash in U.S. political history to date. I wonder how the Republican Party will top themselves in 2020. This great comedy and highly entertaining. Can they repeat?

18. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is low, even for you Mr. Mellish. A ****ing campaign video?

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

Totally credible commentary said by the man advocating forceful prevention of Trump rallies and insinuating Trump is a pedophile. :rolleyes:

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Good God...Trump just retweeted that he wants to reopen his scam "university"! :eek: The man is absolutely shameless.

image.jpeg

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    So Trump decided to use his campaign channel to whitewash his con job university with snazzy promotional videos?

Yes. This is the man who should be our president.

22. caesarp macrumors 6502a

So you think it was legit? Aren't all of these for profit real estate course things pretty much fraudulent. I would have assumed it was a scam from the get go (Trump or not) -- just like all of those real estate programs you see advertised on late night TV. Basically if they were legit, the people working for the company would all be real estate millionaires -- so why are they simply employees of the real estate company instead?

Its not hard to see that this was a scam. I would not have fallen for it -- but why would you defend it? Its clearly just a brand marketing thing, meant to strip gullible people of their money. There is no doubt about it. So why are you defending it?

23. FieldingMellish Suspended

It's great to see you've relented and become a Trump supporter.

But - aren't you in the UK?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 2, 2016 ---
    By your yardstick, all college and university students should be rich in high-paying jobs. That is clearly not the case.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yes. I've all but decided to lower my standards. By this point, I'll vote for anyone who tells me I'm pretty.

And no, I'm in Georgia.

25. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Trump "University" was not a university. It illegally used that descriptor without license or charter, specifically to deceive its seminar attendees.