Trump Upset Jared Kushner Took Aspen Ski Vacation as Health Care Bill Faltered

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Mar 24, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ha! This is funny. As if seeing Republicans fight among themselves wasn't enough fun this week, now we get to see the first family itself in a disagreement. Good times!

http://ktla.com/2017/03/24/trump-up...en-ski-vacation-as-health-care-bill-faltered/

Of course there is a downside too:

Aspen ruined, claim skiers, after the Trump family turns up with 100 secret service agents in tow

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/s...-holiday-to-aspen-ruins-the-american-resorts/

All those agents traveling isn't cheap. For a vacation only two months into this administration. Must be nice! Not nice to taxpayers though. More money added to the Trump family travel expense. Again, only two months into things. My gosh, how much is this family going to cost us over four years?!

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

According to a source, must be nice to base every story on nothing.

3. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

4. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Trump bases his claims on nothing all the time (because they don't exist!) and strangely you don't seem to have a problem with that.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

No. It apparently really did happen.

[​IMG]

When the going gets tough ... the trump go to Aspen.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I hope we don't end up paying for the SS ski rentals.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 24, 2017 ---
    Boss signing the weekly payroll slips. "I thought you were protecting Trump". Uh ya we were. So why didn't I see any of you in Washington. Ohh that trump. Ya **** him.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Pray/say/tell what are they supposed to do? They are not elected and hold no real power

8. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Disappear? That would be nice.

PS you're sorely missed in the Trumpcare threads. :)

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

They did disappear,,,,to Aspen :p

No one quoted me or mentioned my name that I have seen

10. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I doubt there were 100 agents. Even Obama and Bush didn't bring that many agents when they visited our state. So why would the daughter of POTUS and her beau require possibly 3x a much? Someone's fibbing. Them going to Aspen is not fake news, though. Though they did miss some of the better powder over a month ago. As long as their kids had fun, even if it was thanks to taxpayer expense. Those kids need to stay out of the DC limelight.

11. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Somebody doing something bad doesn't give you an excuse to also do something bad. You know that right?

12. appleisking macrumors 6502a

In what way does Trump think Jared Kishner is in any way qualified to advise on legislation anyway.

13. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

He's no more unqualified than any other political we have as far as I'm concerned.

14. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Exactly. So remind us why they need SS at all? Nobody would kidnap any of them, certainly not Tiffany - Donald forgets she's his daughter. Possibly Ivanka.

15. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Trumps want it both ways.

Trump has gone out of his way to give important roles in the White House to his relatives and extended family. While claiming that they are really just ordinary civilians. Trump's sons are extended Secret Services protection while they conduct their private business. This is in addition to the millions it costs every time Trump himself visits Mar-a-Lago. And the nearly $1 million a week it's costing to provide security at Trump Tower.

I think reasonable people understand that a President needs to take time off, and that it is necessary to provide security to his immediate family. But there are limits to that. If Trump needs to relax on weekends, there is Camp David, which can be reached by helicopter, and does not disrupt the life and commerce of an entire city three weekends a month.

And that comes before we even start to take into account the other glaring conflicts of interest involved in the Trump Presidency, such as his Washington hotel. None of these things may actually rise to the level of being crimes. But I firmly believe they have (very early in his Administration) done a lot to damage Trump's popular support. I think a lot of people who voted for the man, and even some of his longer-term supporters, are running out of patience with him.

16. HEK Suspended

HEK

Don't forget the police hangers on......aspen city, county sheriff', and state police, on top of secret service and usually US Marshal's as well. These trips get to be quite the security party time. Even the part time deputy auxilury comes out for these trips. Lot's of hefty overtime pay. Mm mmm good.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I wasn't refuting that they went to Aspen, but that Trump was "fuming" about it. The left has been pulling this **** since the campaign, every time something doesn't go Trumps way "his staff is falling apart", "infighting" etc.

18. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Not questioning that, it is the 100 USSS agents that is BS.

19. HEK Suspended

HEK

Don't be too sure. Multiple individuals to cover, three shifts. As well as administrative secret service staff, pre trip prep staff. They have to vette all locations, resorts, hotels, airport, road travel routes, etc. 100 is not so far fetched. Plus you can't go by the obvious ones you see, they are others scattered around that are not in suits with ear pieces.........oh wait those could be people with EarPods.

20. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

They shouldn't need the use of 100 SS agents.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Agreed. But that's an issue with the SS
    --- Post Merged, Mar 25, 2017 ---
    The obamas children as well as Clinton had SS protection.
    I'd say 3 per member is more than enough

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It was certainly ruined for anyone trying to enjoy themselves in close proximity to the security.

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I see. So you were overly broad with your complaint. Perhaps in the future you can be more specific and actually describe what it is that you're refuting.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Why start now :D