Trump: US divided into 4 groups, which are you?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Feb 12, 2017.

?

What group do you fall in?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2017.
  1. Believers

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Conditionals

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Curious

15 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Resisters

36 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. PracticalMac, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Anthony Salvanto on Face the Nation (Feb 12, 2017) presented a case there are basically 4 groups of people when it comes to their opinion of Trump.
    See here.

Believers: Believe Trump no matter what he says (ie: "Jesus Christ is my Oval Office waiting list to see me")
    Conditionals: Supports, but Trump must deliver on 1 or 2 key pledges, mainly economy
    Curious: Curious to see what happens, but is much more focused on key issue, overwhelming economy.
    Resisters: Stop Trump, no ifs, ands or butts [intended spelling]

Which are you?

Open for 21 days

EDIT: Added image from above link
    Which group.jpg

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I'd say curious, although I defend Trump in some instances I don't actually support him as much as not supporting Hillary. There are a few issues which would put me into the resisters group and trying to execute Snowden would be one of them.

3. Huntn, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

At one point, I imagined Trump might be better than Cruz, sometimes he (Trump) actually sounds reasonable. But faced with the undeniable Trump mental issues, along with his divisive sexist, racist, xenophobic campaign, I migrated from Curious to Resister.

[​IMG]
    This is the U.S. with the Trump Presidency.
    How long before we get burned?​

4. Scepticalscribe, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I'm not from the US.

However, watching - appalled - as events unfold, as catastrophe and incompetence fight inexperience and tweeted expressions of thin-skinned thwarted rage - from the presumed safety of several blessed thousands of miles away - in other words, from Across The Pond, - I have to say that I have never felt so profoundly uneasy about an American President as I do now.

Resister doesn't begin to express my appalled disgust and transfixed horror strongly enough.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I have never felt this insecure before about the future of the US, and the potential catastrophic impact on the world when Mr Thin skin faces something along the lines of a Cuban missile crisis. I shudder at the thought of macho prevailing over prudent diplomacy coming from the guy who knows more than the experts. :(

6. zin macrumors 6502

Wow, so many obstructionists on PRSI.

7. SusanK macrumors 68000

We need on more option. I'm in the heaven help us group.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm a resister. The man, and his entourage, don't mean well for ordinary Americans.

He's too much the outlier. He gives the impression of having every intent to run the place by fiat and to hell with the courts and the Hill and the Fourth Estate, never mind the voters, whose assistance he no longer requires. He's wearing the crown and good luck to us trying to remove it.

McConnell's already putting public daylight between himself and Trump on assorted issues. Ryan still trying to hold his House together so he's more circumspect, so far. That may not work to his advantage as time goes on. He'd do better drawing up articles of impeachment. It won't go well if the Dems have to impeach this guy. The establishment part of the House is almost ready to join that vote, if they could just get a few more bills onto Trump's desk first.

Mike Pence is a good insurance policy. He might not be good enough. He's becoming less good by the day as he's more or less forced either to endorse or try to sidestep the insanities and outright lies promulgated by Trump's advisors. We could end up with Ryan in the Oval Office the way things are going. He wouldn't be my choice either but at least he doesn't hide his agenda. Pence may have forgotten his by now; he's been gaslighted by Trump's crew more than anyone else in America.

Get out there and tell them that's not what we said, Mikey.

Meanwhile hundreds of posts go unfilled by Trump, many in key agencies. Rule by fiat, who needs deputies?

I'd like to be able to say I'm still curious. I'm only curious about how long we put up with Trump before the GOP does the right thing and ships him back to the land of reality TV.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's funny how people react to demonstrated incompetence and looming disaster, isn't it? :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Feb 12, 2017 ---
    Most likely he'd be fired there too.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I still think he'd rather be running an alt-right TV channel blazing away at Prez Hillary, than having to govern this fractious country. Bannon, however, is a happy man, or would be if he could just shut the mainstream press up.

11. zin macrumors 6502

I don't know, $7 billion investment from Intel doesn't sound like looming disaster to me.

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

One thing is certain, Trump is killing the chances of an outsider becoming President again for a long time. We'll soon be back to scripted, artificial, career politicians who propose things that never happen. The sure victor in all of this will be the two-party system that affords 325 million people the chance to pick between two. Whether Trump succeeds or is a failure, this will not be allowed to happen again.

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think America is actually divided into two groups. Kool-Aid drinkers, who've fallen for the biggest flim-flam artist in modern history. And the rest of us. Who know that when something looks like a con, acts like a con, and keeps telling lies like a con - it probably is.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Trump is clearly mentally ill. I've been saying that for years. And my feelings of resistance aren't limited to Trump, I would oppose anyone I thought to be mentally compromised in some way.

That being said, as resistant as I am, I am also looking upon this as some weird experiment. A dangerous experiment like something that could blow up in a lab, but interesting nonetheless.

I just wish Republicans weren't in rubber stamp mode when it comes to Trump's nominees, many of which I feel are unqualified. I feel like one of the key checks and balances in government isn't really there at a time when we need that check to be there the most. That's rather disheartening...and disturbing.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What happened to the believers? Or do they secretly hate Trump too but are too ashamed to admit it.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Not sure how price points work out. Corporate tax changes, one time bring-profits-home gigs... wear off. I'm not a complete skeptic. It's certainly true we've let too many jobs go but bringing them "back" is not possible. Creating new ones, or newish ones, as Intel is planning on doing, is a step in right direction. Bringing back bakery jobs from Canada or Mexico is less likely... depending on how right to work laws spread from state to state here.

Prediction: we may now become much more like China, where factories close overnight when management sees something it doesn't like in the wind (or on Bloomberg terminals). So far we've seen jobs evaporate steadily but we're not yet used to seeing big investments followed by big disapppearances. This is a grand experiment here and not least an attempt to get around hassles from Trump's administration. The shareholders will weigh in on how Intel looks to them not too far down the road, and likewise for other publicly traded companies. The rest of our enterprises, privately held, are already managed as if by Chinese entrepreneurs, flipping companies back and forth to vulture capitalists like so many omelets set out anew after a pass over the steam table and some fresh garnish.

17. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Is there a 'Don't care' or 'waiting for America to burn' vote?

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well waiting for america to burn would be a believer vote

19. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I am of the group that doesn't believe in group classification for people on complex issues...

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So you are an independent?

21. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

That surprises you? We're always outnumbered here by at least 5-1. :D

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I didn't know you were a progressive.

23. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

24. MacNut macrumors Core