Trump v Clinton - a comparison of their latest videos

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 5, 2016.

1. samcraig, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Fixed

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Okay...now I can compare.

Frankly, I don't like either one. Trump's is more doom and gloom and features him literally yelling his lines. Not good. Not inspirational. It's just a pile of crap.

Clinton's while providing a good deal of material is way too text based and requires way too much reading. Yeah, with Trump I know there is always a lot to get through, but there is so much reading in so little time that I had to rewind the video. There simply isn't enough time to absorb it all. And it's not inspirational in the least either. Thus I rate this crappy too though slightly better by the thinnest of hair margin....but really it's a draw.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Fair analysis.. I was pointing out the tone and style more... I agree though

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think this one from the Clinton campaign is much more effective. Still not an inspirational type video, but wow...when you see all those people questioning the Trump Russia connection...many of them Republicans, it does give a person pause I think.

8. chown33 macrumors 604

There should be a little girl. And a flower. Maybe a daisy.
    And some numbers. Maybe she's counting.
    Something like that.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I like this new one even better. Very inspirational.

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Trump's videos often feel like commercials for disaster movies. Not all of Hillary's are about hope, but they don't pray on people's fear nearly as much.

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I prefer the lengthy verbiage... though I've got a lot to do, I'll spend some time to read it one day. 30 second sound bytes are what Americans have come to, thanks to the media and companies like Apple that love to treat the audience like a bus full of the "intellectually challenged" and then blame them for being intellectually challenged for other things... For example:

12. Thomas Veil, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016

Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Frankly, I didn't mind Hillary's being text-based. It made its point very well, and the music added a little snark.

Trump's video probably made its point too...but what point? That if you so much as open your front door, the Walking Dead will swarm all over you and eat your brain and then feast on your newborn baby's entrails? That was way over the top. But then so is the candidate.

Edit:

Now that I've seen the other two that MadeTheSwitch posted, I like those too.

The first one doesn't come right out and accuse Trump of being a traitor...it just dangles a lot of scary suggestions in front of you.

The second one does a nice job of contrasting the vastly different tones of the two campaigns.

I think these will work for her. After a year of watching Trump's rabid hyena act, I think political ads like Clinton's will represent a reassuring return to normalcy for a lot of people.