Trump verbally bullies Fed judge. Judge orders release of Trump University documents

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, May 29, 2016.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

Showing his usual vulgar disrespect for the basic institutions of civic life in the U.S., Donald Trump tries to verbally and racially bully a federal judge. In response, the federal judge hoists Trump on his own retard.

Trump attacks 'Mexican' judge in Trump U lawsuit

Over the course of 12 minutes, Donald Trump used a campaign rally in San Diego on Friday night to lace into the judge overseeing a lawsuit over Trump University, calling him a “hater” and speculating about his ethnicity.

“The trial is going to take place sometime in November. There should be no trial. This should have been dismissed on summary judgment easily,” Trump said. “Everybody says it, but I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater. He’s a hater. His name is Gonzalo Curiel.”

~~

..Trump has repeatedly attacked Curiel and New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, claiming the former is "Spanish" and the latter is out to get him for electoral gain.

At Friday night's rally, he got more specific, telling the crowd he believes Curiel — who was born in the United States — is Mexican.

“The judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great, I think that’s fine,” Trump said, according to the LA Times. “You know what? I think the Mexicans are going to end up loving Donald Trump when I give all these jobs, OK?”

Judge acknowledges Donald Trump's attacks, unseals files in Trump U suit

Just hours after Trump used a campaign speech at a San Diego convention center to unleash a remarkable verbal fusillade against U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel, the judge — who also happens to be based in the same Southern California city — acknowledged in a much more measured fashion the criticism Trump has aimed at the court.

"Defendant became the front-runner for the Republican nomination in the 2016 presidential race, and has placed the integrity of these court proceedings at issue," Curiel said in an order unsealing a series of internal Trump University documents that Trump's lawyers asked be kept from the public.

The judge's order didn't make reference to Trump's 12-minute tirade Friday afternoon in which the all-but-certain Republican nominee called Curiel a "hater" and again invoked his Latino heritage. However, the judge cited a series of news stories from earlier in the campaign, including an NBC story which noted Trump called Curiel "extremely unfair" and an Associated Press story titled, "Trump: Judge’s ethnicity matters in Trump University suit."

~~

The judge cited a series of news stories from earlier in the campaign, including an NBC story which noted Trump called Curiel "extremely unfair" and an Associated Press story titled, "Trump: Judge’s ethnicity matters in Trump University suit."

“I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater. He’s a hater. His name is Gonzalo Curiel ... I think Judge Curiel should be ashamed of himself,” Trump said at Friday's rally, echoing many of the same points he made in speeches a few months ago. “I’m telling you, this court system, judges in this court system, federal court, they ought to look into Judge Curiel. Because what Judge Curiel is doing is a total disgrace, OK?"​

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Trump and his love of Hispanics or in this case Spanish. Like it matters what nationality the judge is. Trump attacks anyone that finds fault in him.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Trump doesn't seem to understand that his bullying has limitations. That might work on some others, but it's not a good idea to try and bully a judge.

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

he is so used to buying people off or threatening to use it is all he has in his arsenal.

5. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
  6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Read the thread title. All depends on how the judge acts .still pretty stupid to piss off a judge imho

7. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

It's trump you expect respect?

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

He decided to throw the book at Trump for being a cocky bastard, which isn't overstepping his boundaries. Trump has no one to blame but himself, and his big mouth for this.

Which reminds me of...

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Judge is a big boy; with the full power of the Court behind him.

What ought to concern voters is the fact that Trump spent that amount of time at a campaign event talking about something that was of precisely zero interest to anyone other than himself.

We elect Presidents and other legislators to look out for the interests of us as voters, and of the country as a whole. Big, important things: Building highways and airports. Making sure our military has the tools it needs. Making sure our social safety net takes care of the neediest. Our education system is preparing our young people. Our Government is protecting the air we breathe and the water we drink.

No matter what your views on any subject, from gun control to religion. Taxes and spending to foreign policy. You don't want a President who is going to spend all of his time thinking about his own personal business and legal affairs.

Obviously every President has a personal and business life. But I literally cannot remember any President or Candidate, ever, voluntarily blathering on about his own problems like they were a matter of concern to voters.

The fact that Trump did that ought to tell you where his priorities lie.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

But think about all the attention he's garnering for himself? If he's found guilty, all he'll have to do is scream he's being victimized by judicial activism, and people will come flocking towards him.

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Its not a criminal trial. Its one of several civil lawsuits brought by dissatisfied clients of the defunct Trump University.

Trump's behavior is that of a psychopath.

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well ya he is calming godhood and getting followers. trump the true leader.

13. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

If that's the case, if you go to court, why don't you insult a judge?

Do you think you will be treated identically? Why or why not?

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I think you misread me.

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Conservatives and liberals alike. Trump has soft skills, that's for sure!

16. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

This is pretty much an evergreen sentence.

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Not sure how. Your post, in response to a link to some article, read:

Now if you're not going to write after the summary of how someone misread you by explaining what you believed what that person was thinking was misinterpreting, or merely getting to the point by explaining WHY you thought someone was misreading. Instead, it's an empty one-liner. Of course people might misinterpret.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Maybe I'm misreading you, Hell. I don't know. From what I gather, you seem to be working under the impression that I'm saying trump has grounds for recusal. I'm not. What I'm saying is that Trump can't call for a recusal due to conflict of interest because it was his big mouth and stupid ass that got him hot water to begin with. As long as the judge doesn't overstep his boundaries in response, which he hasn't yet, Trump has no legal recourses to fall back on to cover his own ass.

19. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Difficult to say if his behavior is crazy or crazy. I would guess that he thinks he is going to lose on the evidence, so, he is following the strategy used so often in sports -- when you are losing, foul like crazy, and hope that the winning side retaliates and ends up with the short end of the stick. Trump seems to be hoping that the judge will overstep his bounds. And, if Trump is going to lose anyway, he might as well get some victimhood publicity out of it.

20. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

Judges are generally going to frown upon efforts to legally benefit from bad behavior toward the court. If Trump disrespects the court and gets appropriately* sanctioned for doing so, he can't turn around and claim the sanction is evidence of bias against him.

* The judge's actions must be legally justifiable and are always subject to appellate review.

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Its hard for me to see this as rational behavior on any level.

What is more important to Trump? Getting elected President of the United States? Or prevailing in a lawsuit over an slimy - but probably not illegal - business venture?

If Trump loses this lawsuit he will, at worst - be out a few million dollars. Chump change, you would think, for a guy who tells us he is worth OVER TEN BILLION DOLLARS.

Its hard for me to imagine that him bringing the Trump University business up will, under any circumstances, yield a net increase in the number of people who will end up voting for or supporting him. The number of people who have been ripped off by similar over-hyped schemes probably outnumbers the class of people who have been sued for running them.

So why did Trump spend the best part of a quarter hour boring attendees at his rally over this case? The only plausible answer lies in the essentially psychopathic part of Trump's brain: The feelings or interests of other people are irrelevant to him. All that is important to the psychopath is his own perceived importance and worth.

22. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

A substantial number of his people may feel threatened by the idea of a powerful Latino judge. Trump has been doing everything he can to activate those people's fears and get them out to vote for him.

23. FieldingMellish Suspended

We know that judges can be ass- holes. Many like to rule from the bench to pass things that the public would not vote for, or that has a slim chance of winning. Biased idealogical social warriors in a robe. We also know that it was NBC and Univision who were bullies, looking to financially harm Trump. So Trump lambasts and brings it up in plain sight for all to see - a judge looking for a score and for bragging rights on the cocktail circuit, leading to a book deal and then his own TV show.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think he is just trying to get out in front of the story so he can later say it's old news and nothing to see here folks. Plus he has learned when it comes out of your own mouth, it blunts the severity of things a bit compared to some legal team or reporter bringing the issue up.

Also, there is no greater story for Trump to talk about than Trump himself. He wants everyone to be as interested in his life as he is. That's what a narssistic arrogant person does.