Trump vs. Cruz

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jwolf6589, Mar 5, 2016.

?

Trump or Cruz

1. Trump

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Cruz

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Rubio or Kasich.

Trump needs to read up on H1B abuse. Most of us have been taken advantage of, in one form or another.

3. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

would rather just let an acme fall on my head

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

5. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

Ok so you know how to do a poll. Now you need to work on a good poll. Include "neither" as an option.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

7. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Neither one are good Christians. Bernie seems more Christian then those two. At least he wants to help others.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I wouldn't vote for either. However in the case that someone had a gun to my head and said I had to choose, I'd think long and hard about just taking the bullet, but in the end probably go for Trump since while he is completely immoral he doesn't usually claim to be a Christian while acting against everything in the Bible like Cruz does.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Your poll.... is not for people like me. I feel so left out. I'm sure I'll recover.

I'm a Democrat. I cannot vote for Trump or Cruz in my primary election, and for that I thank the good Lord, the people who raised me to think for myself and the State of New York for having a closed primary system. Not that I would be tempted THIS YEAR to cross the party line in the primaries anyway.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Why not? Clinton's already got the Democratic nomination, you might as well cross over and vote in the one that still matters if you can.

11. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I don't know.

The open primary system is nice if you would, in an ideal world, vote for none of the candidates on either side. I'd take Bernie over many of the Republicans, but some of the Republicans over Bernie. This gave me the flexibility to decide whether it was more important for me to vote for Sanders in the Democrat primary or Kasich or Rubio or Paul (yeah, I know, but no reason not to make a point) in the GOP.

In the end, though, it really just broke my brain.

12. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

In truth I sometimes wish we did have an open primary in New York. The kind where you can be registered ahead as an independent, then register with a party of your choice on primary voting day (for the time you're in the precinct to cast your vote), and become an independent again upon exit.

I realize with that model that I and anyone else might be tempted to try to game the system and pick the weakest of the opposition's candidates. It's a natural enough impulse but not very sensible when one thinks about it.

On balance I think if we all had open primaries then we'd also have candidates who were less to the respective fringe of major parties, but also not as centrist as with establishment party candidates now. Why? Because otherwise everyone would be picking the fringiest guy they could find on the party they don't actually prefer. After a few disasters (losing very badly, winning with a complete dork) both parties would wise up and start putting up candidates with reasonable but distinct platforms and may the best candidate win.

Thinking this could happen in New York State is probably a pipe dream. Our state districts are gerrymandered of course, and the bicameral legislature usually has the assembly and senate majority in different parties, so everything to do with drawing district lines or voting or ballot issues becomes a battle royal.

The federal courts actually ended up doing the 2012 Congressional redistricting for NY state: our little scorpions couldn't stop fighting over a new map, right up to within a week of when candidates were supposed to start filing ballot petitions. A federal judge finally more or less said ok I got this, here's your damn map, and shortly thereafter a three-judge federal panel tweaked it a tiny bit, approved it and put its ruling out along with some pretty spicy remarks about the state legislators' abandonment of consitutional duties and so forth, but I guess the NYS legislators were too busy staving off indictments to pay that much attention to something as minor as getting federal Congressional districts drawn up in timely fashion.

Time will tell. We're still gerrymandered. The Supreme Court has even ruled in favor of gerrymandering in at least one case brought over something in Pennsyvlania I think it was, so I guess the protection of incumbents may be here to stay. What happens then is you get primaries with Democrats running as Republicans and Republicans running as Conservatives. We might have been better off with ward politics, at least you knew the upper-ticket candidate had some bona fides working his way up the party ladder from there!

14. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I prefer Rubio because on a national level he was more electable until he went off the reservation this week, but his showing today is very very poor. He and Kasich will stick around until Ohio and Florida, but it's time to find out if Trump has a 40% ceiling or not. Get it down to two and see where it goes. Let the chips fall where they may.

I don't care about the size of your hands Mr. Trump. I really don't. Nor does the rest of the country

15. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

I hope that the American people will vote for the first one that shows some respect for reason, critical thinking, facts, science, etc. instead of self promotion (Trump) or promotion of a dangerous belief in a book of fictional sudo-history and an imaginary God (Cruz).

Oh, I guess that means that I would not even consider voting for EITHER of them! They are both pieces of crap human beings whose ideals would be devastating to the future of our Nation.

16. jerwin macrumors 65816

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

I think they are both interesting candidates.

I still hope that Trump will choose Cruz as his VP.
    That would be awesome.

18. Robisan macrumors 6502

Trump/Palin or GTFO.

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

That would only be awesome if you want Clinton to win in a landslide.

20. FieldingMellish Suspended

Wow. Catch a dictator off hours and I can look beyond the self-pinned unearned medals and pair of epaulets and throw down a few and get to know the man.

21. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

22. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

That was...odd. And, frankly, would have made great propaganda to show that Hitler's ideas weren't those of a monster, but the common, ordinary, everyday man.

I'm curious to know the source behind it.

23. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Cruz is a Bush insider - enough of the same old. Rubio..well if you really research his history...all I can say is...wow..definitely no.

Trump is an outsider, never saw such bi-partisan effort to stop him...makes one wonder why hmm?
    You really have to question who and what is the establishment.. Koch bros. to Soros..all MSM news, Banks, Wall street, who all are financed or the special interest both Trump and Sanders are challenging. The one element special interest did not think of when covering all their bases to rigg the vote with money influence is...a billionaire that would actually challenge them.

While I see MSM and the bi-partisan political insiders all in panic and smear mode from KKK to Hitler, I remind myself of the old saying.. *he who doth protest the most...*

Then as Trump keeps attacking the status quo and the special interest, it also reminds me of another saying -
    *if you want to see the cockroaches scramble, all you have to do is shed a light on them*

Trump is not scripted thus not perfect, he is no hitler or racist if you listen beyond the massive funded propaganda of the elites on both sides of the political illusion spectrum.

Anyone wants real change to shake it up in DC, Trump is the only one IMO, as we need a leader not a smooth talking policy politician that will stab us in the back.....again.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That's the scariest thing about bloodthirsty dictators, they're all normal people, just like everyone else.