Trump wants to go to war.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Feb 27, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So Donald Trump wants to pump 54 billion into defense and cut everything else to pay for it.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...d-54-billion-to-the-1488211206-htmlstory.html

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

er, Oclueless already plunged the U.S into plenty of war
    [​IMG]
    no need for "NEW" conflicts, plenty of bombs to drop in the countries listed

:(:(:(:(:( seriously need to end this stupidity

3. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Wow, @jkcerda, do you really love Bush that much? I mean, he went ahead and sent our troops into other countries, not just our bombs. He knocked over entire governments, sent the entire Mideast into chaos, and bankrupted the country. If you think his approach was better than Obama's, you're never going to see an end to the stupidity.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

your life in Manga has affected you too much. Bush IMHO is a war criminal. that makes Obama a war criminal BTW :D

5. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I think he is saying that Bush and Obama both gave us enough war to last us decades.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

THANK YOU, been anti war for a while here, unlike obviously plenty of democrats/liberals who have no problem with it when their moron is waging it.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

December 6th 2016:

John McCain in his opening statement of the Senate Armed Services Committee:

"Here at home, we need to return to a strategy-based defense budget. Our next President would need more than $100 billion over and above the Budget Control Act caps just to execute our current defense strategy, which is insufficient, since it predates Russian invasion of Ukraine and ISIL's rampage across Syria and Iraq. This will require our next President to negotiate a broad bipartisan agreement on the budget that brings an end to the dangerous and misguided Budget Control Act."

Don't discount the GOP's (and Dems) role in spending our country into ruin on military matters. $54 Billion called for by Trump is actually LESS than the warmongers are asking for. They will get the rest, but (as called for in the hearing) they are going to do it by cutting the pay of soldiers amongst other things.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

what a shame :( ALL of it, we need to end the wars.

9. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Anti-war would mean complaining about both Bush & Obama, not spending all your time saying Obama is worse than Bush. (Especially when it is intuitively obvious that Bush was far more interested in starting wars than Obama ever was.)

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

overlook the fact I called Bush a war criminal, guess you don't seem to like facts much, it is a fact Obama bombed more countries that bush. so spare me what anti war means as you seem to not have a clue what it is.

11. samiwas, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017

samiwas macrumors 65816

So, spend $54 billion more on defense, and cut domestic programs. Yeah, he's really looking out for the average American.

REPUBLICAN LOGIC
    A short screenplay by samiwas
    Characters:
    ANGRY GUY 1 - Fat and wrinkled, one hand holding a Budweiser, other hand on his holstered pistol, beard to his belly button, and a spent cigarette dangling from his lips.
    WEIRD GUY 1 - Hipster wannabe, wearing his tie-yes Che Guevara t-shirt, bell bottoms, and thick round glasses with no lenses.

Angry Guy 1: We spend too much money on all of these government programs!

Weird Guy 1: So what should we do about it?

Angry Guy 1: If any of these programs aren't performing at 110%, we should defund them!!!

Weird Guy 1: But won't that kill the programs that are helping people?

Angry Guy 1: Too bad! If these programs waste even a dollar, they need to be defunded and removed!!

Weird Guy 1: I just heard Trump say that we are fighting all these wars that we never win.

Angry Guy 1: That's because we don't fund our military enough! We need to increase the military budget!!!

Weird Guy 1: Then, shouldn't we increase the budget of programs that are helping people but may not be performing as well as they could?

Angry Guy 1: NO!!!!! We spend too much money on all of these government programs! If any of these programs aren't performing at 110%, we should defund them!!!

END OF ACT 1

12. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

It isn't that you call Bush a war-monger. It's that you consistently call Obama a worse war-monger, even though he did less than Bush. You're going backwards, man. If that's the way you see things, then when Trump sends in ground troops to attack mainland China, you'll call him less of a war-monger than both of the previous guys...

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

manga logic, bombing more countries than bush did is doing "less".

14. samiwas macrumors 65816

Not going to go researching, but that's kind of like saying "more people voted for Trump because he won more states". In other words, jkcerda logic. Huh...two words I never thought I'd put together.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think it's funny that Trump said on domestic programs we'll just have to do more with less and be more efficient. Well, why can't we do that with the military? Just what war are we preparing for? The final one that destroys us all?

16. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

lol....and yet not a word from you that's critical of Trump when he wants to ramp up the war machine

17. EnderBeta macrumors 6502

EnderBeta

The only thing Bush did wrong was not keep the oil for ourselves.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

because your feelings are in the way, continuing the bush wars while engaging in more of his own make Obama the bigger war monger, simple as that.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 27, 2017 ---
    implied in post 2. again post 8. hell I have been saying it for a while but since you guys seemingly operate on feelings you can't see it :D

19. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

your "logic" makes Trump an even bigger warmonger than both of then....... :p

lol.....we all see you trying to focus on Obama

"implied" is "fake news"™

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

at least as big as Obama, the moron is crapping on the constitution almost as bad a the retard before him. I have spoken out against his EO's. unlike most of you here a spade is a spade to me.

21. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

yet you can't even bring yourself to say his name :p

plus you've been defending his "crapping on the constitution".

I'm just calling a spade a spade :D

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

trump is a warmonger at least as big as Obama

there, feel better? said plenty of times I like my Muslims the same way I like my guns, unregistered so .... BTW I cheeto hitler & mango messiah are the names I have used for trump.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

wow that changes all the defending you have done of trump and his EO's you hate to love but do.

24. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Also in today's news: Retired U.S. military officers urge Congress to fully fund diplomacy, aid

Link: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-budget-foreignpolicy-idUSKBN1661YK

I guess little trump wants to puff himself up as a "War President" now? Not that he'd be sacrificing anything.

25. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I bet you feel like you need a shower after writing that :p

unfortunately one-off posts wont clear your record!